JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how do you keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people? Hope it works out? Allowing random shootings to continue? I understand that you/we want to keep our personal freedoms. However, I believe that if our society continues down the path we are on we will continue to see more and more of the random violence that plagues our society. Most people don't have the stomach to allow that to continue.

The strategy of "its my personal right" so I shouldn't have to do anything isn't working. The problem is complex. Our country continues to get divided. Compromise is the foundation of any society. Not willing to compromise? Then don't ask the other side to listen or respect your position.

To answer to your question about keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people: Don't let dangerous people out on the street: lock them up. The vast majority of citizens are not dangerous, it's that tiny minority that are dangerous and causing the problems, so let's keep them away from the rest of us.

I already know what you're going to ask, so let me respond:

Conducting a background check for every firearm purchase will only catch known dangerous people, so if they're known to be dangerous, they should be put somewhere that they cannot harm others. If they are not known dangerous people, a background check won't do anything to stop them from getting guns. A few examples: Parkland, Sutherland Springs, Las Vegas, Charleston, San Bernardino, Newtown, Ft. Hood, Washington Navy Yard, Aurora, Tuscon, Virginia Tech, etc., (Yes, some of those villains should have been caught by BGC, the system failed there, but had they been locked up the minute that they were deemed dangerous, they wouldn't have been able to commit those heinous acts).

A couple of questions for you on the anti's favorite word: "compromise":

What is the other side willing to give us in return for this so-called "compromise"?
Or are you advocating a "compromise" for us to give up rights and/or freedoms without receiving anything in return?
Which technically isn't a "compromise"..........

I think we've been "compromised" enough with:
  • The National Firearms Act
  • The Federal Firearms Act of 1938
  • The Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968
  • The Gun Control Act of 1968
  • The Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act
  • The Undetectable Firearms Act
  • The Gun-Free School Zones Act
  • The Federal Assault Weapons Ban

It's time for them to give us something, as all they do is take, take, take.

Ray

To answer to your question about keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people: Don't let dangerous people out on the street: lock them up. The vast majority of citizens are not dangerous, it's that tiny minority that are dangerous and causing the problems, so let's keep them away from the rest of us.

Conducting a background check for every firearm purchase will only catch known dangerous people, so if they're known to be dangerous, they should be put somewhere that they cannot harm others. If they are not known dangerous people, a background check won't do anything to stop them from getting guns. A few examples: Parkland, Sutherland Springs, Las Vegas, Charleston, San Bernardino, Newtown, Ft. Hood, Washington Navy Yard, Aurora, Tuscon, Virginia Tech, etc., (Yes, some of those villains should have been caught by BGC, the system failed there, but had they been locked up the minute that they were deemed dangerous, they wouldn't have been able to commit those heinous acts).

What is the other side willing to give us in return for this so-called "compromise"?
Or are you advocating a "compromise" for us to give up rights and/or freedoms without receiving anything in return?

Ray
AS always Ray, nailed it! I' afraid compromise is a one way street to full ban and confiscation ( which is the whole idea any way) so to take any thing back, and I do mean TAKE BACK it will have to be by force, a difficult pill to swallow, so that leaves us right here, at the edge of the abis looking down the barrel of I.p. 43 and 44, the most fragrant infringement ever to make it this far, and if it passes, we become instant felons 90 days later! While I'm not looking forward to that day, I'm prepared for it none the less!
This discussion should shift to that end, what do we do after we become felons, because at that point a BGC and any other so called "Compromise" becomes moot! Knuckle up folks, time to be doing patriot stuff!

Last Edited:

Ray
We should absolutely get something in return. That might be a topic for another post but I'd like a reciprocal concealed carry program. If I'm good in one state I should be good in all states. I'd trade background checks for that.

72 posts and 13 likes........your ideas are not popular or well thought of here.......I am sure there is a forum that would be more receptive to your ideas.
Is this a place where you have to agree with the group or you should go elsewhere? I really don't care if you don't like my ideas. If you can't challenge each other's ideas what the point of this forum. Iron sharpens iron.

Then get rid of the 26th Amendment. If you're not an adult you shouldn't be voting.

Get rid of other amendments then while at it.
18 is not adult. Adult dies not equal voting. States get to set their age limits for lots of things. This is normal and you need to get past it. If you want to repeal the 26th amendment it works the way it would to repeal the 2nd.

While you're wanking over shall not be infringed we're going to get trampled

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads