JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Oremike; did you know that 38 super is now the round of choice for the cartels???? I got that from a LEO buddy of mine.

As for reloading, I didn't 'load' anything, but I disassembled a whole bunch of LC53, 30-06 M2 AP cartridges. With the old RCBS inertial puller, it was a serious session of 'wackity-wackity-wack!!
Not just the cartels, a lot of south of the border countries don't allow their citizens to have military calibers so no 9mm, 45, or 40. Then when they get up here they buy and shoot what they know. One more bit of 38 Super trivia, both John Dillenger and baby-faced Nelson carried full auto 38 supers back in the day.

Where the magic happens in my shop it is in "The Room" which is a controlled environment that I am constantly cleaning. Some call me anal for having such a clean room but isn't that the way it should be. ;)
It's hiding in plain sight.

View attachment 1296745 View attachment 1296746
You've got a great set-up Jim. Having a nice, fairly small, area that's kept clean for the actual "Re-loading part is ideal in my book. And your dirty, dirty decapping/tumbling/polishing area in the garage makes perfect sense. And if you were to ask ME? I think that garage/clutter isn't bad at all. I'm going to guess you have a good grasp of what is on/under those tables/shelves, and where things you want will be!

You've got a great set-up Jim. Having a nice, fairly small, area that's kept clean for the actual "Re-loading part is ideal in my book. And your dirty, dirty decapping/tumbling/polishing area in the garage makes perfect sense. And if you were to ask ME? I think that garage/clutter isn't bad at all. I'm going to guess you have a good grasp of what is on/under those tables/shelves, and where things you want will be!
Thanks Mike.
Gotta keep those two operations separate to keep the dust out that can/will accumulate in presses/tools/dies that already have close tolerances.

Indeed I do, that's why almost everything in the back half of the shop (MINE) has blue painter tape and the contents are labeled. 🤔

Thanks Mike.
Gotta keep those two operations separate to keep the dust out that can/will accumulate in presses/tools/dies that already have close tolerances.

Indeed I do, that's why almost everything in the back half of the shop (MINE) has blue painter tape and the contents are labeled. 🤔
Is fishing season over? You need to get busy on those 158's I sent you. I need a range report :p

On another note I had a very good experience cleaning the lanolin case lube off of my brass after resizing 500+ cases the other day.
I found a new 2 gallon bucket that had a good sealing top so I dumped half the brass in and poured in half a gallon of lacquer thinner, closed it up tight and started agitating for about 5 minutes. Checked a few to make sure they were clean, so far good to go. I then dumped it into my media separator and cranked on it for a few minutes to get as much of the cleaner out and dumped the cases on a clean towel to dry.
It's a slick way to do it IMHO.

On another note I had a very good experience cleaning the lanolin case lube off of my brass after resizing 500+ cases the other day.
I found a new 2 gallon bucket that had a good sealing top so I dumped half the brass in and poured in half a gallon of lacquer thinner, closed it up tight and started agitating for about 5 minutes. Checked a few to make sure they were clean, so far good to go. I then dumped it into my media separator and cranked on it for a few minutes to get as much of the cleaner out and dumped the cases on a clean towel to dry.
It sounds like a lot of work to me. I just throw them back in the Rotary Tumbler and do another cycle.

We're just on a pause waiting for some rain to bring the rest of the fish in the river. From December to spring time is when I like to spend time in the shop where it's nice and warm, and clean. Lol

Older I get the more I like warm and clean.
.....And the older I get WARM seems to be the most important. Not counting those women, of course. :s0131:
I just bought a quart of lacquer thinner to clean, lacquer, of all things, of an old Swede Mauser stock. It was $8.00 fricken bucks! For know I'm still stickling, literally, to RCBS lube, and the PAD. :oops:

.....And the older I get WARM seems to be the most important. Not counting those women, of course. :s0131:

I just bought a quart of lacquer thinner to clean, lacquer, of all things, of an old Swede Mauser stock. It was $8.00 fricken bucks! For know I'm still stickling, literally, to RCBS lube, and the PAD. :oops:
As @misterarman mentioned, a pulse is a definite must. :s0140:

Agreed, if you don't prep 500-1000 cases at a time the pad is your best option. A gallon is over $20. :eek::eek::eek:

Keep forgetting. Something happens at the bench every day.
Plated pulls from some some component 357sig.
Never again.

20221023_052156.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews