JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
48460641-4318-4DCB-9EFE-517FC82DC007.jpeg

What's the most times anyone here was stung in a single sitting? A couple times I had 30-40 yellow jacket stings when stumbling on a big nest. One time they chased
me for about 1/4 mile before giving up.

Well, It just seems like very apocalyptic times.. Now, they have reports that the notorious Giant Asian Hornets that have enough venom to kill a human with a few stings are now on the loose in Washington state. These hornets pose both a threat to human life and the European honeybee population that has no defense against these hornets. What the hell is going on with the world? From killer tornadoes all over the country to killer hornets to economic collapse and Chinese bat flus we got some problems.

I have a serious phobia of hornets and this will just bring terror to me.. I remember whacking a nest of hornets that was outside my garage's gutter drain mowing the lawn one day when I was living in Charlotte, NC. THey came out and were real pissed swarming all around me and I screamed like a child and made a run for it. Those North Carolina hornets were big and these ones are like 2-3 times as big as those! I cannot believe these damn things managed to come to USA. Anyone think there may be some ulterior motives and genetic fiddling from our Chinese friends to bring these scary flying monsters to our country?

Just in case anyone needs a reference to how big and scary these things are , here is a look.. I just pray these damn things don't make it down to Tennessee!!

Killer+wasp+im+out_594e38_4525609.jpg
I hope I can return the four cases of bee killer spray for a full refund: Bug experts dismiss worry about U.S. 'murder hornets' as hype

There's Africanized "killer" bees in Arizona. Never ran into any but they were around. There's always something deadly in nature that can kill people. Just pay attention. Pretty sure you'll see one of these hornets buzzing around >:0

This moth, IF it is the same, exact moth and it sounds like it is, destroyed many of my evergreen trees quickly where I used to live. My late husband and I bought a special spray at our local farm store but it was too late. The damage was done. This was many, many years ago.

I could not believe my own eyes on the defoliated rows of evergreen trees (Various pines and spruces that I planted.) from when I left for work and came home from work in one single day! Holy moly!

It wiped out several well known nurseries in the Great Lakes region, throughout New England and in the Mid-Atlantic region. Landscaping around homes, around businesses and parts of forests were destroyed with defoliation. Evergreens mixed in with hardwood forests too.

When we went to Cape Cod (MA) and Maine that one specific year the trees were so FULL of that creepy webbing that it looked like a scene out of a black and white 'ghost movie' from the 40's and 50's. They literally HUNG from trees on our travels and even in tiny villages where nursery workers and village people were cutting down trees.

It did do a LOT of crop damage, nursery stock damage, etc.

Our defoliated trees NEVER CAME BACK no matter how much I tried to save them. We dug them up and BURNED THEM. Our Volunteer FD/EMT Department which my late husband was a member of since he was 18 years old, before and after his military time, came out to our place while we had a huge burn on our one acre of land. One side of our property. He drove one fire truck and the other big tanker truck came out as a back up. Other people had big burns. They took destroyed trees out from the villages to some farmers land where they had permission to burn them up. Many farmers helped out even if they were not firemen.

I believe that this same moth was mentioned in our MT news last year and people were already complaining about the damage that was done on TOP of the beetle and FOREST FIRE damage too. There are several beetle issues - mountain pine beetle, bark beetle, spruce beetle, etc.

IT is a serious issue and a very expensive issue to DEAL with.

I was heartsick over my lost trees years ago and I am DEAD serious when I say this now.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top