JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be if you had to check your credit card after gas purchases to make sure they didn't steal your card, call credit card company to tell them it was fraud, let gas station manager know his/her employee is a thief, watch the attendants closely every time due to a few bad apples ripping peopel off. Happened to me once and 2 family members visiting. All at different stations. Not worth it. Plus why do we have to live in a nanny state where people
can't pump their own gas due to fear of them starting a fire.
Like I said above. I don't sit on my butt in the car and hand my card to the attendant. I also don't care much for handing my card to the sever in a restaurant while they disappear with it to run it. Never had an issue. (knocks on wood)

Like I said above. I don't sit on my butt in the car and hand my card to the attendant. I also don't care much for handing my card to the sever in a restaurant while they disappear with it to run it. Never had an issue. (knocks on wood)
Kind of a fan of these devices...

AE832E07-2D69-41A0-BB64-2847B2ACF505.jpeg emv_720.jpg

I guess I got used to, and enjoying, reacting with other humans. Though it does seem to get more tiresome, if not out out right aggravating, the older I get.
I'm deaf; it's easier for me to use these devices and my phone than it is to try to talk to a server in a noisy place, and try reading their lips when they aren't looking directly at me

Gas station Nazis. Only they are qualified to complete such a complex and dangerous task. :rolleyes:
Awwww......Come On Man
They went to a special class and got special training in how to handle such hazardous/deadly materials.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....well that USE TO HELP with the unemployment numbers.

Last Edited:
If a restaurant makes me use those, it reduces my tip amount.

I do like them at fast food places because it eliminates the chance for error in taking your order, and if the kitchen follows the order correctly, I almost always get a correct order.
Most places that do this, so far, it's an option. Which is nice. Edit, sometimes even after typing or selecting on the kiosks, they still get something wrong :rolleyes:

Filled up today at a shell and individual pumps had a paper sign on maybe 8' up where you have to look for them. In the old days they used to have one island of pumps self serve and one island full serve. Made things simple and logical.

These guys had a label on the end of the island (so I assumed that island was self serve) but if you go to the pump it may be full or self serve. Had to back up like 10 feet because the guy said "this pump is full serve" when I tried to pump gas. :rolleyes:

Filled up today at a shell and individual pumps had a paper sign on maybe 8' up where you have to look for them. In the old days they used to have one island of pumps self serve and one island full serve. Made things simple and logical.

These guys had a label on the end of the island (so I assumed that island was self serve) but if you go to the pump it may be full or self serve. Had to back up like 10 feet because the guy said "this pump is full serve" when I tried to pump gas. :rolleyes:
That's just weird!
We go to Safeway when our points build up to .30 or better. And we'll take at least 12 gallons. 'Bout time again, it'll be curious how they have theirs set up.

"Full service" is a joke these days :s0140: almost always the barest minimum, like take money, then fill then give receipt.. rarely wash windows, never check air and never check fluid levels :rolleyes:
That's part of the reason I'm out of the car every time I gas up. But yeah, "Full Serve"... :s0112:

Over all, in the 40 years I've lived here my experience with the people working the gas islands in Oregon has been pleasant. The worst experiences have been in states where you must pay before pumping. As in NO card reader at the pump? Having to dick around with going in and handing a wad of cash to the person behind the counter before you could pump. And then going back to get your change. Or same thing, only running your card for over the expected amount and then adjusting to the total after your finished pumping.
I live in a bubblegum hole city, getting all bent out of shape because they wouldn't let me pump my own gas just isn't up very far in daily annoyances.
That started happening in Oregon before self service. I pay cash and have had this happen to me at Fred Meyer gas pumps and AM/PM.

It's literally in the new law that stations couldn't have different prices for self-serve or full service
Of course.
It is impossible for today's government to make any law, no matter how simple, without screwing it up.

It could have been a one-sentence law:
"Self serve fuel dispensing is now legal in Oregon".

But noooo!

Went to the same shell station that I filled up last time (when I had to move to the paper signed "self serve" pump) and this time someone pulled to the same pump a had to move from last week and just started pumping. They didn't say anything. So after just a week things are starting to normalize and some common sense is making its way into that station it looks like to me. Or maybe it's just cuz the gas nazi wasn't working this time?

Last week I went to a chevron and he said they can't do self serve yet they will start next week. Haven't been back to that station yet.

Went to the same shell station that I filled up last time (when I had to move to the paper signed "self serve" pump) and this time someone pulled to the same pump a had to move from last week and just started pumping. They didn't say anything. So after just a week things are starting to normalize and some common sense is making its way into that station it looks like to me. Or maybe it's just cuz the gas nazi wasn't working this time?

Last week I went to a chevron and he said they can't do self serve yet they will start next week. Haven't been back to that station yet.
I refuse to pay the extra at Chevron. MOST, of them are way higher than other stations. Like their gas is "Special".

I went to a Safeway gas and no signs for self serve. the guy did it for me, while I stood there and gave him the card and phone# for the .30 discount. I asked him. "So what happened to the self serve"? He said, " You can serve yourself." They didn't care about making some pump self serve. got to what ever pump you want, and fill it yourself, or not.

... They didn't care about making some pump self serve. got to what ever pump you want, and fill it yourself, or not.
I think that will be the default as soon as stations get a bit of time with the new law. It only makes sense. Someone pulls up and gets out of car and goes to the pump, then attendant doesn't help them. Someone pulls up and sits in the car with the window down, attendant goes to help them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews