JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Missed this post.

I use the following depending on who has the best prices per bullet.

Acme Bullets
Eggleston Bullets
Blue Bullets

All are plastic coated.

The best are probably a toss between Acme and Blue. Eggleston has a thinner coating but can be less expensive at times.

The key is using your expanding die correctly. This is crucial in ensuring that you don't strip any of the coating as you seat.

I've been through 10s of thousands of these types of bullets thus far and have had great results.
In 9mm & 45ACP I like the blues for cost and have my bullet feeder dies set up for them.

For others that I load that have a crimp groove (38/357, 45 Colt) I like the Acme.

The Acme's seem to have the nicest/consistent coating.

To keep this on topic, I just (late yesterday actually) finished resizing/depriming & cleaning just over 3k 9mm cases...arm is tired (I'm old).

Tonight I set up my Dillon Super Swage 600 and and swaged just shy of 200 pieces of 223 brass.

I mounted the SS600 to a block of wood so I can mount it either horizontal or vertical in my bench vise. Then when I'm done I can get it out of the way and store it. I'm just curious because this is the first time I've swaged my brass. Where or how do you know the proper adjustment placement for the brass holder finger of the swager so that you don't ruin the brass but get it swaged properly? Also, do you prefer the vertical or horizontal mount?

IMG-1142.jpg

IMG-1143.jpg

I just aquired one myselfn i think I will have so I van mont it both vertical and horizontal like you did yours.
I checked out a couple of youtube videos. I will check them out again and see what I want to do.

Tonight I set up my Dillon Super Swage 600 and and swaged just shy of 200 pieces of 223 brass.

I mounted the SS600 to a block of wood so I can mount it either horizontal or vertical in my bench vise. Then when I'm done I can get it out of the way and store it. I'm just curious because this is the first time I've swaged my brass. Where or how do you know the proper adjustment placement for the brass holder finger of the swager so that you don't ruin the brass but get it swaged properly? Also, do you prefer the vertical or horizontal mount?

View attachment 578081

View attachment 578082

Small and Large Primer Pocket Swage Gage ® Set

50 rounds of 9mm self-defense loads to keep on hand... 124gr Speer Gold Dots over 5.5gr of Ramshot Silhouette, 1.105 OAL, Starline nickel cases. They are pretty...

sjkWT6b7QBeC-zb7halZGQ.jpg

Then did some .40 S&W plinking ammo for a trip to the cabin this weekend. 75 rounds of 155gr RMR plated, 5.3gr of Titegroup. Then 25 rounds of some 140gr bullets I cast last year that I need to get rid of. Used Unique for those. They have proven not very accurate in my other .40 S&W handguns, so not holding out a lot of hope that the M&P40c will like them...

j2TgGXSGSlG5-iGkG4s-Gg.jpg

Did some 30-30 with 110 grain FMJ bullets.
I am having some trouble getting the 100 Gr Speer Plinkers I prefer so I decided to try the 110s. I am sure they will shoot as well - heck maybe even better!
IMG_1297.JPG

Loaded my first .223 rounds for my Rem700. Got the recipe out of the Lyman Long Range Precision Reloading manual. I had to seat the bullets .02 deeper than they specified and am slightly concerned that even my low end charges lightly crunched the VARGET. A quick search online revealed others are doing the same but still caught me by surprise.
Hornady 75gr. ELD-M
VARGET 25.0 - 23.5 @ .3 increments

20190518_154104.jpg

Update: Great success! Found a few charges that produced 13, 10, 7, and 6 S.D. with NO signs of pressure (all the top charges) Bullets were .010 off the lands.

Last Edited:
Did some 30-30 with 110 grain FMJ bullets.
I am having some trouble getting the 100 Gr Speer Plinkers I prefer so I decided to try the 110s. I am sure they will shoot as well - heck maybe even better!

The 100gr. plinkers are deadly out of an M1 Carbine. and the 110 HP disintegrates jackrabbits out of an -06. :eek:
Love those two bullets.

I was up early and loaded 250 115g HAP 9mm shells. I have close to 2000 ready to go so I held off on making more.

I did prep a lot of varied brass on the single-stage... always amazed at how dirty decapping is.
I had some prepped 762x39 brass and an exact amount of RL7 to get those fully loaded.
The Yankee & Mariners game kept me company.

deprime.jpg

762x39.jpg

I was up early and loaded 250 115g HAP 9mm shells. I have close to 2000 ready to go so I held off on making more.

I did prep a lot of varied brass on the single-stage... always amazed at how dirty decapping is.
I had some prepped 762x39 brass and an exact amount of RL7 to get those fully loaded.
The Yankee & Mariners game kept me company.

View attachment 581030

View attachment 581031

The shell ejector is awesome!

Today I snuck into the garage to crimp my 44Mag ammo in between chores. I loaded up some 180 grain Hornady XTPs with 29 gr of H110 a couple of weeks ago but didn't have a crimp die handy. H110 really puts the zip in these rounds (~ 2170 fps out of a 20in barrel) and I knew without a crimp I would be asking for trouble. Even though I loaded these for my T/C Contender Carbine (which for those unfamiliar with Contenders is a single shot break action), I felt they were unfinished if I didn't crimp them so I waited till my lee crimp die arrived. While my rounds don't look like lipstick like Jo Jo's they do look ready for hunting.

Edit: Some background. Initially I loaded 3 separate 44 mag rounds. 200gr Nosler JHP with 27 gr of H110 for my son's SW 4"629. This was the gun that I was concerned about crimps. Next I loaded the 180 Hornady XTPs with 29gr H110 and CCI large pistol primers. Finally I loaded Berry plated 240gr HP with 9 gr of HP-38 and magnum pistol primers due to the case being less than 80% full. I crimped the 200 Nosler JHP loads yesterday so I didn't initially include them in my post

Reloading 44 mag.jpg

Last Edited:

View attachment 578081

View attachment 578082
I use the RCBS swager die and mount it in my old Redding T25 turret press. I'm very happy with the results. Before I got the RCBS die, I was trying to uniform the pocket without swaging and it was hard work. After awhile I realized that swaging was different than uniforming and got the right tool.

Sample lot of 38spcl using the bullets I got off @Mikej 125 grain Montana gold jacketed hollow points.

Shooting for subsonic loads in this batch. Will load up another batch of supers later to try for speed and accuracy.

This batch is starting at 4.8 grains unique to 6 grains unique. In batches of 10. I'm hoping at least the sub 5.5 grain loads will stay subsonic. Once I get a good sub load with these bullets I'll swap over the dies on the progressive and crank out a few hundred to be shot through the Marlin with the can exclusively.

All sat at 1.450" with a slight taper crimp.

34FA0930-750E-4A98-B822-D883A68B1F88.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads