JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In seriousness though, it is pretty useful. I assume anything I find behind the counter will be legal but when it comes to special orders it would prevent the wasted time of trying to order something a seller won't ship.

I believe the flow chart is in error as to shotguns. All the prohibited features, such as a pistol grip, are applicable only to semi-automatic shotguns. For example, a pistol grip on a Rem. 870 is legal from my reading of the HB 1240 text.

I believe the flow chart is in error as to shotguns. All the prohibited features, such as a pistol grip, are applicable only to semi-automatic shotguns. For example, a pistol grip on a Rem. 870 is legal from my reading of the HB 1240 text.
That is the first step in the flow chart. A pump shotgun would go directly to "no" (not an AW).

Makes sense, I missed that very basic distinction.
Easy to miss if you start at "shogun" further down the chart.

Seems like the Beretta 1301 and Benelli M2 or M4 are okay as long as they have conventional stocks.So not bad choices if you are into shotguns.

Seems like the Beretta 1301 and Benelli M2 or M4 are okay as long as they have conventional stocks.So not bad choices if you are into shotguns.
Conventional replacement butt stocks for those are probably available.

I had a Rem. 870 DM with the pistol grip stock. Of course it was a pump and not subject to the new laws. But turns out I hated the gun and it's now gone. One of the features I didn't like was the pistol grip stock; it just didn't work right for me on a shotgun. The other thing that I hated was the detachable magazine; in practice the tube works better for me. The one redeeming feature of the DM was the ghost ring rear sight. Anyway, I bought a conventional butt stock for the 870 DM to correct that (to me, anyway) shortcoming but got rid of the gun before I used it. I think it cost about $30 but Beretta and Benelli, I cannot speak for how much a replacement stock might cost for those.

There are two New England Firearms "Survivors" in my battery of shotguns. These are would-be "survival" guns ostensibly for emergencies. Short barrels, hollow stock sections for storing ammo, compass, first aid kit, etc., etc. One of their features is a kind of full loop enclosed pistol grip. Which I've found to be awkward for cocking the hammer. You cannot reach up to cock the hammer without relaxing your hold on the pistol grip. Nor can you push the barrel release latch easily with your (in my case, right) thumb), as you can on a similar firearm with a conventional stock. The gun shown has a .45 Colt / .410 shotgun barrel, it's mostly a novelty item in my view. I suppose the idea is, you stick it in your airplane (for example), and never look at it. Until you crash (and survive) in the woods somewhere.

P3150437.JPG

Conventional replacement butt stocks for those are probably available.

I had a Rem. 870 DM with the pistol grip stock. Of course it was a pump and not subject to the new laws. But turns out I hated the gun and it's now gone. One of the features I didn't like was the pistol grip stock; it just didn't work right for me on a shotgun. The other thing that I hated was the detachable magazine; in practice the tube works better for me. The one redeeming feature of the DM was the ghost ring rear sight. Anyway, I bought a conventional butt stock for the 870 DM to correct that (to me, anyway) shortcoming but got rid of the gun before I used it. I think it cost about $30 but Beretta and Benelli, I cannot speak for how much a replacement stock might cost for those.

There are two New England Firearms "Survivors" in my battery of shotguns. These are would-be "survival" guns ostensibly for emergencies. Short barrels, hollow stock sections for storing ammo, compass, first aid kit, etc., etc. One of their features is a kind of full loop enclosed pistol grip. Which I've found to be awkward for cocking the hammer. You cannot reach up to cock the hammer without relaxing your hold on the pistol grip. Nor can you push the barrel release latch easily with your (in my case, right) thumb), as you can on a similar firearm with a conventional stock. The gun shown has a .45 Colt / .410 shotgun barrel, it's mostly a novelty item in my view. I suppose the idea is, you stick it in your airplane (for example), and never look at it. Until you crash (and survive) in the woods somewhere.

View attachment 1752590
Both the 1301 and m2/m4 have models with conventional stocks. The m2 can be had with a comfortech stock which reduces perceived recoil, which sounds like a good idea.

Only if pistol grip is "Not attached" to stock, if it's independent then it's illegal, if it's part of the stock then it's ok.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top