JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm noticing gains and getting back to where I was pre-corona. Been going daily and working specific muscle groups. I'm going to sit down and write out a routine when I have a little more time.

Me too, I'm almost at the point I was at pre-covid, although I still can't put up the weight I was lifting.

I'll post my routine when I get a few minutes as well.

@Kruel J
I have some downtime before gaming night, so as promised here is the Ash Williams' Worshiping at the Altar of Iron Workout Routine©.
  • Day 1: Chest - 4-5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 2: Back - 5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 3: Shoulders, upper traps - 4-5 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 4: Legs - 5-6 exercises, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 5: Biceps, triceps - 3-4 exercises each, 3-4 sets, 6-10 reps
  • Day 6: Rest
  • Repeat

chest:
  • bench press
  • dumbbell flies/cable chest fly (alternate days)
  • dumbbell incline press
  • decline bench press
  • dips targeting chest
back:
  • dumbbell one arm rows
  • seated cable rows
  • barbell bent over rows
  • lat pull-downs
shoulders:
  • dumbbell shoulder press
  • dumbbell shrugs
  • barbell upright rows
  • dumbbell alternate seated lateral raises
  • alternating dumbbell front raises
legs:
  • warmup (10-12 minutes treadmill)
  • leg press
  • standing calf raises
  • leg extensions
  • dumbbell lunges
arms:
  • dumbbell hammer curls
  • skullcrushers
  • wrist curls
  • reverse grip barbell curls
  • tricep dips

For nutrition (just as important as exercise if not more important), start with 1 gram of protein per pound of ideal body weight then start following this guide.

I need to incorporate some of the pillar exercises like deadlifts and squats, but other than that I believe this plan to be solid.

Last Edited:
Arms Day this morning. I incorporated three sets of tricep cable pushdowns today at the end of the workout.

I think as the routine in the above post evolves I will edit it to keep it current.

Finally got a cortisone shot last week for my medial meniscus tear, so I am up and about on my treadmill again after quite some time away from it.

Arthroscopic surgery coming up this fall... ;)

Started walking regularly back in March after we got sent home to work and my access to the gym there was cut off. Since then, I walk 3-4 times a week, 5 miles at a time, at a very brisk pace (15:00/mile average) which gets my heart rate up into the endurance zone. Add in squats, push-ups, planks and some dumbbell work as well.

Combine that with the necessity of going 100% gluten free as of January 1st and as of this weekend, officially hit 40lbs down since January. Got more work to do, but really pleased with the results. No idea when we'll be allowed to go back to the office, or the gym, but I've found a way to make it work. I'm in better shape during the quarantine than I was before!

Went to Clear Lake to test swim my new wet suit. I had to use my scuba weight belt which is unsuitable for free diving. Coming up from about 50' was slow going. It should've been a fast ascent . Had to pump the legs and arms to get back to the sunlight.

I have new carbon fiber flippers and proper weights for my dive belt on the way.

Been back at it for 6 weeks now. Results are encouraging:

Covid Lockdown, mid-May:

IMG_0587.JPG

Today:

Untitled.jpg

Humbled on my Mountain Bike

Took a walk around a local lake with Mrs. Teflon last weekend and noticed some rideable looking trails. So yesterday, I returned there solo with my mountain bike. What 10 years ago would've been a vigorous ride with some challenging sections and climbs caused me hardcore gasping for breath, a hammering heart (well north of the recommended max range for 65 years) and teetering unsteadiness in some of the technical spots where a simple slip and fall would mean tumbling 10-20 yards down a steep bank into snags. Seems my technical skills and confidence have eroded over time as well.

Bottom line? Of course I will continue, but with a bit of caution lest I vapor lock and die alone in the woods, or slip and fall down a steep bank (with feet caught in Power Grips) and die alone in the woods.

Not sure, I'll regain ALL of the monstrous single-track skills and stamina that came so naturally in decades past, but that's what I'll be working on.

Tweaked my elbow a little during arms day earlier this week and have a bit of "tennis elbow". Stopped halfway through shoulders day today as I felt some pain during upright rowing. I'm going to rest through the weekend and pick it back up Monday. A little worried and disappointed though. :(

Tweaked my elbow a little during arms day earlier this week and have a bit of "tennis elbow". Stopped halfway through shoulders day today as I felt some pain during upright rowing. I'm going to rest through the weekend and pick it back up Monday. A little worried and disappointed though. :(

That sucks. I hope you heal up quick!

Finished painting the house couple of weeks ago painted the shed to match the house yesterday. Dug one post hole ( hard clay ) replacing a short section of fence today. Eating lunch now. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top