JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of great service this morning after I fed the the fur alarms and the chickens my e-mail had another ad from Sam. Some 9mm in ammo cans again. Figured why not, never seem to have "too much" so ordered a couple. Always have use for another couple ammo cans. Just now got an e-mail that the stuff was packed up and waiting for UPS. Damn that is service! :D

I have to guess this was either a poor case of Trolling or someone talking about how the price shot up when no one had ammo. When 9mm ammo was going for a buck a round a lot of people could not be convinced the people selling it were paying that much more to get it too. In their mind places like SG were still getting it at the old price and selling it for what the market would allow. Anyone who has worked in this kind of area knows that's not how it works but many refuse to hear it. This was mostly people who again ignored the warnings and waiting till ammo was gone. So then they have to blame everyone else for "ripping them off". :s0092:
Go on to WikiArms, or any other similar website where you can compare ammo prices from thousands of websites. A cursory glance of SGAmmo's prices on the most popular calibers, compared to other websites will show you that Sam's prices are on average around 6+ cents per round more (sometimes even 10 cents more), than everyone else. His cheapest 7.62x39 in stock is re-manufactured surplus that has corrosive primers and it's priced at 37 cents a round. I can find new steel cased 7.62 with non corrosive primers for 32-35 cents a round all day. This is just one example. I bought exclusively from SGAmmo for like a decade straight, until he got out of touch with his pricing. You are getting "ripped off" if you're not checking his prices against other sellers.

Just checked them out, prices look good, free shipping and they even have .357

Thanks for the tip đź‘Ť
52 cents a round w/ free shipping

70 cents a round at SGAmmo w/ free shipping

SGAmmo is a joke

Just checked them out, prices look good, free shipping and they even have .357

Thanks for the tip đź‘Ť

always have loved SG, the shipping being free really pays off if you follow his sales. has good surplus deals too from time to time. i think there is some empty yugo ammo wood boxes on there i might grab for bulk ammo storage. they just look cool at 50 or 60 yrs old..
The free shipping, on small or large orders, is fantastic!
Many times, the added cost of shipping & hazmat is a deal breaker for me.
Right now, they have 147gr 9mm CCI/Blazer brass for $269.80/1K shipping free. How do ya beat that! 147gr is very hard to find.
And the shipping is surprisingly fast!

Had UPS deliver case of x39 from Velocity to my neighbor last spring, He came over with it "are you buying marbles mail order?" Good thing I stay always stay friendly with my neighbors. Sad thing is, I know all the usual UPS drivers, must have been a sub or newbie. Would have really sucked losing 1000 rds of AK food.

SGa has always been good to me, Bone Frog Gun Club had what I needed in 556 when nobody else did. Norma has been great the past couple years as well.
UPS done that to me also.
UPS once delivered an expensive scope to my front door complete with picture to prove delivery, of an opened and empty box - no scope.

SGAmmo has been one of my main go-to ammo sources for years. Very good company.
I also used to like TargetSportsUSA, a previous favorite of mine until they deployed their membership scam, jacking up their prices and selling their membership fees to make you pay extra to get the previous lower regular prices. Don't fall for it.
My new favorite is VelocityAmmoSales. Good deals with free shipping, but smaller selection than SGAmmo.
Buds Guns tried that on me a while back, the membership thing. It cost them the sell.

I've had good luck with SGAMMO and bought more ammo from them than anywhere else. Not so much the last 1.5 years as their prices were a little higher than other online dealers. I'll still buy from them again and I've seen a few decent prices lately. Not the cheapest, but they still offer some good deals.
Yea, you gotta watch for the deals.

A week ago, I bought some 9mm for $259, it is currently $299.

Supply & demand.

Yea, you gotta watch for the deals.

A week ago, I bought some 9mm for $259, it is currently $299.

Supply & demand.
Stuff I just bought this morning was $280 for a case of S&B in two ammo cans. $139.90 per 500 so ordered two to get free ship. The cans come in handy for all kinds of stuff. I am still shooting up stuff I paid $8 a box for but the operative word here is shooting it up. So still top off the supply now and then. Doubt I will ever see the $8 a box again sadly.

Looks like we should all be checking prices before we assume one place is the best.
Of course, that is one of the best parts of having net access. Takes seconds to compare stuff you want to buy. The only places I tend to ignore are places that will not tell me what the total cost is unless I place and order. I don't care if they keep shipping separate but I want to see what it is up front. When they try to hide it first thing I think is they are doing it for a reason.

The free shipping, on small or large orders, is fantastic!
Many times, the added cost of shipping & hazmat is a deal breaker for me.
Right now, they have 147gr 9mm CCI/Blazer brass for $269.80/1K shipping free. How do ya beat that! 147gr is very hard to find.
And the shipping is surprisingly fast!
That's no joke.

Stuff I just bought this morning was $280 for a case of S&B in two ammo cans. $139.90 per 500 so ordered two to get free ship. The cans come in handy for all kinds of stuff. I am still shooting up stuff I paid $8 a box for but the operative word here is shooting it up. So still top off the supply now and then. Doubt I will ever see the $8 a box again sadly.
The ammo cans protect during shipping. I don't like it when my bullets arrive in a hammered box.

Of course, that is one of the best parts of having net access. Takes seconds to compare stuff you want to buy. The only places I tend to ignore are places that will not tell me what the total cost is unless I place and order. I don't care if they keep shipping separate but I want to see what it is up front. When they try to hide it first thing I think is they are doing it for a reason.
I don't like that either. Things like "add to cart to see price".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top