JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THey came out and were real pissed swarming all around me and I screamed like a child and made a run for it.

This has been me, a couple of times. When I've stumbled across a ground nest of yellow jackets. They ain't too happy when you cave in their stuff. One time, I was watering. I had the hose with me, the yellow jackets came out in strength and got on me. My first thought was, wash them off with water. Doesn't work, they cling. I had half a dozen big welts from that experience.

What're these big hornets, the latest entomological warfare agent from China? Wouldn't put it past them. Fidel Castro has claimed that the US used insects against Cuba, such as thrips turned loose on sugar cane, fungus introduced on crops, etc. Don't say it couldn't happen, same institution that dropped Agent Orange on friend and foe.

This has been me, a couple of times. When I've stumbled across a ground nest of yellow jackets. They ain't too happy when you cave in their stuff. One time, I was watering. I had the hose with me, the yellow jackets came out in strength and got on me. My first thought was, wash them off with water. Doesn't work, they cling. I had half a dozen big welts from that experience.

What're these big hornets, the latest entomological warfare agent from China? Wouldn't put it past them. Fidel Castro has claimed that the US used insects against Cuba, such as thrips turned loose on sugar cane, fungus introduced on crops, etc. Don't say it couldn't happen, same institution that dropped Agent Orange on friend and foe.

Gmerkt, that is horrifying! Sorry to hear you got eaten alive by yellowjackets. THey were the nastiest buggers we had to deal with on a daily basis in this country right up until the arrival of our new species, The Giant Asian Killer Hornet. Here in Tennessee we do have dreadful Brown Recluse (which actually doesn't look so scary) , but they don't seem to be a huge menace. Although, I had one nesting behind my bed and crawled underneath my feet at an AirBnb I was staying in the countryside around here.

One thing I have to say is that hornets are much less aggressive than yellow jackets over all. The yellow jackets we had in Idaho were monsters as well and they love swarming all over your face and God save you if you are eating a roast beef sandwich around them..They were those German Yellowjackets and were like 1.25" .. The problem with hornets is they make their damn nests everywhere and are very resourceful . And, even though they won't just randomly attack you for fun like Yellowjackets do, they will unleash the fury of hell on you if you get near their nests. In North Carolina those damn things would construct huge nest colonies all over your house within a week. If you didn't keep killing them they would take over your whole house.

Yeah, I cannot discredit that this could be the result of entomological warfare. I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government.. Who knows, maybe this new breed of Giant Asian Killer Hornets is the result of genetic modification and breeding in the Wuhan laboratory o_O. Super Killer Hornets specifically designed to wipe out the American honeybee population and many American people with it.. :confused:

This has been me, a couple of times. When I've stumbled across a ground nest of yellow jackets. They ain't too happy when you cave in their stuff...
Yeah, they don't like that at all. I was running the mini-excavator that has an open cab located at the left front of the machine near the the front of the left track.

I was working along clearing out some over-grown parts of the field when I re-positioned and I as I slowly drove forward I heard the crunch and knew immediately what happened. I'm not a youngster anymore but I bailed off of that machine as fast as could and ran (ok, limped at a fast pace) away from the machine but it was too late.

They were on me in an instant. I was wearing rain gear lower pants with the suspenders and just a t-shirt under that. A number of them found their way into/under the back of the rain gear and got them selves trapped in there with nothing else to do but pepper my back with stings through my shirt.

I made some distance between me and the crushed nest then fell to the ground and tried rolling around on my back to hopefully crush some of them. Then got the rain pants off, took my shirt off sat down against a tree to assess the situation. That's when I realized I had not shut the excavator off and of course there were all sorts of mad wasps flying around the machine.

park one of these in yer back yard and your all set.

1920px-12.8_cm_Flakzwilling_40_1.jpg

They were on me in an instant. I was wearing rain gear lower pants with the suspenders and just a t-shirt under that. A number of them found their way into/under the back of the rain gear and got them selves trapped in there with nothing else to do but pepper my back with stings through my shirt.

I made some distance between me and the crushed nest then fell to the ground and tried rolling around on my back to hopefully crush some of them. Then got the rain pants off, took my shirt off sat down against a tree to assess the situation. That's when I realized I had not shut the excavator off and of course there were all sorts of mad wasps flying around the machine.

I can fully see the picture in my mind without having been there. Those SOB's ain't like bees, one sting and they're done. They just keep on stinging. Oh and you found out they don't crush easy either. I hope this was getting on for sundown. Because that's when they finally start to settle down. Did the machine run out of fuel before it got dark?

Well, for those who feel anguished, I wanted to brighten up your day with a little revenge video. Turns out our friend the praying mantis likes to gives these murder hornets a taste of their own medicine.. how does if feel being someone else's lunch?

Well, for those who feel anguished, I wanted to brighten up your day with a little revenge video. Turns out our friend the praying mantis likes to gives these murder hornets a taste of their own medicine.. how does if feel being someone else's lunch?

"Om nom nom nom"

I didnt watch it but there is a new video out there showing a murder hornet killing a mouse, and there is news about asian bees having a strategy for killing murder hornets.
Japanese honey bees video:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR