JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only size it once.
When I'm resizing I pull the sized case off the press, it immediately goes into a cage cage, if it fails I will size it again. If it doesn't pass it goes in this crap bucket.
I've had more than a few cases that have sized correctly but they have a ding on the rim and will not go into the case gauge. Those I set aside and touch them up with a fine file. Caveman thrifty. :D

When I'm resizing I pull the sized case off the press, it immediately goes into a cage cage, if it fails I will size it again. If it doesn't pass it goes in this crap bucket.
I've had more than a few cases that have sized correctly but they have a ding on the rim and will not go into the case gauge. Those I set aside and touch them up with a fine file. Caveman thrifty. :D
I understand the rim is why many fail the test. I just have soo much brass I don't need to deal with it. It's getting [gotten] to the point [sounds like a song] where I will never use all .45acp brass I have. So some has to go.

I've got a 50+# bucket of scrap that I've filled up in 3 years but it is indeed scrap.
When I go through the range pickups I sort calibers and discard all dented or crushed cases. I keep certain head stamps and sell the rest.

C591E4E4-6C6F-4DD5-9AC3-FD65886757A5.jpeg

I've got a 50+# bucket of scrap that I've filled up in 3 years but it is indeed scrap.
When I go through the range pickups I sort calibers and discard all dented or crushed cases. I keep certain head stamps and sell the rest.

View attachment 1297969
There's some FINE brass in there Jim! A little extra time in the polisher, go stainless pin and you'll get them shining like new! And those dents that don't come out in sizing, surely will if you load them a little higher pressure and choot 'em? Yup, they'll look like brand new! :s0108:

Well, 32 H&R, 32 S&W Long, 32-20, 30 Carbine (I know technically a rifle cartridge but I own a Blackhawk so it counts), 380, 9mm, 38 Super, 38 Special, 357 Mag, 38 S&W, 38 Long, 40 S&W, 10 mm, 38-40, 41 Mag, 44 Special, 44 Mag, 45 acp, 45 colt, 454. So yep you got me only 20 pistol calibers but some have multiple ammo cans. and also 12 ga, 22 long rifle, 45-70, 223, and 300 Win Mag.

Well, 32 H&R, 32 S&W Long, 32-20, 30 Carbine (I know technically a rifle cartridge but I own a Blackhawk so it counts), 380, 9mm, 38 Super, 38 Special, 357 Mag, 38 S&W, 38 Long, 40 S&W, 10 mm, 38-40, 41 Mag, 44 Special, 44 Mag, 45 acp, 45 colt, 454. So yep you got me only 20 pistol calibers but some have multiple ammo cans. and also 12 ga, 22 long rifle, 45-70, 223, and 300 Win Mag.
I was going to say look in a reloading manuel and there is a lot of pistol calibers.

Small batches for small minds. Some anti-moto robber* .380s with 90 gr. Sierra Sports Master HPs in Brazilian CBC cases. 4.5 Power Pistol for about as much steam as .380 can make.

1666740390529.png
*Moto robbers are a plague in Brazil and much of Latin America. If you see two dudes on a scooter or small cc motorcycle, they are up to no good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top