JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The question was being asked back in August.

"This November, some gun rights advocates are wondering why the NRA isn't more overtly involved in the only state where voters will weigh in directly on their issues."

""The NRA has really not been involved at all until very recently, and not in the area of spending significantly at all," said Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and founder of the Second Amendment Foundation. "I have no idea why. We have a coalition made up of all the gun rights groups in Washington, and they are not participating."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...gun-rights-advocates-wonder-where-is-the-nra/

So, NRA? What happened to you?

You're blaming the NRA when 63.5% of the voters (many of them gun owners and not members of any organized gun group) didn't vote? The NRA sent out several mailing to its members and even sent out bumper stickers to help spread the word. Could they have done more. probably. But put the blame where it lies, at the feet of the jackwads who don't vote. How much effort is needed to fill in a mail in ballot and either drop it off at the ballot pickup box or put a 49 cent stamp on it and mail it in. Maybe they were to busy playing the latest video game or filling out their fantasy football league list? I don't think we need to look outside the state of Washington looking for a scapegoat for this initiative passing.

call the NRA and ask them why they aren't partnering up with the SAF. they could be a formidable force if they would team up.

tell the NRA to settle their differences with the SAF and start working together.

I don't buy the NRA was too busy. This was the major state battle. It's seems the billionaire club thought it was important. Every year I look if the money I contribute to groups like charities and political groups like the NRA perform. The ones that do well I drop or cut back on. I will be giving more in December to SAF based on what they have done

"This November, some gun rights advocates are wondering why the NRA isn't more overtly involved in the only state where voters will weigh in directly on their issues."
""The NRA has really not been involved at all until very recently, and not in the area of spending significantly at all," said Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and founder of the Second Amendment Foundation. "I have no idea why. We have a coalition made up of all the gun rights groups in Washington, and they are not participating."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...gun-rights-advocates-wonder-where-is-the-nra/

BoatRanch first posted on this forum Sept 25.
Sept 26:
If we do not get $$$ HELP from some DEEP Pockets, i.e. the NRA, I think we are SCREWED!
Post by: BoatRanch, Sep 26, 2014 in forum: Legal & Political

Where was he in August?
His only contribution to the community is "get your stock refinished at a boat builder"

To busy back in DC sucking up to RINOs like Boehner and McConnell, no doubt.

Brigadier posted 3 times in 2013
upload_2014-11-7_14-19-43.jpeg
and 17+ in the past few days
upload_2014-11-7_14-23-20.jpeg
upload_2014-11-7_14-21-47.jpeg
I think you be trolling n talking smack

Think what you like. I really don't give a sh*t. I am active on a bunch of forums, and don't visit this one much. I'm sorry if what I have to say gets your panties in a twist[NOT].

But with members like yourself that behave this way to other infrequent posters, is it any wonder I don't come here much?

Whaddadick. Just cuz I criticize the NRA for not doing enough to stop 594, you think I am a troll and want me to quit the NRA. You are no better than the commie libtards that can't handle ANY dissenters. Or are only those that bow down and worship the NRA allowed on here? Did I miss that sticky? Does the NRA sponsor this forum, so any criticism is not tolerated?

Brigadier posted 3 times in 2013
View attachment 112147
and 17+ in the past few days
View attachment 112151
View attachment 112150
I think you be trolling n talking smack

A bloomer buyoff...?? Probably as are most that bad mouth the NRA. that is exactly what Bloomfart preached this year, Go after the NRA and these guys are doing just that and helping him. If they are not on his payroll then they might as well be in the anti's camp anyway. They do harm with the constant put downs of the NRA, and not one of them has probably contributed a damned dime to the NRA. And probably not to any pro gun group to be truthful.
Pretty damned sad really. Few thing change. Just the scenery.

A bloomer buyoff...?? Probably as are most that bad mouth the NRA. that is exactly what Bloomfart preached this year, Go after the NRA and these guys are doing just that and helping him. If they are not on his payroll then they might as well be in the anti's camp anyway. They do harm with the constant put downs of the NRA, and not one of them has probably contributed a damned dime to the NRA. And probably not to any pro gun group to be truthful.
Pretty damned sad really. Few thing change. Just the scenery.

Another worshipper of the NRA. Sad, sad, sad.

So, let me get this straight. We just got our asses handed to us on 594. Many members here feel the NRA did not do enough to keep that from happening. So, anyone that criticizes the NRA is a Bloomberg plant?

No wonder I haven't visited this forum in years.

Another worshipper of the NRA. Sad, sad, sad.

So, let me get this straight. We just got our asses handed to us on 594. Many members here feel the NRA did not do enough to keep that from happening. So, anyone that criticizes the NRA is a Bloomberg plant?

No wonder I haven't visited this forum in years.

You handed yourself your own azzes. By not getting out the vote. 2/3 fail to vote has to be a national record, or close to it. And yes, you bad mouth the finest Pro 2nd and Pro gun organization, then you are either very ignorant of what they are or are in the wrong camp. I suggest you study NRA history or retake the Alinsky course. When you badmouth any truly pro 2nd organization, you do them all an injustice and an injustice to every American Gun Owner !!

That tactic is exactly what Bloomberg has advocated this year.

Anyone that is truly into preserving the 2nd and is into firearms in any depth knows that the NRA has done more by at least a hundred times than ALL the pro gun groups in the US combined and that is most likely an understatement.

And here we see why 594 passed
Hopefully the NRA will back the recall and court challenges to 594, it has some huge holes in it, just like ObamaCare

You handed yourself your own azzes. By not getting out the vote. 2/3 fail to vote has to be a national record, or close to it. And yes, you bad mouth the finest Pro 2nd and Pro gun organization, then you are either very ignorant of what they are or are in the wrong camp. I suggest you study NRA history or retake the Alinsky course. When you badmouth any truly pro 2nd organization, you do them all an injustice and an injustice to every American Gun Owner !!

That tactic is exactly what Bloomberg has advocated this year.

Anyone that is truly into preserving the 2nd and is into firearms in any depth knows that the NRA has done more by at least a hundred times than ALL the pro gun groups in the US combined and that is most likely an understatement.

Yeah, just like when the NRA threw us under the bus with Clinton's AWB! Are you old enough to remember THAT, Sparky? I am.

Sooner or later, organizations get so big, so bloated, so out of touch, that their members need to do a reality check. That is all I am saying. Yet you keep going of like a robot kissing their bubblegum, and attacking anyone that questions them. you are acting like a brownshirt for the NRA. You probably would grovel at the feet of RINOs like Boehner and McConnell hoping they won't throw you under the bus......wake up Sparky.

And yes, only 40% of the electorate voted. That is shameful. But yet, I did not see/hear/read about the most awesome and worshipful Pro 2A organization in the whole galaxy urging gun owners to get out and vote. Nor did I hear them educating people on what was really in 594. Not.One.Stinking.Word.

And as a life member and certified firearms instructor, I think I DO have the right to ask 'Where was the NRA'?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads