JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since my swimming pool has been closed I got a job last April. I have not done any work outs at all but have lost 18 pounds as of today. Cake, steak, and ice cream chased with a beer.

I cut, split and stacked about a half cord of wood yesterday.

Today, I may try some more if it doesn't get too warm. It was supposed to rain last night but it didn't, but it is cooler - so far.

81e7ec107d5a0138036b005056a9545d.jpg

July 1, started swimming again. I didn't get a good count on my laps but figure less than twenty. Did two submerged lengths. The pool requires a reservation and allows for fifty minutes of lane time. I will be working on returning to ocean swimming soon.

More swimming. 15 minutes therapy pool doing some of the Bas Rutten workout. Ordered carbon fiber blades for my free diving fins and a 7mm spear fisher wet suit for local use.

Been going to the gym daily. Yesterday was 50 minutes of weights..

Bench press
Seated Rows
Seated bicep curls
Leg lifts

Today will be
Incline press
Lat pulls
Standing hammer curls
Leg Press
Calf press

Been going to the gym daily. Yesterday was 50 minutes of weights..

Bench press
Seated Rows
Seated bicep curls
Leg lifts

Today will be
Incline press
Lat pulls
Standing hammer curls
Leg Press
Calf press

Awesome! Why not do a split routine where you're targeting and training one muscle group per day, for instance chest on Monday and back on Tuesday?

Good question. I don't have a good answer. :D

So I used to do a monolithic workout routine three times a week, but I've now found a split routine works far better. I do one body part each day for five days with two days off. Give it a try and I think you'll agree. You can look at some of the pros routines for ideas or I'm happy to send you mine if you're interested.

So I used to do a monolithic workout routine three times a week, but I've now found a split routine works far better. I do one body part each day for five days with two days off. Give it a try and I think you'll agree. You can look at some of the pros routines for ideas or I'm happy to send you mine if you're interested.

Id be interested if you wanted to convo it to me. :)

I do
Chest/arms
Back/shoulders
Legs/core
Cardio
Rest
Repeat

Seems to work well for me. I like to work each group slightly more than once a week. I feel like I only maintain if I only do each once a week.

Id be interested if you wanted to convo it to me. :)

I do a five day split broken out as follows:

• Day 1: Chest - 4-5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 2: Back - 5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 3: Shoulders, upper traps - 4-5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 4: Legs - 5-6 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 5: Biceps, triceps - 3-4 exercises each, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 6-7: Rest
Typically I'm doing four sets unless it's a duplicative exercise like dumbell flies and the pec deck machine during chest day. Then I'll do three sets.

Also I'd say your diet is just as if not more important than your exercises. I'll see if i can find a great article on that topic as well as list my exercises when I get a minute.

I'm noticing gains and getting back to where I was pre-corona. Been going daily and working specific muscle groups. I'm going to sit down and write out a routine when I have a little more time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top