JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You handed yourself your own azzes. By not getting out the vote. 2/3 fail to vote has to be a national record, or close to it.

We had 43.8% voter turnout. The lowest voter turnout in the last 60 years in WA state was 52.47% back in 1978. The 2010 midterm had a 71% turnout rate. The only bright side is that the liberal counties had most of the lowest turnout -- King,Walla Walla, Skagit, Snohomish all in the 30s.

We had 43.8% voter turnout. The lowest voter turnout in the last 60 years in WA state was 52.47% back in 1978. The 2010 midterm had a 71% turnout rate. The only bright side is that the liberal counties had most of the lowest turnout -- King,Walla Walla, Skagit, Snohomish all in the 30s.

http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

2 million ballots never got cast. 2 million couch potatoes.
It like half or more of the people don't care that we have freedom or value it. Millions have died to keep that right to vote, yet it is taken for granted totally. It is damned aggravating. Wonder if they would have also surrendered to Germany and Japan.........................................
(&^$^%%(+_09

Perhaps they were too busy running their store. :(

Could have also been sending out letters and emails:rolleyes: I swear I get a email every other day from them....

I did like the flyer I got on 594 from them and also who to vote for(Thanks I am a idiot and can not figure it out on my own) but never did get a sticker:rolleyes:

NRA?? Why don't you find out where the gun owner voters were. You CAN"T expect to have someone lead you by the hand. NRA?? Do you want them to wipe your behinds also . . .
GOLLY IT MUST BE SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT . . . Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I truly feel whatever the NRA could spend in WA would be negated by anti-NRA sentiment in Western WA. Much cheaper to fight it in court and the NRA moniker doesn't come with baggage.

They spend about $20M nationwide I don't know if what they could add would matter.

Yes, I'm still suffering from election hangover, and there's plenty of blame to go around.

Last Edited:
What I see is what better place to tear the NRA down but to get the gun owners riled about the organization from within the pro gun groups.
I do not believe that pro gun people are truly so ignorant of what the NR does in this country.
They never were about protecting every state they are about protecting the 2nd Amendment and its role in the US Constitution.
Also they provide training and range setup, education and help them to get started and help keep them active, they train LE, Military, and anyone that needs training in firearms.
They keep kids shooting programs active and they fight in the legislature in DC and help fight on the state level when it becomes important.
If they had more donations and a bigger cash flow they could and would cover much more areas at a time, but they are NOT babysitters for every state.
They do expect the states to fight themselves.
But the point is The complainers are doing exactly what bloomturd has been instructing people to do. ie; tear the NRA down any way they can.
What true 2nd Amendment supporters need to do is tell the whiners to take a hike and shut the Fup.
Sick if hearing the negative.
Every good legitimate pro gun organization in this land needs positive support and to do otherwise is an enemy tactic and is just bs pure and simple.

Verbally tearing down any pro firearms organization in public forums is simply an anti tactic or those doing it have been sucked into the anti game and don't even realize what they do.

Could have also been sending out letters and emails:rolleyes: I swear I get a email every other day from them....

I did like the flyer I got on 594 from them and also who to vote for(Thanks I am a idiot and can not figure it out on my own) but never did get a sticker:rolleyes:

It takes big money to keep operating, and especially when azzes like Bloomberg and the two WA money bags are fighting against you. They need to continually remind people they need the support and they do.
Just ignoring them is always an option, and hopefully the opposite is done more.
Compared to the Junk mail I get from all over the net the occasional NRA email is a welcome sight actually.
I get the same or more from GOA and a half dozen other pro gun orgs that I do from the NRA.
I get about 5 to 8 times the mail from politicians wanting donations. Its the name of the game anymore.

The last article I saw from Dave Workman stated there are over 400,000 cpl holders in wa state. Where were they? If everyone who knew the gun laws in wa, knew this initiative was flawed from the get go, why such the low turn out? Less than 300,000 people turned out to vote? http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

IMO the NRA did a poor job fighting against this. I saw lots of Facebook posts against 594, but no radio spots and no commercials against 594 on TV. I think its safe to assume a lot of people don't have Facebook and if they don't like the NRA on Facebook, how do they see or hear their fight against 594? I'm pretty sure any pro 591 signs or no on 594 signs were funded locally by SAF and CCRKBA and other donations. IMO the NRA dropped the ball on this "foot in the door" initiative.

Last Edited:
The last article I saw from Dave Workman stated there are over 400,000 cpl holders in wa state. Where were they? If everyone who knew the gun laws in wa, knew this initiative was flawed from the get go, why such the low turn out? Less than 300,000 people turned out to vote? http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

IMO the NRA did a poor job fighting against this. I saw lots of Facebook posts against 594, but no radio spots and no commercials against 594 on TV. I think its safe to assume a lot of people don't have Facebook and if they don't like the NRA on Facebook, how do they see or hear their fight against 594? I'm pretty sure any pro 591 signs or no on 594 signs were funded locally by SAF and CCRKBA and other donations. IMO the NRA dropped the ball on this "foot in the door" initiative.

One more time, it is not the NRA's job to fight in every state level anti gun battle. They accomplished getting the Senate and A big time retention of the House and have dozens of other lawsuits they are helping with.
Write to the NRA-ILA and ask them to tell you what their role is in all this. Might surprise you, but they are not babysitters. When the do fight they do well in most cases. They lose a few and win many.
The real key is that if every gun owner in WA would have voted you would not be stuck with this law. If half the gun owners would have spent just a couple weeks out knocking on doors to get people to go and vote then you would most ikely have defeated this law. But none of that took place. There were some that were very active, but I think most were not and as usual, expected someone else to carry the load.
Well guess what they didn't carry it well. Too much for the few that did work.

Gotta love people who don't vote then bubblegum like hell about the outcome! The NRA didn't let you down, it was your family, friends, coworkers and neighbors that couldn't get off their asses and vote to preserve our 2A rights! Washingtonians have NO one to blame but themselves .

Gotta love people who don't vote then bubblegum like hell about the outcome! The NRA didn't let you down, it was your family, friends, coworkers and neighbors that couldn't get off their asses and vote to preserve our 2A rights! Washingtonians have NO one to blame but themselves .

There were some hard workers up there, but the ones that didn't get off their azzes should be called out in shame.
They are who people should be mad as hell at.
Surely not any pro 2nd Amendment organization.
Not one of them was to blame.
That lays on the shoulders of every gun owner that did not vote...period !

You've been thoroughly indoctrinated in the collective thought. When expect someone to do for you, instead of doing for yourself. So when you ask, "Where was the NRA" you' ll also ask.
Where were the police when assaulted?
Where was the government during a disaster?
And where's my check?

So, are you guys going to continue to bash each other bloody?
That's exactly what Bloomie and his minions want. Don't fall for it.

Face it, WA, just like OR, is one of the "bluest" states in the union, which is why you were targeted.
Couple that with the money from the richest people in America, and some of the best ground-game political organizing anywhere, and you're in a tough row to hoe.

Want to beat it? Want to prevent it from getting worse?
Put together your own political ground game.
And when you need funds to grow, expand your reach, polish up your presentation, then ask the NRA and others for funds. You'll no doubt get them.

But don't spend your time and energy beating on each other, or outside organizations.
That's beyond silly, and it's worse than unproductive.

It's self-destructive, and exactly what your opponents want you to do.

I dont believe we should tear the NRA down but I do believe they should have had a campaign against 594. How many fence sitters would have voted different if Bloomberg et al wouldnt have contributed?

One problem with this is that Bloomberg just proved you can essentially buy an election if you throw enough money at it. I saw some NRA ads, but it's damn hard to win a financial pi$$ing match with Bloomberg when he's motivated.

Only way we win this is to get those a$$ sitters off the couch and get them to vote. We're going to have to go to the shooters, the people that really believe in freedom and liberty, and get them to cast a vote. I genuinely hope there are enough of them left.

If anyone has heard of a legal challenge being mounted against this bill, please send me a link. Lots of noise, nothing I can see that's concrete yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top