JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey man, thanks for the good word! I didn't realize that gyms had opened back up so I just called my local one and reinstated my membership after dinner. I'll be there bright and early shortly after they open.

I am super psyched!

I am less than thrilled about being forced to wear a face covering. It is going to limit my cardio time because I can't stand not being able to breathe freely.

You are welcome.
It's great I spent another 75 minutes working out tonight.

Just wrapped up 20 minutes on the treadmill followed by seated chest press, lat pulls and butterflies. It's good to have the gym open again. We go up and down this rollercoaster, open for a few months then closed again. Nobody getting COVID from the gym, seems silly to force people to get OUT of shape to stay healthy. :rolleyes:

Ditto. The gym was my church and kept me on an even keel. I try to run 2 miles a day but recently I've been slacking and my once stringent eating habits have deteriorated.

The weight room can't open back up fast enough.

We are cut from the same cloth it seems. :cool:

It pisses me off to achieve all the gains then have the gyms close so we can all sit at home and get fat and sloppy. The day the gym opened back up I was in there and everyday since. Working out keeps me even, mentally and physically.

No gym today.
Last night was chest, shoulders, and arms.
I am still working my way through the first week back in the gym soreness.
My only gripe is I am sucking wind and cant through more than 15 minutes of cardio with a face diaper. Otherwise eating habits are coming back. Scale says I am down 1 lb.

No gym today.
My only gripe is I am sucking wind and cant through more than 15 minutes of cardio with a face diaper. Otherwise eating habits are coming back. Scale says I am down 1 lb.

The facemask definitely messes with my cardio. Shoot it even messes with my weight lifting when I'm doing speed reps. I hate it. I gained 15 pounds of crap from the week before T-day to last week when the gym opened back up. F that. I'm back at it 110% and eating right again. Sucks that I was up to 265 on bench press and now I'm back down to 225. Lame. On the bright side I noticed gains right away, muscles don't forget after a couple months.

NO. MORE. SHUTDOWNS. :mad:

The facemask definitely messes with my cardio. Shoot it even messes with my weight lifting when I'm doing speed reps. I hate it. I gained 15 pounds of crap from the week before T-day to last week when the gym opened back up. F that. I'm back at it 110% and eating right again. Sucks that I was up to 265 on bench press and now I'm back down to 225. Lame. On the bright side I noticed gains right away, muscles don't forget after a couple months.

NO. MORE. SHUTDOWNS. :mad:

Nearly a year ago i was meeting all of my gym goals and was on pace to hit 400lbs with my deadlift at the end of 2020.

2 things happened. Gym closures and a job change that has me at a desk 90% of my day vs old job that i was at a desk 20% of my day. Plus i walked 3-7 miles throughout the work day.

today, 150 gymnatic situps(scissors), 3 sets each: deadlift, hip sled, calves, bench, flies, shoulders, quads, triceps, biceps, 200 calories on elliptical, roundhouse kicks heavy bag. trying to stay strong to compete with 'younsters' in prs-type events. am able to get stronger up to a point, but it's very difficult to get much definition any more. frustrating this age thing.

No gym today.

I'm working through the soreness as well and it's painfully obvious my strength has been languishing these past few months. With the snow coming this weekend I'll probably be out of the gym until early next week but I'll try to eat healthy and hit it hard when I go back.

2.5 hours tonight.

They have a semi proper leg press that I hit 400lbs with tonight. It felt like I could go further but I've learned to take it easy the first few weeks back.
It was legs and back day.
It was nice on the lat pulldowns. I had a great mind/muscle connection and could feel each contraction.

I think a break from your usual gym routine allows you to reset what the lifts should feel like. Nearly every piece of advise I've seen about building muscle talks about that mind/muscle connection and feeling each contraction.

Still hitting the gym about 3 days in a row, then a rest day. Cardio is coming back into acceptable not feeling like im going to die range.
I am at the gym anywhere from 45-120 minutes typically.

I am grateful to be back in the gym. Life is currently throwing some difficult to deal with stuff my way. The gym allows me to forget most of that stuff for a bit and focus on myself.

I have also put on a bunch of weight since COVID hit. I had suffered a pretty rough back injury (torn sacroiliac ligaments, torn labrum in sacroiliac joint) and an inguinal hernia in august 19, had just gotten back the other side of that and was losing the weight gained from 3 months of couch time when everything got shut down. Back to where I started. Fun.

f980b1905dc101394e2e005056a9545d.gif

I am still going to the gym 4-6 times a week, depending on what else i have going on. Currently i am dealing with a bad shoulder finally. So the doc said no lifting with shoulder for a week after my shot this morning.
The next 7 days will focus on cardio, legs, lower back/core.

I'm still going 5 days a week. I've dropped 7 pounds of shutdown munching and have about 10 to go to be where I want. :cool:

I'm still going 5 days a week. I've dropped 7 pounds of shutdown munching and have about 10 to go to be where I want. :cool:

I havent dropped any weight as i am supplementing a ton of protein. Shirts are starting to fit like they were before the virus BS. I am filling out the sleeves a bit better. The shoulder seams are moving up to sitting on the shoulders correctly. My wife grabbed the back of an arm for something this weekend and noted that my triceps have returned the way she likes them.
I am trying acupuncture for my bad food habits, mostly my sweet tooth. It seems to work. Time will tell.

I havent dropped any weight as i am supplementing a ton of protein. Shirts are starting to fit like they were before the virus BS. I am filling out the sleeves a bit better. The shoulder seams are moving up to sitting on the shoulders correctly. My wife grabbed the back of an arm for something this weekend and noted that my triceps have returned the way she likes them.
I am trying acupuncture for my bad food habits, mostly my sweet tooth. It seems to work. Time will tell.

Yep, I noticed my XL t-shirts are fitting tight at the sleeves, chest and armpits like they used to. Good stuff. :cool:

I typically run and do compound lifts like squats, deadlifts and pull ups on the rings. i reduced the running significantly to recover since November when i did my last 14 miler (long for me) and started to feel the beginning of a sports hernia. I recovered completely now i believe. This weekend and Monday, i will slowly increase the pace and distance to 6.2 miles a day in heart rate zone 1 to 3... great thread!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top