JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really have never been able to "get" the people so against this. We have had self here for so long I can't remember when we did it. There is still places to get the damn gas pumped if someone does not want to do it. OR will surely be the same. Those who want someone else to pump will be able to have that done.
I've never had any big issue issue having my gas pumped for me. I'm always out of the car anyway to check oil, get the door open/gas cap off, to expedite things. Never would just sit there behind the wheel and hand my card out the window. I'll have to admit though, I'm a little slow on the up-take about gassing myself. Haven't had to do it more than a couple dozen time since I moved to potland in '83.
Best thing about it now is you DON'T HAVE to pump your own gas if you don't want.

I've never had any big issue issue having my gas pumped for me. I'm always out of the car anyway to check oil, get the door open/gas cap off, to expedite things. Never would just sit there behind the wheel and hand my card out the window. I'll have to admit though, I'm a little slow on the up-take about gassing myself. Haven't had to do it more than a couple dozen time since I moved to potland in '83.
Best thing about it now is you DON'T HAVE to pump your own gas if you don't want.
I like pumping. :)

They're probably letting you pump you're own gas because they're afraid Oregon won't be able to produce a high school graduate capable of figuring out how to pump gas., or add, or read. :s0054:

My word man, you must have worked in a Service Station! I remember those from my own childhood.
Yup! Don't remember for sure but was 16-17 at that time. Had a trusty, probably '68, Honda 90 for nice weather and dads car for winter. Gas was in the neighborhood of .45 cents/gal.

Remember complaining about how expensive that gas was? :s0140:
Now when I fill up I tend to not even look as when I do I shake my head in anger.
I think that huge "Gas Crisis" THEN was just a couple/three years later wasn't it? And what did gas got to that time? Something like .75 cents a gallon!!! :rolleyes: I think I was still working at that Phillips 66 station.

I think that huge "Gas Crisis" THEN was just a couple/three years later wasn't it? And what did gas got to that time? Something like .75 cents a gallon!!! :rolleyes: I think I was still working at that Phillips 66 station.
Yep took a good while till it finally got to over a buck. I remember when it finally did a lot of stations still had the old pumps that would not go above .99. So they had signs warning you the price you were seeing at the pump was half what it was. This was back when you pumped then went in to pay. Many got a shock by not paying attention to the sign taped to the pump and would go in and find out they did not have enough cash to pay and be all red faced. :s0140:

That was the year I got my driver license. How fun it was to sit in lines for my father to get just 5 gallons of gas! Before that, remember price "wars" stations would have? I remember some getting to as low as $0.17 per gallon!

That was the year I got my driver license. How fun it was to sit in lines for my father to get just 5 gallons of gas! Before that, remember price "wars" stations would have? I remember some getting to as low as $0.17 per gallon!
Yep after the great short some standup were doing jokes about that. Remember how gas stations used to fight each other for your business?Then make jokes about how they could care less now. I remember the gas wars and them giving stuff away to get you to come to them. :(

The CPI inflation calculator says that what cost $0.75 in 1973 would now cost about $5.15. Gas seemed terribly expensive then, and this confirms it.

The CPI inflation calculator says that what cost $0.75 in 1973 would now cost about $5.15. Gas seemed terribly expensive then, and this confirms it.
Does that inflation calculator include the last two years? Because we all KNOW that that was caused from the full of bubblegum leadership in this country!!

Does that inflation calculator include the last two years? Because we all KNOW that that was caused from the full of bubblegum leadership in this country!!
It only went to 2022, so adding 8% brings it to $5.56 per gallon. Gas was still way expensive during the Oil Embargo. It took way too long to break us from Arab oil, and Brandon has made us vulnerable again!

1700107511191.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA