JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hypothetical Situation here. Bad dude walks into a school with a_______________ name weapon of choice here. Starts killing and making demands! People are dying, and more are at extreme risk, at what point in this do you rub your head and say ok to the police having access to things that up till now you flat out refuse to allow? The longer you take to think out your reasoned answer, the more kids and staff are killed! Quickly now, you need to answer, life hangs in the answer you provide!!!!! Come on now, people are FREEKIN OUT at the sights and sounds coming out of that school man, and LEO hands are tied because you don't want them to have the tools needed to do something to put a stop to this! Unfortunately this has already happened, and our LEO didn't have the tools they needed, and people died! Blood is on the hands of every one who cried out STOP, do not allow our Police to have certain tools so they can do a better job in the face of this new world we live in! The time it took you to read this, 12 kids were killed, and the time it takes to answer the questions I pose to you 12 more will die! What is your reasoned answer?

You're getting into a hypothetical question that I think fuels the anti-gun argument. Calling in the murder of children is exactly what our anti opponents do. I think that is particularly bad to pull in on NWFA.

Worst case is the standard mass shooter, in that case. Why isn't a LEO response of 15 officers with rifles not an appropriate solution? LEOs are armed with ARs. That, I believe, constitutes 99% of situations a LEO responds to.

Are you telling me a LEO needs an APC to save children in a school shooting?

I don't like the idea of telling a law enforcement agency what tactics they may use in the heat of an engagement. I think after the engagement, they should be liable and accountable for the tactics they decided to employ. They don't get the blank check referenced earlier.

I also think we should be able to debate and limit the tools they have on hand at any time.

There has got to be more to the story. I personally can't see them opening up on a guy doing donuts in a field.
no kiddin, literally 2 weeks ago i took my 3 1/2yr old shootin his little 22 and then him and i were doin donuts on the river bank in my truck afterwards. he was grinnin ear to ear

To ensure when/if the common citizen becomes the bad guy, the police can't overwhelm them on the order of an unjust gov't, should that occur.

but not only has that not happened, thats what we have the 2nd Amendment for....

the notion of the militarization of the police is not happening. They aren't running around imposing martial law on us. But they are risking their lives to stop bad guys with all kinds of armament wrecking havoc on innocent civilians.

no kiddin, literally 2 weeks ago i took my 3 1/2yr old shootin his little 22 and then him and i were doin donuts on the river bank in my truck afterwards. he was grinnin ear to ear

Did you shoot at LEO's and evade? I know that answer brother. Not an apples to apples comparison there.

KNOW THY ENEMY! Pure alsinky rules I just pulled on you, and it worked brilliantly! You fell for the low hanging fruit and dodged the real question, and thus my point was made! As to the fuel of the antis, again you drank the koolaid. The question got lost because the message was too gruesome to contemplate, just how the antis work the message to spin the views of the mass sheeple!

You still didn't answer the question!

I don't like the idea of telling a law enforcement agency what tactics they may use in the heat of an engagement. I think after the engagement, they should be liable and accountable for the tactics they decided to employ. They don't get the blank check referenced earlier.

I also think we should be able to debate and limit the tools they have on hand at any time.

but they are held liable and accountable for the tactics they use.

if you think we should be able to limit the tools they have on hand at any time then the next step is to limit the tools you and I have on hand at any time.

Are you telling me a LEO needs an APC to save children in a school shootin
Yes. Why not?

No sense in risking more bloodshed than necessary.

In houston (dallas?) LE blew the suspect to smithereens with a robot and explosive. Stopped the threat.

Cheers to those guys and ALL service men and women who perform their duties faithfully.

I'll add that maybe LE wouldn't seem so on edge if it weren't for combative/uncooperative citizens everywhere.

KNOW THY ENEMY! Pure alsinky rules I just pulled on you, and it worked brilliantly! You fell for the low hanging fruit and dodged the real question, and thus my point was made! As to the fuel of the antis, again you drank the koolaid. The question got lost because the message was too gruesome to contemplate, just how the antis work the message to spin the views of the mass sheeple!

hook line and sinker not one person who argues the police are being militarized has answered the question I asked a while back how would they stop a deranged madman shooting at them?

Yes. Why not?

No sense in risking more bloodshed than necessary.

In houston (dallas?) LE blew the suspect to smithereens with a robot and explosive. Stopped the threat.

Cheers to those guys and ALL service men and women who perform their duties faithfully.

I'll add that maybe LE wouldn't seem so on edge if it weren't for combative/uncooperative citizens everywhere.

Great post!

but not only has that not happened, thats what we have the 2nd Amendment for....

the notion of the militarization of the police is not happening. They aren't running around imposing martial law on us. But they are risking their lives to stop bad guys with all kinds of armament wrecking havoc on innocent civilians.

Militarization is not happening??

Rand Paul: We Must Demilitarize the Police

(from the article you shared)
The shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown is an awful tragedy that continues to send shockwaves through the community of Ferguson, Missouri and across the nation.

If I had been told to get out of the street as a teenager, there would have been a distinct possibility that I might have smarted off. But, I wouldn't have expected to be shot.

The outrage in Ferguson is understandable—though there is never an excuse for rioting or looting. There is a legitimate role for the police to keep the peace, but there should be a difference between a police response and a military response.

The images and scenes we continue to see in Ferguson resemble war more than traditional police action.

fall for fake news much? Do you really think the Ferguson riots were the police fault because they showed up dressed like military?

Hypothetical Situation here. Bad dude walks into a school with a_______________ name weapon of choice here. Starts killing and making demands! People are dying, and more are at extreme risk, at what point in this do you rub your head and say ok to the police having access to things that up till now you flat out refuse to allow? The longer you take to think out your reasoned answer, the more kids and staff are killed! Quickly now, you need to answer, life hangs in the answer you provide!!!!! Come on now, people are FREEKIN OUT at the sights and sounds coming out of that school man, and LEO hands are tied because you don't want them to have the tools needed to do something to put a stop to this! Unfortunately this has already happened, and our LEO didn't have the tools they needed, and people died! Blood is on the hands of every one who cried out STOP, do not allow our Police to have certain tools so they can do a better job in the face of this new world we live in! The time it took you to read this, 12 kids were killed, and the time it takes to answer the questions I pose to you 12 more will die! What is your reasoned answer?

Then let me read carefully for your question since you wove an astounding tapestry of pitholes, you believe.

Then I realized I answered your question... that I wouldn't bind the hands of LEOs in the time of crisis, but outside the time of crisis, I would have reasonable debates about the tools they have. Did you just get me in some crazy loophole here? Your argument seems very strawman here.

We all train for this every day, right? With equal responding force. With a rifle.

I train often, in fact I'm training tomorrow morning with pistol and rifle drills at steel silhouettes. But I'm not a cop nor do I pretend to be one on TV. And 99% of "US" don't train at all. We rely on 911 and LEO's to protect and serve.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top