JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a huge fan of dry fire practice as is my wife as I don't have to buy ammo. Well I was practicing mag changes for fun and I learned the hard way, WEAR SHOES!! Dropping an empty aluminum mag on your toe F-ing hurts. Learn from my mistakes. Any funny stories about small injuries when doing something seemingly not dangerous?

Either my feet are much shorter than yours, or I hold the pistol further out while reloading. Either way, I don't like having my mags drop on the floor unnecessarily so I put a pillow on the ground for them to fall on.

I opened my safe a while back and one of my more violent firearms jumped out and got me in the foot. Nice little black and blue mark. Oddly enough it was a 308 hunting rifle I hadn't got into the standoffs and not an AR.:confused: Be careful out there.:D

I drop a .38 Special Cartridge on the concrete and it discharged. The Bullet flew up and struck the overhead, the Casing disintegreted and the Very, Very, VERY small pieces penetrated my fatigued pants but did no damage, I have no idea what happened to the Primer. I recovered the Bullet drilled a hole in it and put it n my Dog Tag Chain for a couple of years. When I came back from Vietnam the box never made it Home. Lots of other things were in that box, including my address book and many pictures I had taken and other trinkets from my time In Country.

I wasn't a happy Camper.

One winter, while zipping bare footed across the garage to the tool bench, I knocked over my, "Beer Can Mortar Tube.":eek:
Ya know they can't do anything for a broken toe except say, "Yep, ya broke it." :(

I had just gotten a docooler ms4 ripoff sling and was trying it out.
I learned 2 things at the same time..
Buy original stuff and wear shoes.

The QD mount sling swivel is smaller than norm and it popped out of the socket with the muzzle pointed at the top of my foot.
Had a nice purple circle about the size of an A2 flash hider on the top of my foot for about a week. :oops:

Either my feet are much shorter than yours, or I hold the pistol further out while reloading. Either way, I don't like having my mags drop on the floor unnecessarily so I put a pillow on the ground for them to fall on.
I do have large feet (13s) and I was bringing my pistol up close to my face and the mag dropped straight on my toe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top