JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss the gym, I've been told I'm addicted to working out. :rolleyes:

Ditto on missing the gym. I'm still able to workout with what I setup at the office, but the workouts are a bit more limited. I've got another piece of equipment coming in that will increase the range. If the EO stays in place, and the weather continues to suck, I'll toss in a treadmill too.

I've been doing pushups, planks and various exercises with my dumb bells. Maintaining, but not gaining. :(

That's about where I am at the moment. Similar exercises, plus cardio from long, brisk walks. Still, it's far better than doing nothing, and getting outside is a mental boost.

Keeping busy and switching things up regularly...

Rowing ergometer, mountain biking, weapons training, bands, dumbells/weights, swinging the hammers, pad work with the kids, walking the dog. Imo, the single best piece of exercise equipment you can own is a Concept 2 rowing ergometer. Works the whole body and depending on how you structure the workouts you can make the intervals more aerobic or anaerobic. You can take it easy and leasurly or you can let it kick your azz.

Just finished 220 pushups. I'll do some dumb bell stuff in a little bit.

This is getting really silly. Open the damn gym!

c1827f905b320138f719005056a9545d.gif

It's been 3 years since I've stepped in a gym and have maintained about the same weight. Since this Covid thing, girlfriend and I breakup, and stress at work, I've manage to put on almost 15lbs in the last month+ to weigh the most I've ever weighed in my life. I finally had enough of looking at myself in the mirror and the climbing scales while not actually doing anything about. I started very small this morning with just pushups, bicycle crunches, etc. The things I used to do as warmups before lifting but that I can do now w/o a gym or weights. Also cutting out the comfort sodas and adding greens to my diet. I eat somewhere between terribly and not great, but food is one of my biggest passions and I'm not going to give up pasta, bbq, and prime ribeye for abs. I typically only eat 1/2 portions anyway. My baseline is 42 yrs old, 6'5", 210lbs

Last Edited:
I have to say I'm spoiled. My fitness wife has built up our three car home gym over the past 7 years so no need for clubs for us. I had been traveling extensively and taking care of family member out of state for six months until February. The virus hit, I'm at home, and been lifting, cardio, bike rides nearly every day for two months. I haven't worked out like this for years and it is awesome. I'm feeling the best I have in years and no very motivated to keep it up. Even adding firearms to the workouts (SIRT guns), foot work, etc. Sad to say it took this darn virus to get me here. Lifted today, possible ride this afternoon if the current awesome weather holds out.

Update on closed pool : my 2 to 3 hour workouts did not affect my weight. I have not changed my weight since I was shut out by the Governor's edict. The trend is the same as when I worked out. However there are many health benefits besides weight loss. So l will be back at ASAP. For now I was hired to do meaningful work and contribute to our MAGA mandate, not the Governor's shut down. I got a job.

Been keeping up with lots of pushups, situps and dumb bell work. Doing what I can with the gyms closed. My weight is still right at 200, keeping it in check more with diet than exercise right now.

I don't need a home gym, not that I have neither the space nor the funds to have one even supposing I could build one here. Instead, I push our 40 y/o daughter around the town ring road - about 2.7 miles of busy roads and intersections.

Does that count?

The one thing I've done right is Keto/Omad/IF since last May. Doesn't required that you beat yourself up constantly with steady state cardio. Just some HITT 3-4 times a week (optional) and NO SUGARS. Weight is stable even during the Plandemic at <190.
Dr Berg and Dr Fung channels on YT are really helpful, with some Cole Robinson at Snake Diet thrown in for good measure.
Real 'Doctors' know very little about nutrition or preventive measures they automatons which one mission - selling pharm drugs and poisons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top