JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't bother with steel cased. Get good boxer-primed brass, and pick up your brass when you are done. Once-fired boxer brass is well worth the little extra you paid for it, even if you don't reload at the moment. In a couple of years, you might...

I don't buy it by the case. I pick up a few boxes at a time when Bimart or Fishermans has it on sale. Pay cash and save the credit card. You can build up a good stash over time this way without your wallet feeling any pain.
PS. When in BiMart Sunday the clerk told me they will have bricks of 22 on sale for black friday. Might expect to see some 223/5.56 also?

th?&id=OIP.M9958c0a11c9706861ef7c01a70b0e058o0&w=300&h=168&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

I got a free watch. lol
It was funny because the included instructions said "Pull stem and time will start." hot diggity!

th?&id=OIP.M50df0c71d1f3ca6ededf35207366d439o0&w=182&h=243&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Lately I've seen good prices for 5.56/223 at Brownell's and PSA with prices starting to creep down slowly at CTD. As most have stated, stick with brass and known names (always good to read the reviews). YMMV.

One trick I use for my 308 ammo is to buy it on Cabelas.com when it's on sale and I get one of those savings coupons in the mail. I have it shipped to the local store. Shipping is free and they will hold it at the store for up to a month so I'll usually stack up a few orders and drive over and pick it up. It beats trying to find it on the shelf when a sale is going since my luck usually sucks.

If you want to stay local, NW Ammo & Supply has reman .223 from Rogue Defense. I have been picking up 500 round ammo cans for $159 but they sometimes run specials. They usually have decent prices on Wolf also.

With the black Friday sales coming up, check the Cabelas and Bi-Mart ads.

Given the popularity of on line ammo buying these days, my ideas on the subject may seem old fashioned! That's ok, so am I!
I prefer to walk into a Gun Show and buy my ammo and leave. No paper trail! It's not the guberment's business how much I have, shoot, store.

Lately I've seen good prices for 5.56/223 at Brownell's and PSA with prices starting to creep down slowly at CTD. As most have stated, stick with brass and known names (always good to read the reviews). YMMV.

One trick I use for my 308 ammo is to buy it on Cabelas.com when it's on sale and I get one of those savings coupons in the mail. I have it shipped to the local store. Shipping is free and they will hold it at the store for up to a month so I'll usually stack up a few orders and drive over and pick it up. It beats trying to find it on the shelf when a sale is going since my luck usually sucks.

That's a good way to go with Cabelas! I'm not going deep into a long story, but I went to the store to get an item from their sale flyer. No got! And the old fellow helping me let it slip that they had only shipped one to the store! Gosh! I wonder why they never have sale items in stock!?!? :mad:

That said they have a wide selection of ammo, and something is always on sale. I picked a couple of boxes of Sig Sauer defensive rounds at $4.00 off per box, last week. I just never chase advertised specials there!

That's a good way to go with Cabelas! I'm not going deep into a long story, but I went to the store to get an item from their sale flyer. No got! And the old fellow helping me let it slip that they had only shipped one to the store! Gosh! I wonder why they never have sale items in stock!?!? :mad:

That said they have a wide selection of ammo, and something is always on sale. I picked a couple of boxes of Sig Sauer defensive rounds at $4.00 off per box, last week. I just never chase advertised specials there!
You can check to see if a particular store has something in stock but not sure if it's always accurate. Don't hesitate to ask someone if they have more in the back.

Yes - ordering online for store delivery is a good idea. Make sure you're not getting charged for shipping.

I was going to post this in the Ammo/Reloading section but it seems like that is mostly about reloading so I figured I would get a better response here.

last year I bought a Ruger Mini 14 Tactical, it is my first semi auto rifle other than a 10/22.

I know what good prices are on 45 acp, 22, 357, 38, and 30-30 but I have never paid any attention to prices on .223/5.56 as I have never had one.

I have not even shot my Mini 14 yet.:( I want to start stocking up on 2.23/5.56 and I just want to make sure I don't get screwed. This time of year they always have tons of sales on ammo and I am hoping I can find some good Black Friday deals.

Right now Bi Mart has a Federal 100 pack of .223 boat tail for $34.97. Is that a good price?
Don't know if this is a ligit thing to do but I am in Albany have 223/5.56 500rnds on ammo can $165.00 :)

Don't know if this is a ligit thing to do but I am in Albany have 223/5.56 500rnds on ammo can $165.00 :)

Thanks for the offer, that sounds like a good deal but I can't put that much out for Ammo right now with the holidays coming up. I am just trying to get a pack here and there when I can afford it.

I am sure if you post it in the ammo classified it will sell quick!

Thanks for the offer, that sounds like a good deal but I can't put that much out for Ammo right now with the holidays coming up. I am just trying to get a pack here and there when I can afford it.

I am sure if you post it in the ammo classified it will sell quick!
So you're looking for 20 rnd sticks? and have never shot that gun that you've owned for..
right

So you're looking for 20 rnd sticks? and have never shot that gun that you've owned for..
right

What the hell is your problem? Sorry that I don't have the money to buy a ton of ammo in bulk like most do and go out shooting every weekend. I am sorry that had just moved when I bought the gun and have been remodeling a house for the past year and a half! I will make sure I go out and shoot it asap just to make you happy!

What the hell is your problem? Sorry that I don't have the money to buy a ton of ammo in bulk like most do and go out shooting every weekend. I am sorry that had just moved when I bought the gun and have been remodeling a house for the past year and a half! I will make sure I go out and shoot it asap just to make you happy!
Ammo costs what it costs. Maybe in another couple years you'll send one down the pipe.
Fingers crossed!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top