JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fight accident GIF

Yeah, those of us traveling through can pump and pay by ourselves and not get our credit cards skimmed by the attendant every single time!

I had to bring cash for gas the last few trips as I was skimmed three years in a row at different stations. They see the out of state plate and it's game on.

OH THANK GOD!! The state is saved, nothing more important here than being able to pump your own gas! Now they can get back to work on getting everyone's guns!

Now we can join the rest of the country and pay before pumping, Yaaaay.
Do they take plastic there? All the places in WA went pre pay so long ago I can't remember when. Never mattered to me as they all had the card reader on the pump when they did and I never wanted to have to pump, then walk to the store anyway. I was shocked last time I went to AZ and the pumps did not have the readers. Had to go in and pay, then go back out and pump. Seemed really strange to me and often a PITA if there was a line at the counter.

Now we can join the rest of the country and pay before pumping, Yaaaay.
Well luckily, most of the pumps now days take the card at the pump. Gone, hopefully, are the places that make you walk all the way to a window to pay first. And when you don't know how much exactly you'll take they make you estimate how much you'll take, and then you have to go back to the window, AGIAN, to get your change back.

A station near us, with the lowest prices in the area, make you pay like that. If you are using a card, only inside for debit, they estimate how much with a healthy overage and charge the card. After you are done, you go back in, they cancel the first transaction, where you are charged the .90 fee and they charge the final amount to the card. With another .90 charge of course.
But-hey, it'll save oregon from total destruction I guess, so we have that going for us.
Oh! Almost forgot, the huge $$ saving we'll be getting once they can all the station employees! You bet! :s0115:

Well luckily, most of the pumps now days take the card at the pump. Gone, hopefully, are the places that make you walk all the way to a window to pay first. And when you don't know how much exactly you'll take they make you estimate how much you'll take, and then you have to go back to the window, AGIAN, to get your change back.

A station near us, with the lowest prices in the area, make you pay like that. If you are using a card, only inside for debit, they estimate how much with a healthy overage and charge the card. After you are done, you go back in, they cancel the first transaction, where you are charged the .90 fee and they charge the final amount to the card. With another .90 charge of course.
But-hey, it'll save oregon from total destruction I guess, so we have that going for us.
Oh! Almost forgot, the huge $$ saving we'll be getting once they can all the station employees! You bet! :s0115:
Every time I think no one can screw things up as bad as we do hear I find out someone else really can beat us. :confused:
What a mess. The station's here do charge to use Credit and never bothered me any. The few cents it worth it to me for ease. I "hear" the Costco's here have a better price on gas than most. I also "hear" there is normally a line to get in there to buy it. For me when its time for fill up I look for a place on the way to where I am going that's simple to get in and out of. I tend to not really even look at the price. Most of my fill ups are at most 15 gallons so just not worth it for me to go out of my way to save a few cents per gallon.
Hopefully they will set up for people in OR now to just pay at the pump for those who want to. For those who still want someone else to pump for them sounds like they are still going to keep that. Those "full serve" places have almost vanished here. If there were still some around me I would often let them pump for me and be glad to pay for it. Last time I tried though the place had a sign saying they did. Problem was the person doing the pumping also was expected to run the damn store.

They got it half right, every pump should be self serve.

Now we are going to have some Karen holding up the self serve pumps because they are too lazy to pump their own gas.

So folks are happy that they and their family are now going to be exposed to a cancer causing substance like gasoline. o_O

Maybe look up the material safety data sheet on gasoline or just bing search it....

So folks are happy that they and their family are now going to be exposed to a cancer causing substance like gasoline. o_O

Maybe look up the material safety data sheet on gasoline or just bing search it....

So people are going to wash with it? I guess if they are that stupid they should not be driving a car. Or if they are that scared of it buy an EV. I figure anyone who is not smart enough to put gas in their car and just get it all over themselves should not be driving the damn thing.

Every time I think no one can screw things up as bad as we do hear I find out someone else really can beat us. :confused:
What a mess. The station's here do charge to use Credit and never bothered me any. The few cents it worth it to me for ease. I "hear" the Costco's here have a better price on gas than most. I also "hear" there is normally a line to get in there to buy it. For me when its time for fill up I look for a place on the way to where I am going that's simple to get in and out of. I tend to not really even look at the price. Most of my fill ups are at most 15 gallons so just not worth it for me to go out of my way to save a few cents per gallon.
Hopefully they will set up for people in OR now to just pay at the pump for those who want to. For those who still want someone else to pump for them sounds like they are still going to keep that. Those "full serve" places have almost vanished here. If there were still some around me I would often let them pump for me and be glad to pay for it. Last time I tried though the place had a sign saying they did. Problem was the person doing the pumping also was expected to run the damn store.
I was raised by depression era parents.:D So I'll drive a ways to save a nickle or more.

COSTCO? No, they only have the lower of some prices in the area. Thats been a thorn in my side for a long time. They survey the stations in the area and charge accordingly. Fred's does the same. But with Costco I pay them for the privilage of shopping there. They buy their gas for all stations, aren't they supposed to pass bulk purchased savings onto the customer?
EDIT: I just remembered, last time I gassed there some AH pump jockey chastised me for taking the nozzle out and hanging it up! DickHead.

Good lord, everything causes cancer.! Maybe that's why I still see young, healthy, robust appearing people with masks on every day. Outside!

How the hell did my mother and father live into their 90s?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews