JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Warning - Cole likes to swear so NSFW - turn off speakers if an easily offended pansy. His voice saying "Hey Fatty" is my alarm.
This is his best, to the point video and absolutely true. I have friends that beat themselves up with multiple meals and day and are in a "Biggest Loser" type of 'nutrition plan." The problem with it is unless you are willing to exercise 2-4 hours a day to burn up the sugars/carbs you can never stay thin. That is why 95% FAIL. Hopes this easy explanation helps understand insulin resistance and weight loss. If you are in your 40s, 50s and beyond it IS the answer.

I pushed my daughter around the town ring road - about 2.2 miles or 15.4 dog miles.

after she 'lost her legs' at age eight and was permanently in a chair, Mrs tac and I got good at pushing, and we still are. Before I got married in '71, I pushed a guy with MS from Bilbao to Santiago de Compostela in Northern Spain. If you've not heard of it, it's a Christian pilgrim thang that devout Christians like to do, a bit like going to Lourdes or Fatima. This particular pilgrimage though is pretty hard, especially pushing a 150# guy who is strapped in to stop him falling out. I only did the Northern route, which is still around 220 miles. We were strangers, almost, when we started off, and best friends when we walked into the plaza in front of the cathedral. He died three months later. Greg had MS, and was just 32 years old when it beat him.

Looks like a lot of my life has revolved around wheelchairs, and the people in them for one reason or another.

Here is a great video about one pair and their experience - mind you, their chair was a LOT better than ours - no bitey X-crountry tires on ours - there weren't invented, and it weighed around fifty pounds, too. Some days we could do maybe 12 - 14 miles, other days, not so much. Between one thing and another it took us 42 days. I remember that I lost around twelve pounds, maybe more, in spite of eating like a long-distance marching squad.

Had a typical "chest day".
Bench Press. 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.
Incline Bench Press. 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.
Decline Bench. 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press. 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
And a couple of things to kill biceps

Continuing to walk (quick pace) 4 days a week, 5 miles each time for a total of 20 miles a week. Haven't kept up on lifting with the dumbbells as much as I'd like, just need to get back on that.

Had a knee issue last week that I thought might be a big problem, turns out I had apparently just strained my MCL and some "trigger point release" at home, combined with icing and elevation, sorted it out within 24 hours!

Weight is actually down since the whole stay at home order started. I'm more shocked by that than about anyone.

Edged and mowed my lawn this afternoon noon. Got a solar battery stuck in my edger so had take the blade off to get to the battery out.

It was my battery since I ran over the solar light last summer on the side of the driveway. I thought I picked everything up but I forgot the solar battery since I didn't see it. Running over a solar light makes a huge mess and they have glass instead of plastic lens.

I helped my neighbor pull his tractor out of a ditch (sort of a ditch). It was leaned over dangerously and was in danger of rolling over.

I used my big truck to pull it sideways out of the ditch so he could drive it out.

The exercise was climbing up and down a rock face hill to run the line to the tractor multiple times; I could only pull about 5 feet forward until my truck would encounter a hillside that stopped it from going forward. Rinse and repeat multiple times, shortening the line a few feet to pull it out some more. For an old guy like me it was enough to have the chest pains and be out of breath, but we got it out without it rolling over.

Still at it, dumbbell work, pushups and situps. Gyms should be opening up soon and I'm ready! Maintaining a weight of 198-202 via diet.

I've lost a lot of gains since my gym shut down and I run a mile every morning in lieu of weight training. I'm trying to eat healthy but I've been bad this week. I'm really looking forward to the gyms opening up, but they'll probably be the last to open as I live in Washington County.

Still at it, dumbbell work, pushups and situps. Gyms should be opening up soon and I'm ready! Maintaining a weight of 198-202 via diet.

Mine opened yesterday. I hit it today. Only had time to do 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Other than that, my knees have been killing me. Went to see a physical therapist about 10 days ago. She said my knees are good mechanically, but it's a weak core and glute muscles causing improper torque on my knee muscles. Been planking and doing a leg lift excercise she showed me. It seems to help.

tac,

I hadn't a clue what ''I'm knackered' meant, until I meant my U.K. girlfriends parents who quizzed me on U.K. slang.

As it turned out, I loved them....even though, I looked kinda sounded silly not knowing such things...I didn't quiz them on U.S. slang...and yes, I really loved them....

Back in the gym and did arms. Its amazing what three months with no anaerobic exercise will do to you. I was astounded at how weak I'd become. This week I did my usual routine with moderate weight and I was pretty sore.

During isolation I ran a mile a day though. It's good to be back in the gym lifting weights.

Finally! My gym is still closed so I joined a new one and knocked out a great workout yesterday. Bench press, seated rows and standing curls. It really felt amazing to get back to it. I've lost some since corona, 40 pounds less on bench press specifically. But I'll get it back soon enough!

I'm decently sore today. Wow have I missed that feeling. Tonight is going to be shoulders and back then treadmill. Love it! :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top