JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to tell bro. Could you maybe pick it up next time and get a closer picture? Just cup it gently in your hands, it won't mind :)

Just like that mean as hell drunk yellow jacket that I accidentally pulled off some over ripe fermented blueberry bush I was picking from.
My hand swelled up like a catchers mitt.

WTH/F

"The Washington State Department of Agriculture said an entomologist used dental floss to tie a tracking device on a female hornet, only to lose signs of her when she went into a forest. "

"The Washington State Department of Agriculture said an entomologist used dental floss to tie a tracking device on a female hornet, only to lose signs of her when she went into a forest. "
Great, just what we needed: murder hornets now armed with advanced dental care technology. Thanks Washington state.

WTH/F

More wasted tax money. Some day I will tell the story of the "almost poached" calf elk we found opening morning a few years back.

How bout this dude?
View attachment 760668
Might zoom in to see it better! Never seen one of these before!

I did a google search on this image and have identified the species. It's a freshwater crab. Weird, but I'm sure there's a lot of things about nature that we still don't understand.

Capture.JPG

Screw the flying crabs
Get a load of this! The Coconut crab
Coming out with the garbage on a bleary morning and seeing this could cure your constipation...
1603182565363.png

Seriously however and while not a hornet I had a friend who was bitten by a black widow and went into immediate anaphylactic shock.

He said the pain was immediate all over his body, he began to have problems breathing and had to be rushed to the hospital and spent a couple days in it after receiving antivenom to counterattack the effects.

Nah, just made me hungry. Are they good eating? I mean if you don't feed them garbage? :)
NO! Having seen them in the wilds, nobody wanted anything to do with them, I guess they are super tough and chewy, in a pinch, they might fill the gut, but don't expect to like it! Fortunately, they are also very SLOW, so you don't have to worry about getting ambushed by them unless you fall asleep on the beach and one decides to check you out!

NO! Having seen them in the wilds, nobody wanted anything to do with them, I guess they are super tough and chewy, in a pinch, they might fill the gut, but don't expect to like it! Fortunately, they are also very SLOW, so you don't have to worry about getting ambushed by them unless you fall asleep on the beach and one decides to check you out!
I found some recipes for coconut crab but it's just regular crab in coconut sauce. And there are no shrimps the size of coconuts either. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top