JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_nc_ohc=QwWKR2CMr_MAX8gFVAj&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Every morning (pretty much 7 days a week but sometimes I take a day off) I walk for 45 minutes, which is typically 2.6 miles. In the afternoons Mon-Fri I do some kind of strength training, primarily either Kettlebells workouts or Strength and Conditioning with Bench or Deadlift being the primary strength exercise.

House sits atop ten acres. Been going "rockhounding" with wife. Usually carry a bucket of pretty rocks back up the hill. Lots of quartz and other sparkly treasures. Slow, but spend 1.5 hours traversing the changes in elevation. Good leg strengthening and challenged to stay upright. Some cardio but mostly core strengthening. Turn 70 next week so want to stay ambulatory. Paying attention to all the cactus and use a walking stick like a blind man. Try to wake the snake before I step on it. Amazon snake gaiters should be here soon.

Still hitting it 5 days a week. Also been eating even more carefully to try and cut the last few pounds of fat. I was eating too much trying to increase my gains and ended up not liking the extra bit that came with it. Peaked at 214 and now back down to 201. Stomach is almost non-existent now and starting to look more cut. With my shirt off I look pretty good but I'm still not where I want to be. It helps draw attention away from my face though. :D

Last Edited:
Still hitting it 5 days a week. Also been eating even more carefully to try and cut the last few pounds of fat. I was eating too much trying to increase my gains and ended up not liking the extra bit that came with it. Peaked at 214 and now back down to 201. Stomach is almost non-existent now and starting to look more cut. With my shirt off I look pretty good but I'm still not where I want to be. It helps draw attention away from my face though. :D

Tage a look at the guide i posted earlier. Its solid!

I moved to a new 20+ acre place way up in the mountains here in VT in August , built a nice 1 car size shed , skirted and insulated the house, did a bunch of excavator work around the house and on the other side of the stream in front of the house for a spot for a camper( about 3 acres total) , leading to a bunch of hand work needing to be done, capped the 300 ' drive with 4-5 " of gravel all spread by hand, put up about 5 cords of fire wood, and cut several ATV trails and added a bunch of water bars up on the hill. Sense then I have been concentrating on releasing my healthy trees from all the blow downs, leaners and dead standers sense September. I've dropped and cleaning up probably 60-70 dead trees so far with many being anywhere from 50-70+ foot dead pines + birch plus a bunch of slash. All of this I've done by myself with no help

So at just shy of 71 and partially disabled, I'm going to have to say that my workout routine is right on track,,,,

Not that I ever need one really , sense I'm still 180ish 5'11" with a 31" waist, same as when in high school and I worked with the Forest Service patrolling the AT for 2 weeks at a time carrying a 60+ lb pack for >16 years till I was 58 years old and did high angle rescue and was a smoke jumper all that time as well. I always was pretty buff and haven't really changed that much physically,,,other than my 6 pack has now turned into a 8 pack. But hell for my age I'm doing great and most folks think I'm still in my late 50's early 60's, so I must have done something right all these years ? Plus I can still wear out most 30 something year olds when working in the woods.

Worst thing to happen is that my hair got sparce and now grows out of every other orifice know to man ,rather than growing on my head now,,,I guess that happens when you finally reach puberty,,,,,LOL!!!!! Ya,,,I'm sticking to that one mister,,,, I don't need no stinking gym, I get plenty of a work out normally just living day to day.

Last Edited:
I pushed our forty-year-old daughter around town so that she could do some necessary shopping, same as we've done since she was just eight years old and her legs didn't work any more.

Keeps me fit! I've got calves and thighs like a Sherpa, thanks to that and my erstwhile sport of biathlon........ :)

My new job has me moving a lot more then I was when unemployed so I've dropped from 280 down to 258 in a couple months and while some days really kick my butt I seem to be recovering after a decent nights sleep and be up and ready to do it again the next day.

Im only eating once a day so inadvertently I'm intermittently fasting for 21-22 hours a day.

Im also skating by just above keto so I would call my nutrition plan 'extremely low carb', which seems to be working for me.

Need to do an A1c soon and know I'm not down to my goal but my blood sugar is much better then when I was eating whatever I wanted without counting carbs.

Round is a shape... :cool:

I did some sporting clays. The course is just over a mile round trip with a steep hill at the start. Walking that course with a shotgun and a few boxes of shells is good exercise though.
Hahaha!!! I'm not even round! My lungs just don't work anymore!

Man, I'd love to do sporting clays again.

Chronic inflammation is common and many people do not know they suffer with it.

Simply exercising combats this? Good news.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-01-muscle-combats-chronic-inflammation.html

Also see this article

Bonus winter hikes. Since it has been nicer than normal by a lot we have been doing hikes up around the farm and through the woods. Have 60 acres and have been scouting for new trail locations to start for the dirt bikes and where all the blown firs at at to collect for firewood.

We play hide and seek as we go, to add another level of fitness training, one of us hides and the other sends the pointy eared devil to FIND. He is never fooled:) Thought I had him today but he found me way down in the brush between 3 fallen trees above the spring. climbing back up was a workout in it's self

He is a cheatin bastard....

Hit it hard at the gym today. Sore but good workout. (Parenthetically, I had shower installed at my office for the personal gym I've built/building there and used said today. It worked though it is, frankly, shoddy work, but not surprising considering the area. No matter, it help with fitness goals. :s0155:)

Well.....I did walk to the refrigerator at least twice today and got two beers. And on top of that.....the beers were Lite beers.

Aloha, Mark

PS....a third beer is calling my name.
Miller-time.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews