JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a new resident to Washington and have never had a class 3 before. Im interested in knowing your opinion on this and what it requires. In fact, Im not even sure if Wa residents can.:s0092:.....I should have stayed in oregon. :bash: So at this point im investigating the process. i know I would like to shoot suppressed and that this requires just a stamp a whole bunch of money and even more time for paperwork. That being said, Whats the process / availability to get a class 3?
Thanks!

Well there are 6 kinds of NFA items and half are legal in WA. Full auto, Short Barreled Rifle and Short Barreled Shotgun are illegal. Silencers, Any Other Weapon and Destructive Device are legal.

Well a "whole bunch of money" is all relative. It is $200 for the tax stamp. Cost of the silencer $200-2000. Transfer fee for the dealer if not bought though him $50-100. Of course sales tax.

What you get is a stamp saying you have paid your tax for each item, not a license.

Here is a write up I did a while back that has all the information you need in it, GunBroker.com Message Forums - Basic NFA FAQ (update 7-14-12)

Well now you are talking a whole bunch of money. All the above but you are at least $10,000 for an M-16 lower and then .300 BLK/Whisper/Fireball/.221/.223/ect is not cheap to shoot either.
More like $15,000 for that M-16 lower.

True. But 9mm isn't exactly cheap to shoot either. I guess fa cheap looks like a fa ak74 right?

AK47 isn't cheap either.

Where do you get it being "minus sales tax"? The silencer is a taxable item under WA law.
And you can't own SBR's, SBS's or full autos so it's only three out of six in WA.

I'll go out on a limb here, Nwcid was referring to OR, namely the process for acquiring NFA items is the same as WA, minus sales tax, and you can own all 6 types.

Class 3 is the type of SOT a dealer has in addition to his FFL it's not a type of gun. What you would like to purchase is an NFA item or a title II firearm, regular guns are title I. If you want a silencer/aow lots of shops can sell them to you, if you want a grenade launcher toponotchtactical is one of WA's only type 10 FFL's with a class 2 SOT and usually has a few launchers in stock as well as ammunition of all types.

I am going out on a limb here, but I think we will be able to own SBR's in WA next year. I know I said the same thing this year, but that was before Sandy Hook. 14 of the 32 sponsors of HB 1561 are Democrats (as is the prime sponsor), 7 of the 13 House Judiciary Committee members are HB 1561 co-sponsors, the police support the bill (it eases restrictions on them too), the author of HB2319-1994 claimed SBS/SBS were banned to placate those who called for harsher restrictions (it was not an anti-crime provision), and after two years of collecting crime data I have failed to find evidence of any registered SBR involved in any crimes in WA. Another plus is that we now have a pro-gun Republican who replaced the rabid anti-gun Kline in the Senate Judiciary (now called Law and Justice) Committee.

The NRA is not on our side (I asked and was ignored) on this issue. It is up to us to convince Representative Pedersen to give the bill a hearing in January 2014. This guy is the only significant hurdle to pass, if he gives it a hearing it should all be downhill from there. Write to your Representatives and ask them to co-sponsor the bill. If the laws keep improving here I just might not leave the state in 2023. :)

Ranb

True. But 9mm isn't exactly cheap to shoot either. I guess fa cheap looks like a fa ak74 right?

You do realize with anything running a full auto platform is a $200 tax stamp. You wanna run Suppressed? $200 tax stamp. Short barrel? $200 tax stamp. Also I find it ridiculous to shoot full auto unless the environment calls for it? Otherwise you're just wasting ammo. If you pay 20¢/round, 30 round mag is $6. Get into that $1/rnd and it's a $30 magazine. You need to learn to reload and you'll save a few cents per round. I've shot plenty of full auto and I honestly don't want to be in those situations where it was absolutely nessasary to use. Suppression fire isn't really a fun time, it's a nessesity on the battlefield, not a range. Buy yourself a $100 bumpfire stock and don't pay the tax stamp! You'll have the same experience of shooting full auto without a full auto m16 full auto lower. Which I've got one I'm not dropping the price on. I'm asking $25k, any one interested can contact me via this site. I also have a FA fully transferable 1919 in 30-06 I'm selling but it's price is slightly more and comes with 2k belted rounds asking price is $32000. So if you're interested in getting ahold of full auto, it's out there, but it costs a ton of money to get. I was lucky I had an uncle that loved me and left me these in a trust. So, still want full auto? Do you have a place to shoot legally? There's not a gun range in the state that allows for full auto fire. Franklin Armory has a Binary trigger pack you can get that's going to give you a shot on both actions of the rifle, so it's a shot on pull and a shot on the reset. This seems extremely dangerous to me for anyone who has never shot select fire. I've gotten off topic a bit!

And you do realize that you've responded to a 4yr old thread, written by someone who likely isn't here anymore.

Aw great! No I sure didn't! Least not till after I saw your comment! Lol! Ever time I find a good discussion on a forum it's usually a couple of years old and of course I get excited to say something and don't check the dates. I'll look for a more up to date conversion. Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top