Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

We Live in a Democracy!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Martini_Up, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
    and to the Democracy, for which it stands,
    one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

:bluelaugh:

Yeah, we don't!! I was amazed when I asked a few friends and then my own teenage child what they believed and all said DEMOCRACY. How sad.

I post this up as a reminder to all that we are a REPUBLIC and even though it is similar to a democracy, there is one massive difference: In a republic the sovereignty is in each individual person. In a democracy the sovereignty is in the group.

Republic. That form of government in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated. [NOTE: The word "people" may be either plural or singular. In a republic the group only has advisory powers; the sovereign individual is free to reject the majority group-think. USA/exception: if 100% of a jury convicts, then the individual loses sovereignty and is subject to group-think as in a democracy.]

Democracy. That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free citizens directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from a monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy. [NOTE: In a pure democracy, 51% beats 49%. In other words, the minority has no rights. The minority only has those privileges granted by the dictatorship of the majority.]

Now go forth and spread the truth to those that erroneously believe we're a democracy!!!! :thumbup:

BigStick, Taku, WARCHOP37 and 13 others like this.
  2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

+1 Good post Martini....

Its been touched on before, but this is just more evidence of social propaganda that has intoxicated the public school system over the years. When you ingrain these lies into peoples minds, its all they know and understand. I think its time for a massive reboot.

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

The retards don't know we have a democratic republic. no slight intended at all

4. Martini_Up

I would say Constitutional Republic. We don't have Democratic Republic.

Democratic Republic sounds so Africa. :laugh:

rufus, gaijinsamurai, Taku and 3 others like this.
  5. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

yes we are nominally a republic. one, a republic in which the elected representatives act in accordance with party political platforms, not the will of their constituents. The two aren't the same. and it's interesting that the states conveniently revert to a democracy in the form of majority vote initiatives to enact more taxes on the people. Logic there being it's too politically unpopular to pass new taxes so dress it up and let the people vote on it without really knowing what they are voting for.

Taku, Dunerunner, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

7. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

A Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Keith

bcdon, Martini_Up, Bruin and 5 others like this.
  8. Certaindeaf

So you don't vote? or you just like queefing in the wind.

9. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

Representative Republic always sounded right to me.

10. Martini_Up

Up wind from you, yes. And I also vote. What's your point?

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Certaindeaf

I thought you were trying to say something but you answered your own question. you go!
    It's a binomial or are you a true simpleton?

12. rumblebee1967

rumblebee1967 Bellingham Active Member

I do believe we live in a democracy as again show in the senate today. We were designed as a republic but we are no longer one. The majority dictates what is happening in our government, and it is a majority of the elected officials. The largest problem with this is that officials are elected in some areas due to large populations such as Seattle and Tacoma by people that do not have the same interests or needs as people that live in less populated areas. On a smaller scale for example, people who live in Bellingham can have radically different transportation needs and availability than those in smaller towns such as Ferndale, Sumas or even Glacier. Yet those who have no need for a car and can use the bus system for transportation want people who need cars due to the lack of a bus system to subsidize the bus system to keep rider costs down. We are increasingly a society of has who have no need or sympathy for the have nots. This is happening on all levels from the National level down to the local level. Someday it will all fail as history has always shown. It is never a peaceful happening because the people in power have no desire to give give even a little back to the common folk.

13. Martini_Up

U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government."

republican: re-pub-li-can.

adjective. of a form of government. belonging to characteristic of a republic.

The U.S. Constitution doesn't even have the word democracy written in it.

Perhaps we have natives from these countries posting here: Democratic-Republic of the Congo. The now long-gone German Democratic Republic (E. Germany) Or maybe the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (N.Korea)?? And this is why they would like to characterize the U.S.A. as a Democratic-Republic and would like to change it more reflect those country's governments.

Again, we in the United States of America ARE NOT a Democratic Republic. The more we realize that, the better we will be at stopping those that want us to roll over to the idea of best for the group vs. individual rights.

14. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

We are a republic but acting like a Democracy. The biggest difference between the 2 is the rule of law. A republic votes on law by we the people representative. A democracy is a king like leader changing the law at will without congress. Any of that sounding familiar? The longer we the people let that continue, tyranny will end our republic and I would say we are well on our way. Is everyone's back against the wall yet? If so where's the push back.
    You would think that the 2A pretenders on the left would see where this is leading but then you have to think and not cry about it.

15. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

;)

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  16. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Benjamin Franklin - Wikiquote

17. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yes, very good ! :thumbup:

18. Blitzkrieg

19. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Well, there is more :

Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People are too jumpy when it comes to conclusions.

20. Blitzkrieg

My conclusion is that we are a republic with some democratic aspects and that all would be well if we had closed the immigration floodgates long ago, as in the post 1870 era. This nation was crated for the posterity of the founders, who could understand and support our form of government

BTW wikipedia has a lot of error and false conclusions, I only use it once in awhile if I'm in a hurry