JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Subject speaks for itself - Article can be found here.

I think we need a new slogan for upcoming elections: "Get out and Vote!!! - Vote ALL incumbents OUT!!!"
You don't like Oregon political climate, quit voting for the same a$$holes. If we vote every incumbent out for the next 3-4 elections (both local and national), maybe they'll get the hint we're fed up of their bullbubblegum.

Also - Congress retirement plan gets changed to Social Security and medicare at 67 - just like everyone else. Bet that would fix the social security and medcare problems in no time.

I think we need a new slogan for upcoming elections: "Get out and Vote!!! - Vote ALL incumbents OUT!!!"
You don't like Oregon political climate, quit voting for the same a$$holes. If we vote every incumbent out for the next 3-4 elections (both local and national), maybe they'll get the hint we're fed up of their bullbubblegum.

Also - Congress retirement plan gets changed to Social Security and medicare at 67 - just like everyone else. Bet that would fix the social security and medcare problems in no time.
Um. "They found Oregon lags in all categories leading to bad public confidence and poor public perception, but if you want to see bad public confidence and poor public perception, check out a KAGO News post online."

With not even a link to the study or the sources... just lists them?

Here

This is the study referenced

Apparently Oregon is #4, not #1. That is Vermont.
I would bet the data are skewed by the the large number of phony "police brutality" lawsuits in the Portland Metro area, particularly those prosecutions resulting from the riots during the "summer of love."

I would bet the data are skewed by the the large number of phony "police brutality" lawsuits in the Portland Metro area, particularly those prosecutions resulting from the riots during the "summer of love."
I don't see any metric related to "police brutality reports" in the study
. Though.. the "SWAMP Index" is weird because it says "CA" and "DC" each is strongly "ethical" with "strong anti-corruption laws for public officials" :s0140:

The data is most assuredly skewed for public corruption convictions because its based on # per 10,000 residents. NY has a population of just under 20 million, so 19.4 million residents. 11 convictions per 10,000. 19.4 million divided by 10,000 gets me 1,940 as the number to multiply by 11 and we get 21,340 convictions; as in convicted in Federal court by DOJ.

I don't see any metric related to "police brutality reports" in the study
"To find out where corruption is the biggest problem in America, we used data from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to determine the number of public corruption convictions per 10,000 residents in all 50 states. The data accounts for "violations of federal law in bribery, extortion, police brutality, theft of government property, and other cases involving breach of the public trust," according to the DOJ."

"To find out where corruption is the biggest problem in America, we used data from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to determine the number of public corruption convictions per 10,000 residents in all 50 states. The data accounts for "violations of federal law in bribery, extortion, police brutality, theft of government property, and other cases involving breach of the public trust," according to the DOJ."
"
Notes:
- Convictions = Ranking of number of public officials convicted of corruption in federal court. Note that this does not include corrupt officials who were not caught or whose corruption was not a federal crime.
- Convictions Per Capita = Adjusts the number of convictions to account for differences in population between states."

The link above is the one that followed "public corruption convictions" in the study is a site that refers to the same exact study :rolleyes: and not to any official DOJ site. Even the link for DOJ leads to https://www.justice.gov/criminal/criminal-pin

Which only states what they do and doesnt provide any statistics studies.

Edit.

I am reminded of that book "how to make statistics lie for you" :s0140:

Any study that doesn't put NY, CA, Illinois, DC as the most corrupt places in the US is quite.. suspect to me.

Any assertion that strong Constitutionalist/liberty leaning States are more corrupt or have weaker(weakest) "anti-corruption" laws or ethics panels or some such... is also suspect to me.

"
Notes:
- Convictions = Ranking of number of public officials convicted of corruption in federal court. Note that this does not include corrupt officials who were not caught or whose corruption was not a federal crime.
- Convictions Per Capita = Adjusts the number of convictions to account for differences in population between states."

The link above is the one that followed "public corruption convictions" in the study is a site that refers to the same exact study :rolleyes: and not to any official DOJ site. Even the link for DOJ leads to https://www.justice.gov/criminal/criminal-pin

Which only states what they do and doesnt provide any statistics studies.

Edit.

I am reminded of that book "how to make statistics lie for you" :s0140:
I can't find any clear trends in how their metrics work. OR, AZ and WA, which are in the top 10, appear to have a large number of adverse action reports in relation to the other categories. But Vermont and Utah, which are #1and 2, respectively, have relatively low numbers across the board. I think their algorithm is BS.

I can't find any clear trends in how their metrics work. OR, AZ and WA, which are in the top 10, appear to have a large number of adverse action reports in relation to the other categories. But Vermont and Utah, which are #1and 2, respectively, have relatively low numbers across the board. I think their algorithm is BS.
Agreed that how they figured things is BS

Who knows if OR really is top in this or not. One common theme is when you get a heavy blue lean you often seem to find a LOT of corruption. Probably because they tend to circle the wagons on their own where as the other side often can't wait to toss them under the bus. The OP is correct though. Law makers only fear one thing, losing that job. Look how much money they spend to get and keep it. As for national if their retirement was SS? Now that would be fun to watch. Remember when they voted in Obama Care the first thing they did was exempt themselves from it.

Imagine my surprised face.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads