JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has everyone been saying everyone should own fully automatic weapons? I missed that one i guess. Although i wouldn't mind owning one i suppose...:huh:

I am trying to reclaim the phrase "assault rifle" for our own purposes. It is a very good term that well defines an entire section of arms that we use for recreational purposes. It doesn't have to mean an automatic weapon. The SKS was never automatic, neither were certain versions of the FAL. Just one man's opinion. I suppose to satiate those of you who think that phrase is evil I should have said:

Hallelujah, Someone else who doesn't think everyone needs to own a semi-automatic version of popular military style rifles made by various high and low quality manufacturers.

That work better for you guys? Personally, I think assault rifles sounds better... :s0114:

I am trying to reclaim the phrase "assault rifle" for our own purposes. It is a very good term that well defines an entire section of arms that we use for recreational purposes. It doesn't have to mean an automatic weapon. The SKS was never automatic, neither were certain versions of the FAL. Just one man's opinion. I suppose to satiate those of you who think that phrase is evil I should have said:

Hallelujah, Someone else who doesn't think everyone needs to own a semi-automatic version of popular military style rifles made by various high and low quality manufacturers.

That work better for you guys? Personally, I think assault rifles sounds better... :s0114:

I have a problem with the term because it was phrase the gun-grabbers decided to use on a new class of weapons that are NOT assault weapons. It was a term they wanted to use to get Joe Public to believe our 'scary black' semi auto rifles that are evil and need to be banned before we assault someone with them. So yes it saddens me when I hear our own kind using the term for weapons that are NOT automatic and not assault weapons.
Assault weapons are and always have been fully automatic, not scary black rifles or 1911's that hold more rounds then the gun-grabbers think they should hold. And no, it is not taking the term back when you use it for firearms that are not assault weapons... I realize that is what you may be TRYING to do, but we really need to educate the masses, not go along with their misguided terminology....Soapbox rant over....:s0155:

I have a problem with the term because it was phrase the gun-grabbers decided to use on a new class of weapons that are NOT assault weapons. It was a term they wanted to use to get Joe Public to believe our 'scary black' semi auto rifles that are evil and need to be banned before we assault someone with them. So yes it saddens me when I hear our own kind using the term for weapons that are NOT automatic and not assault weapons.
Assault weapons are and always have been fully automatic, not scary black rifles or 1911's that hold more rounds then the gun-grabbers think they should hold. And no, it is not taking the term back when you use it for firearms that are not assault weapons... I realize that is what you may be TRYING to do, but we really need to educate the masses, not go along with their misguided terminology....Soapbox rant over....:s0155:

Fine, then find a better term to describe them than "scary black rifles." Assault rifles is a very useful term. That's the way it is. Words are just words. Its our actions that define us. That's it, I'm done before our disagreement gets this thread closed.

My list would be:

1. Carry Gun - Glock 27 (with 9mm conv barrel and 22lr conv kit for practice!)
2. Home Defense - Remington 870
3. Large Hand Gun - Glock 30 (Everyone needs a .45)
4. 22 Rifle - Ruger 10/22 (Had one since I was 12)
5. Large Caliber Scoped Hunting Rifle - Browning 30-06

Number 6 would be an AK, AR or Mini 14 type of rifle. I have the first five and am working on number six.

On a budget
Ruger P series in 9mm
Ruger mini 14
Mossy 500a
Savage 110 30-06
S&W 586

With more money
S&W M&P 45
Bushmaster AR15
Mossy 500a
Rem bolt in .308
TC with several barrels

I can go either way or both ways

1. a 22lr that you love for varments (ruger 10/22)
2. a pistel for personal defence (barretta 92fs)
3. a good hunting rifel in a ez to find cal (rem 760 30.06)
4. a shootgun for water fowl (rem 870 12 gage)
5. a f*** around shooting gun with cheap ammo (ak 47 ak 74 or sks)

No order:
-Remington 870, 12 Gauge
-LMT ar-15, 5.56
-Glock 22, 40SW
-Fal, 308
-Savage mkII, 22lr

List is comprised of good quality, reliable, simple, large range of calibers, popular ammo that's available.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top