JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see it this way, the mass majority of airline accidents are shortly after takeoff or during landing. Stingers are a short range shoulder fired IR missile with a maximum effective range of only 2 or 3 miles tops. So, that limits its use to the same times where a plane is most likely to crash anyway. You could feel totally comfortable and safe for 95% of your flight.

Besides, most airliners have wing mounted engines. A Stinger has a tiny warhead. You might still be able to land if the proximity fuse caused a detonation far enough out that the wing maintained some structural integrity.
I feel so much better now.o_O

I can f' your s' up without a stinger, and so can anyone else with a mind to, that's that point it's not the tool it is the will.
The question is: How do we identify and deal with the ones who have a mind to? Better yet, how do we change our society so that there are fewer people who develop "a mind to"? I know, I know. Only an ivory tower liberal would believe that it is possible to have complete security and a world without evil. I think it all comes back to parenting. We could start by eliminating government incentives for single motherhood and bad parenting (the welfare state). Eliminate leftist government indoctrination camps (public schools and universities). And create a new generation of citizens who respect God, country, and the sanctity of life.

The framers of the Consitution and Bill of Rights were highly intelligent and extremely well educated I believe they knew precisely what they wrote and meant it just as it reads.
Yes, please, let's hear what you consider "reasonable restrictions" and where you draw the line.
I apologize for not being clear, I was in a hurry and on my way out the door.

Ray
i don't claim to have all the answers but here is one that I can support. If we want to keep guns out of the hands of felons, mentally ill, and non US citizens we need to have some sort of universal background check. No loopholes, no exceptions. How that gets administered is another story. (Maybe have the NRA do it and/or privatize it)

For those that fear this will allow the government to register or know who has what firearms I say so what. I think it's about who we elect and what rights we choose to protect.

Its nobodies business what guns I own ....Since I am a law abiding US citizen and harming no one with any of the guns that I own....why should I register my right to a gun...or the guns I have...?

Why should the law abiding US citizen , be required to register , report or let the government have a say in what we can own...?
Maybe next I should register my church , and all my social media , reading material etc... as well....

Again stop going after the law abiding gun owner...How 'bout doing something to those who break laws already in place...?
Andy

From what I have read, you don't have any answers. We already have things like these in place, they are not entirely implemented. The Parkland shooting is a prime example of what should have been done, but was not. I, We, law abiders are the ones that take the brunt and it's BS. At what point do you think a majority of felons will start following the law? What "loopholes and exceptions" are you referring to? Please elaborate

ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS!

My thoughts, exactly...! :D

FranklinOn2ndAmend.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have exhausted my thoughts and talking points on this subject...plus to be honest , I am at about wits end with any more "reasonable restrictions"....I am excusing myself from this thread...
I will monitor , of course , but no longer reply ... as I am just repeating myself.

Please feel free to continue the discussion...but as always remember Rule Number One :
Be excellent to each other.
Thank you,
Andy

ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS!
^^^ This, do this one thing and you'll see a marked improvement...

Want further improvement, get metal health as well as criminal records updated into the NICS. Hold those locales that are not cooperating responsible... Make them financially and legally responsible if someone they should have reported goes on a rampage. When you make it financially painful, typically that's when responses are garnered.

Stop attacking the law abiding citizens who are simply trying to exercise their Constitutional and Civil Rights...

i don't claim to have all the answers but here is one that I can support. If we want to keep guns out of the hands of felons, mentally ill, and non US citizens we need to have some sort of universal background check. No loopholes, no exceptions. How that gets administered is another story. (Maybe have the NRA do it and/or privatize it)

For those that fear this will allow the government to register or know who has what firearms I say so what. I think it's about who we elect and what rights we choose to protect.
Registration of firearms has historically been the first step to confiscation by tyrannical governments. We cannot count on electing people who will respect our rights. Look at California. We already have the NICS background check system, but it is terribly flawed, like most government programs. Universal background checks require even private sales to go through NICS. Just another hassle and expense for law abiding gun owners that will do little or nothing to stop crime. Criminals get 83% of their firearms by stealing them or buying them on the black market. Background checks will not stop that, any more than drug laws have stopped drug use. The real problem is twofold in my opinion. One is the moral sickness of our society. There are no laws that can fix that. The second problem is the false belief that we can ever have complete security and freedom from the acts of evil people. Humans are flawed and always will be. As long as evil exists I demand the right to protect myself and my loved ones with the best means available. To me that means a good 9mm pistol and an AR15. To deprive me of those tools is to increase the risk of harm to myself and my family, and I will not stand for it!

Alas fellas, we're at a time and place on this great land that was warned of by Our founders, they may never have envisioned the challenges we face today, but they tried so very hard to leave us the tools to stand up and hold whay we have, and secure it! Let' look at the map here! We have politicians who want to remove the guns from every one, even knowing the tangos will never give them up, it' still a YUGE number of guns, and the street supply will drastically deminish. We have a few megalomaniac billionares with dreams of ultimate power and control who need to remove all resistence to their conquests, and We the People are the greatest threat, not the tangos with guns. We have Sheeple who fall for the propaganda and are fully in lock step with the goose stepping jackbooted thugs in gov'ment who would trample our rights for the sake of power and control! All are operating under the dulistional view that we will go quietly into that good night, thay with the power of the sheeple United against us, they can take every thing their hearts desire! We stand at a cross roads, we fight today to denie them power, or we fight tomorrow to take back power that was stolen from us. They can rant and rave all they want, it all comes down to the choices WE make. It's no longer about the IF or the could, it' now about the WHEN!
Stay frosty, and keel your powder dry!

Registration of firearms has historically been the first step to confiscation by tyrannical governments. We cannot count on electing people who will respect our rights. Look at California. We already have the NICS background check system, but it is terribly flawed, like most government programs. Universal background checks require even private sales to go through NICS. Just another hassle and expense for law abiding gun owners that will do little or nothing to stop crime. Criminals get 83% of their firearms by stealing them or buying them on the black market. Background checks will not stop that, any more than drug laws have stopped drug use. The real problem is twofold in my opinion. One is the moral sickness of our society. There are no laws that can fix that. The second problem is the false belief that we can ever have complete security and freedom from the acts of evil people. Humans are flawed and always will be. As long as evil exists I demand the right to protect myself and my loved ones with the best means available. To me that means a good 9mm pistol and an AR15. To deprive me of those tools is to increase the risk of harm to myself and my family, and I will not stand for it!
Great post.

Hmmm, I guess we totally disagree on what "reasonable" is..........., as I don't find it "reasonable" to punish/penalize/burden those who've done nothing wrong/committed no crime (the vast majority of gun owners) for the acts of a relatively small amount of others who have (felons, mentally ill, and non US citizens). I personally believe that if someone is too much of a danger to society to own a firearm, then they shouldn't be among those of us who are not, as there are other ways to kill without using a firearm.

You may not care about registering your firearms with the govt., but I bet these people have a different opinion........
Prominent California Farmer Attempts to Comply with Law and is Arrested
Sloppy Gun Laws Confuse Owners, Law Enforcement

Ray

Hmmm, I guess we totally disagree on what "reasonable" is..........., as I don't find it "reasonable" to punish/penalize/burden those who've done nothing wrong/committed no crime (the vast majority of gun owners) for the acts of a relatively small amount of others who have (felons, mentally ill, and non US citizens). I personally believe that if someone is too much of a danger to society to own a firearm, then they shouldn't be among those of us who are not, as there are other ways to kill without using a firearm.

You may not care about registering your firearms with the govt., but I bet these people have a different opinion........
Prominent California Farmer Attempts to Comply with Law and is Arrested
Sloppy Gun Laws Confuse Owners, Law Enforcement

Ray
So how do you keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people? Hope it works out? Allowing random shootings to continue? I understand that you/we want to keep our personal freedoms. However, I believe that if our society continues down the path we are on we will continue to see more and more of the random violence that plagues our society. Most people don't have the stomach to allow that to continue.

The strategy of "its my personal right" so I shouldn't have to do anything isn't working. The problem is complex. Our country continues to get divided. Compromise is the foundation of any society. Not willing to compromise? Then don't ask the other side to listen or respect your position.

A way to keep it out of the hands of criminals? Realistically, nothing. A vast majority of murders involving firearms are drug/gang related and they get their guns illegally. A vast majority of the guns used in murders are also handguns.

In the U.S, banning things never worked out too well and only gave power to criminal organizations.

Mass shootings has a solution, but it involves getting the media to stop sensationalizing the shooters by showing their face and name all over which turns them into folk heroes for the insane. It gives incentive for other wackos to do the same act.

A look into SSRI drugs, feminizing boys and pressures of social media etc might be a good place to start.

Guns aren't new but this style of horrendous acts are relatively so. Something that we have been doing in the last 20 years has brought this kind of mentality.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top