JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
garage sales
craigs list
friends who just got a girlfriend to move in ...

I have been looking for months.
The price skyrocketed faster than gun related stuff with the kung fu flu.

Thank you for the suggestions though.
Some of the fitness related items are coming back in stock so hopefully availability and pricing get better.

Heart Health Test

The Test

Walk up 4 flights of stairs in under 45 seconds.

The Rules
  1. Start a timer and walk (don't run) up four flights of stairs. That's 60 steps.
  2. No stopping and resting.
Researchers at the European Society of Cardiology devised this as a quick test of overall heart health and to judge your likelihood of developing coronary artery disease. It was pretty accurate, even compared to those doctor-supervised stress tests and fancy heart imaging studies (1).

How to Evaluate Your Results
  • Anything under 45 seconds is good.
  • Around 60 seconds means you might have some work to do.
  • Anything over 90 seconds and, well, make a doctor's appointment.
Remember, this isn't a sprint to the top. Just walk and make sure you can sustain that pace.

This morning I went the full 4 flights here at work
that turns out to be 80 steps.

50 seconds. My watch said my heart rate was 62, so clearly didn't pick it up correctly.

I also note that each story is a different number of stairs - 1 -2 is most, ok, that makes sense as first floor, but why are 2-3 and 3-4 are different?

Heart Health Test

The Test

Walk up 4 flights of stairs in under 45 seconds.

The Rules
  1. Start a timer and walk (don't run) up four flights of stairs. That's 60 steps.
  2. No stopping and resting.
Researchers at the European Society of Cardiology devised this as a quick test of overall heart health and to judge your likelihood of developing coronary artery disease. It was pretty accurate, even compared to those doctor-supervised stress tests and fancy heart imaging studies (1).

How to Evaluate Your Results
  • Anything under 45 seconds is good.
  • Around 60 seconds means you might have some work to do.
  • Anything over 90 seconds and, well, make a doctor's appointment.
Remember, this isn't a sprint to the top. Just walk and make sure you can sustain that pace.

Sometimes for a warm-up at the gym, I'll do 50 flights on the stair machine. I usually take 9-10 minutes, which averages out to 43-48 seconds for 4 flights. I've done it as fast as 8 minutes which would be 38 seconds for 4 flights.

Just doing the 4 would probably be a bit quicker.

Warm up?!?!

I generally do a short cardio (15 minutes or less) warm-up to get my heart rate up, followed by lifting, working two muscle groups. I do chest/arms one day, shoulders/back the next, and legs/core the third. Then I finish with some more cardio, usually another 15 minutes, but sometimes as short as 4 minutes (20-10 assault bike sprints).

I generally do a short cardio (15 minutes or less) warm-up to get my heart rate up, followed by lifting, working two muscle groups. I do chest/arms one day, shoulders/back the next, and legs/core the third. Then I finish with some more cardio, usually another 15 minutes, but sometimes as short as 4 minutes (20-10 assault bike sprints).

That cardio after a good lifting session can be a real butt kicker.
I used to hit the bike, treadmill, and rowing machine each for 5 minutes at the end of my leg day.

Yeah, I definitely don't WANT to do it, but I try to leave the gym smoked everyday.

Mine was closed since Oct, and I was bad about getting exercise at home. It's crazy how fast you lose your gains. It opened up on Jan 4th and I've been good about going 5 days a week since. Starting to get it back.

Yeah, I definitely don't WANT to do it, but I try to leave the gym smoked everyday.

Mine was closed since Oct, and I was bad about getting exercise at home. It's crazy how fast you lose your gains. It opened up on Jan 4th and I've been good about going 5 days a week since. Starting to get it back.

I was using Planet Fitness.
Closed off and on here in Oregon. The last straw was when they made masks required in August.
I have stacked on 20 lbs. Despite being relatively active and a decent diet.

I am itching to get back to the gym and shed this junk. For what its worth i also eat incredibly clean when i am in the routine of going to the gym. For some strange reason, if i am not going to the gym, my diet goes out the window.

I was using Planet Fitness.
Closed off and on here in Oregon. The last straw was when they made masks required in August.
I have stacked on 20 lbs. Despite being relatively active and a decent diet.

I am itching to get back to the gym and shed this junk. For what its worth i also eat incredibly clean when i am in the routine of going to the gym. For some strange reason, if i am not going to the gym, my diet goes out the window.

No masks at my gym. It's one of the smaller 24hr franchises. Half the time, there's only one or two people in there at a time anyway.

As far as eating, it almost harder for me to eat reasonably when I'm working out alot. My metabolism speeds up and I get real hungry. I try to focus on eating good carbs and fats instead of junk.

I usually do pretty good all day when I'm busy doing stuff, but then I come home and make tacos for dinner and destroy like 5 of them.

No masks at my gym. It's one of the smaller 24hr franchises. Half the time, there's only one or two people in there at a time anyway.

Jealous.
I went to a 24 hour with a friend. Much better equipment in my opinion. And no masks:s0115:.

Folks were getting pissed at PF because i wasnt wearing a mask. I just carried on. Then the day came that the gym changed their policy.

The eating thing is a weird psychological thing for me. I think i eat better when i am going to the gym because i want to see the results faster.
I can certainly tell the difference in how feel between eating a "gym" diet vs my non gym diet.

BTW, tacos are life and life is tacos. So its okay to eat a dozen or so...;)

Welp.
I rejoined PF last night because a new location just opened its doors.
I went last night and spent 90 minutes with some cardio and light lifting.

It was awesome. I missed the gym and the 20/25 pounds I've gained demonstrates that.

Welp.
I rejoined PF last night because a new location just opened its doors.
I went last night and spent 90 minutes with some cardio and light lifting.

It was awesome. I missed the gym and the 20/25 pounds I've gained demonstrates that.

Hey man, thanks for the good word! I didn't realize that gyms had opened back up so I just called my local one and reinstated my membership after dinner. I'll be there bright and early shortly after they open.

I am super psyched!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top