JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious that if washingtonians can carry out of and back into state, if a non-resident can carry into and back out of state under the same conditions.
As I have been corrected on this count, there is no residency clause/requirement in the bill. So, yeah...
Wondering why it hasn't been signed yet either...
Jackboot Jay is fond of drama... :rolleyes:

As I have been corrected on this count, there is no residency clause/requirement in the bill. So, yeah...

Jackboot Jay is fond of drama... :rolleyes:
i just noticed and editted! HAHA

I should have bought some mags in spokane, not that there is any suggestion of burden of proof the mag existed in WA before 7.1.2022...

Thanks for the clarification!

i just noticed and editted! HAHA

I should have bought some mags in spokane, not that there is any suggestion of burden of proof the mag existed in WA before 7.1.2022...

Thanks for the clarification!
Up to July 1, 2022, out of state residents can bring into and then remove all of the standard capacity mags they want from the state of Washington. The question is whether or not those mags need to be legally possessed in Washington on July 1, 2022, in order for them to be brought back into Washington after July 1, 2022. I am hoping that Washing Gun Law will provide an answer before July 1, 2022.

Up to July 1, 2022, out of state residents can bring into and then remove all of the standard capacity mags they want from the state of Washington. The question is whether or not those mags need to be legally possessed in Washington on July 1, 2022, in order for them to be brought back into Washington after July 1, 2022. I am hoping that Washing Gun Law will provide an answer before July 1, 2022.
Luckily I have a vacation set for just those days, and will provide a time stamp photo for proof... should it come up. LoL

Technically, since this bullshhit law goes into effect on July 1, 2022, then you would want to do whatever it is you're going to do by June 30, 2022.
Technically...

Like how they attributed 22%-36% of gun violence to use of "large capacity" magazines, tells me that they have no clue and far more crime happens with "low capacity" magazines... maybe it should be a minimum round count, not a maximum (by their logic).
Like Flymph said, these Democrat politicians really do sound clueless. The reality is that the vast majority of deaths by firearms in this country are suicides, and somehow it seems rather difficult to blame "high capacity magazines" in that context. Unlike Democrats, numbers don't lie. Shown below are the national stats for the five-year period 2015 through 2019 (sorry, didn't get more recent info; it always lags). Note that suicide accounts for more than 60% of all firearm deaths during this sample five-year period. Homicides averaged 36.2%. And "high capacity" firearms are supposed to be 22% to 36%? Since we can logically rule out suicides, are these Democrat bozos trying to contend that potentially ALL homicides by firearm involved "high capacity" mags? I guess that immediately rules out revolvers from consideration. What a bunch of dimwits they are...

1647832544790.png

Like Flymph said, these Democrat politicians really do sound clueless. The reality is that the vast majority of deaths by firearms in this country are suicides, and somehow it seems rather difficult to blame "high capacity magazines" in that context. Unlike Democrats, numbers don't lie. Shown below are the national stats for the five-year period 2015 through 2019 (sorry, didn't get more recent info; it always lags). Note that suicide accounts for more than 60% of all firearm deaths during this sample five-year period. Homicides averaged 36.2%. And "high capacity" firearms are supposed to be 22% to 36%? Since we can logically rule out suicides, are these Democrat bozos trying to contend that potentially ALL homicides by firearm involved "high capacity" mags? How dumb...

View attachment 1159586
Trying to make sense of their blather isn't worth the annoyance.

But you know if a gun has a shoulder thing that goes up it is one million percent more deadly. Especially on the children. And it eats them, too.

Like Flymph said, these Democrat politicians really do sound clueless. The reality is that the vast majority of deaths by firearms in this country are suicides, and somehow it seems rather difficult to blame "high capacity magazines" in that context. Unlike Democrats, numbers don't lie. Shown below are the national stats for the five-year period 2015 through 2019 (sorry, didn't get more recent info; it always lags). Note that suicide accounts for more than 60% of all firearm deaths during this sample five-year period. Homicides averaged 36.2%. And "high capacity" firearms are supposed to be 22% to 36%? Since we can logically rule out suicides, are these Democrat bozos trying to contend that potentially ALL homicides by firearm involved "high capacity" mags? I guess that immediately rules out revolvers from consideration. What a bunch of dimwits they are...

View attachment 1159586
They were actually specific in that the stated percentages were drawn from violent crime statistics. It's either a poorly placed statistic or a nod that all guns are bad... mmmkay.

Technically, since this bullbubblegum law goes into effect on July 1, 2022, then you would want to do whatever it is you're going to do by June 30, 2022.
Technically...
The question is if I possess my large capacity mags in WA before June 30, 2022, will it be effective? If so, it will be simple because I will be in WA several times between now and June 30, 2022. If not, my plan is as follows. Since I reside just under 11 miles from Washington as the crow flies and it is only a 25 minute drive to WA I plan to drive into WA late on June 30, 2022, stay until after midnight and then return to Idaho with proof that I possessed a truckload of large capacity mags for all of my guns and several that I do not yet have. I will have to talk to the folks at Black Sheep and some of the other LGS in CDA and Post Falls about organizing a caravan. The folks in Moscow, Lewiston and the Boise area should do the same. With some help from the magazine manufactures, it could turn into the million magazine march!

This law was really written by retards I was looking for the word "resident" and all I can find is "individual" So, I guess that technically if an Idahoan (henceforth referred to as "Spud") bought magazines in Washington prior to 7/1/22, they would be leally owned in WA and therefore the Spuds could come and go as they please with their hicap magazines. Well written law there, Turd Ferguson!

To hell with that marchin' shhit! It's a Million Magazine Motorcade, baby!!!
You have a knack for tickling my funny bone. Back in the 60s after I had enlisted in the Navy Reserve, we were asked at my first reserve meeting why we chose the Navy. One guy said the he was not into marching. Your comment brought back that memory. Thanks.

This law was really written by retards I was looking for the word "resident" and all I can find is "individual" So, I guess that technically if an Idahoan (henceforth referred to as "Spud") bought magazines in Washington prior to 7/1/22, they would be leaglly owned in WA and therefore the Spuds could come and go as they please with their hicap magazines. Well written law there, Turd Ferguson!
They are not hicap but large capacity!:) You do understand that the term Spud is something that we take pride in.:D They may be retards but ask yourself why else would they use the term individual rather than resident if it were not to ensure that Spuds could continue to carry their large capacity mags in WA?
:s0023:

They are not hicap but large capacity!:) You do understand that the term Spud is something that we take pride in.:D They may be retards but ask yourself why else would they use the term individual rather than resident if it were not to ensure that Spuds could continue to carry their large capacity mags in WA?
So, they were thinking about you, and not us. How nice... :)

Unintended consequence of fools writing laws

I didn't see anything banning the purchase of magazine extensions?
Um, see Section 2 and Definition #36 which describes a "large capacity magazine"...

(36) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include any of the following: blah blah blah

As stupid as this bill is, I would posit that "part" or "combination of parts" can/would be construed to mean mag extensions by TPTB, if they wished it so...

Um, see Section 2 and Definition #36 which describes a "large capacity magazine"...

(36) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include any of the following: blah blah blah

As stupid as this bill is, I would posit that "part" or "combination of parts" can/would be construed to mean mag extensions by TPTB, if they wished it so...
See I took it to mean no "rebuild kits" like they sell in some ban states they overlooked that

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top