JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off I really don't think everyone SHOULD OWN A FIREARM. Afterall EVERYONE MEANS EVERYONE.

I think those people who chose to own a firearm and can legally own a firearm should be able to do so with little if any Bubblegum involved.

As to what 5) I would chose for myself or my fellow law abiding neighbor. Have to think hard on that.

1. 22 LR rifle
2. Pistol - 357 cal or larger ( I have 40 Cal)
3. Shotgun with different chokes - 12 Ga ( bird shot, slugs, Buck Shot, Turkey shot) MAybe a HD BArrel
4. Bolt Action Longer range rifle - Thinking 270 caliber and higher
5. AR10 or AR15

1. A .22 rifle: If all what you want is something to burn up what "used to be" cheap ammo, then a . 22 auto rifle is fine. IMO, a .22 is an understudy gun to centerfire riles that is used to develop excellence in marksmanship. If you can't excel with a .22, perhaps you need to stay there till you can. The Winchester 52 comes to mind as the ultimate, although the CZ's made these days aren't too bad.

2. A .22 pistol. Again, training towards competence with the pistol with lots of shooting is what these guns do best. With revolvers, a K frame Smith, hands down. With autos, a Colt Woodsman, one of the better Hi-Standards, the SW 41 or perhaps the Browning Buckmark.

3. A centerfire rifle for hunting. I prefer the bolt actions (Mauser type) for long range, such as the pre-64 Winchesters or else the falling block actions, such as the Winchester Hi-Wall or the Ruger #1. Not to say that the lever actions or pumps are inappropriate for closer range deep wood hunting. Think Win 94, Savage 99 or Win 95. Caliber appropriate to what you hunt for.

4. A defensive handgun. Very much a matter of personal taste but stick to the "defensive" calibers, that begin with 9mm/.38 and go up from there. Not to say that .32 and .380 don't have their place. Sometimes. Revo or auto?....either one.

5. Something fun. For some, that could be a black rifle. And others, a single action Colt/Ruger for cowboy action. For me, a Pennsylvania-Kentucky long rifle or a Sharps.

6. Sorry, five is not enough. A shotgun. For hunters, either a duck gun or a bird gun (or both). For the tactical persuasion, a short pump.

I couldn't have choosen a better list and I agree on having one just for fun. Mine is a Rossi M92 Lever action in 38/357.

1. An AK variant chambered for 7.62x39 the 5.45x39 is a waste of time
2. An AR-15 variant chambered for 5.56
2. A Rem 870
3. A 9mm Probably a glock 17 or 19, but thats just because the mags are so common
4. A .22 cal rifle
5. A Hunting rifle or tactical DMR in .308 or possibly a Saiga, Cetme or FN-FAL. (I'd go with the Saiga .308)ts

I'm not a pistol person persay, I say its your gun you go to when your primary weapon is out of ammo or has a malfunction.

1. Hi Standard Sport King 22 with removable barrel, one barrel should be suppressed, one barrel standard.
2. 12 Gauge pump, Winchester 97 or Chinese copy, short barrel, has external hammer a round can be in the chamber with hammer down, weapon system was a success in WWI and beyond.
3. 1911 in 45, or a Glock 22 in 40 with a conversion barrel for 9MM.
4. MBR M1A setup with low profile forward mount Vortex Spark, night vison, and scope.
5. Nothing else needed.
Look at 3 gun matches, if I had to pick one weapon, MBR M1A, next would be the Hi Standard, Shotgun next, I could use the 1911 or glock, or trade them for something useful.
A pistol would be the last choice for a defense weapon, a shotgun is probably the best out to 25 yards, the MBR with a short barrel covers any situation, not the best for anyone situation but the best overall.

#1 - 8" Colt Python for hunting
#2 - 6" Colt Python for neighborhood defense
#3 - 4" Colt Python for home defense
#4 - 2 1/2" Colt Python for pocket carry
#5 - Barrett .50 BMG for an antitank piece
Just trying to use some common ammo

1911 .45 ACP
686 Plus .357
Bolt action 22 rifle
.22 handgun (mine's an old Ruger Standard 22)
Good hunting rifle. If I have to pick, I pick 30-06.

1) 12ga remi 870 or mossy 500 series ( I got the remi)
2) a decent AR15 in 5.56 so you can shoot both .223/5.56 ( mine's a LWRC M6SL)
3) a quality 9mm handgun (glock or sig, I had a p226)
4) bolt action or semi .308
5) a 1911 (love my MC Operator)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews