JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The simple truth about this bill:
EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL THAT SPONSORED IT WAS A DEMOCRAT. NOT ONE SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT IN COMMITTEE, IN THE SENATE, OR IN THE HOUSE. If you are a gun owner, that fact alone should tell you how to behave in all future elections.

Now ask yourself. Do you really believe that a single death in the State of Washington, even one, will be prevented by this bill because a magazine has a 10-round capacity limit? If your answer to that question is "no" then the follow-up question is: are Democrats really that stupid, or is this just another chippy step along the way to total gun control/bans? The answer is obvious.

This is why Idaho beckons. Nobody wants to live under a dictatorship where rights are curtailed.

Every law stricken down as unconstitutional should automatically result in the immediate disbarment and removal of it's supporting legislators and charge them with felony infringement of the Constitution.

So if you have them in your possession and they are legally stored(locked box, separate from firearm, on way to licensed gun range or hunting) you are within the requirements of the law ?

Every law stricken down as unconstitutional should automatically result in the immediate disbarment and removal of it's supporting legislators and charge them with felony infringement of the Constitution.
Politicians want to sue corporations for criminals having misused their products. Citizens should be able to sue politicians for laws that can be shown to have caused them harm.

I guess I stand corrected because the information supplied by Monkeybutler above no longer has the "possession" or "transporting" restrictions that previous versions of the bill entailed. So does the SB 7058 no longer restrict possession of "hi cap mags" (more than 10 rounds)as long as you own them prior to July 1, 2022 ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand the soon to be new Washington state law.

Politicians want to sue corporations for criminals having misused their products. Citizens should be able to sue politicians for laws that can be shown to have caused them harm.
That will only work if the money must come out of the politician's pocket. Having the government pay the lawsuits will neither hurt them or stop them.

Has he signed it? You just saw him sign a bill retracting some of the onerous legislation against law enforcement because of the political blowback over street crime. Remind him that blaming honest gun owners for the crimes of criminals who ignore murder laws right along with gun laws is a way to lose more support then he has lost so far. It can't hurt.

If you own what you own it's yours it's thought $hit for them one week it's legal one week it's not. It not our problem these idiots can't make up there mind. Like to pull bull from there a$$ when they should be working on things that are more important and relevant in law.

So does the SB 7058 no longer restrict possession of "hi cap mags" (more than 10 rounds)as long as you own them prior to July 1, 2022 ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand the soon to be new Washington state law.
Yes. But you really should just read the damn bill. It's actually ESSB 5078 that got passed (Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill). Reading it will answer all your questions.

PRO TIP: Save yourself some time (and a barf bag) and skip the bullshhit in Section 1 (it's all just Leftist propaganda), and go straight to Section 3.
Also, read definitions #37 and #38 in Section 2.

Again: https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Senate Passed Legislature/5078-S.PL.pdf?q=20220319104217

Last Edited:
Curious that if washingtonians can carry out of and back into state, if a non-resident can carry into and back out of state under the same conditions. Wondering why it hasn't been signed yet either...

Actually, the text is even more confusing as it does not specify Washington residency as a requirement to depart from and return to the state... so essentially, can I have an itemized receipt for some receipts I buy in WA and return whenever I like with them? By letter anyway

Last Edited:
The simple truth about this bill:
EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL THAT SPONSORED IT WAS A DEMOCRAT. NOT ONE SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT IN COMMITTEE, IN THE SENATE, OR IN THE HOUSE. If you are a gun owner, that fact alone should tell you how to behave in all future elections.

Now ask yourself. Do you really believe that a single death in the State of Washington, even one, will be prevented by this bill because a magazine has a 10-round capacity limit? If your answer to that question is "no" then the follow-up question is: are Democrats really that stupid, or is this just another chippy step along the way to total gun control/bans? The answer is obvious.

This is why Idaho beckons. Nobody wants to live under a dictatorship where rights are curtailed.
Like how they attributed 22%-36% of gun violence to use of "large capacity" magazines, tells me that they have no clue and far more crime happens with "low capacity" magazines... maybe it should be a minimum round count, not a maximum (by their logic).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top