JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the guy opened fire on a responding Sherwood officer...
<broken link removed>

I find it interesting that some gun owners would criticize the police response to a guy shooting his gun in public.

My mistake, truck was a late model DODGE. (They all look the same nowadays)

^i hope my comments were not viewed as critical of the police or their response- just running through possible scenarios from a person whos never had to make decisions required in a LE or combat situation.

Last Edited:
<broken link removed>

I find it interesting that some gun owners would criticize the police response to a guy shooting his gun in public.

Ok - that article said it was SFR and RRR - which is actually just inside the growth boundary for Beaverton/Progress, several miles from Sherwood. I drive thru there twice daily coming from/to Scholls and have been thru there regularly since I was a toddler - my grandfather briefly farmed one of the fields there (catty corner to the new HS) decades ago. I grew up here. So I am very familiar with the area.

I imagine they were very worried about the school kids - I would be. There are actually two schools in that area if I remember right - the new HS and one a little couple more blocks towards Beaverton. There are now a LOT of kids walking those sidewalks.

<broken link removed>

Its kind of interesting watching what's going on in America. Not to say that even 5% of gun owners are racist, but many have been pretty supportive to LEOs when it comes to community complaints by groups like BLM who say so and so was just minding his own business when he was gunned down by a cop.

The increased demonizing of gun owners and stories of SWATING, incidents like Ruby Ridge, the Bundy's and Jack Yantis's death have resulted in some awfully familiar cries for justice and criticism of police.

Much like BLM.

<broken link removed>

I find it interesting as well. Shots were fired, SWAT was brought in and the guy kept going. This didn't just happen over the course of a few minutes fellas. It takes time to mobilize SWAT and bring in the APC. The suspect had PLENTY of time to just get out of his truck and talk to LEO. Instead he keeps driving recklessly and plays chicken with the APC.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

^i hope my comments were not viewed as critical of the police or their response- just running through possible scenarios from a person whos never had to make decisions required in a LE or combat situation.
no, not you... other comments above.

So that later article mentioned that this took place over several hours, from about 1 to 3 PM.

Also, a number of witnesses state they heard multiple shots over that period of time?

So a two hour "standoff" with an armed man firing shots and driving dangerously without regard to others safety. They bring in an APC and he just keeps going instead of stopping the truck and getting out with his hands up. And some here want to question the response of LEO's. :rolleyes:

A quick google search on the deceased's unusual name indicates he was popped for DUI and reckless driving in the past. From the degree of idiocy displayed, I can't help but wonder if this jackass was up to his old tricks. Good work by the responding officer's in putting an end to this craziness.

So a two hour "standoff" with an armed man firing shots and driving dangerously without regard to others safety. They bring in an APC and he just keeps going instead of stopping the truck and getting out with his hands up. And some here want to question the response of LEO's. :rolleyes:
well there not the ones who have to go out there and try to diffuse a situation with a deranged man shooting at them. Gun owners can be an interesting lot, we demand we have rights to own military pattern weapons, body armor.. heck we can even buy our own armored cars like the one used, but the cops better not use anything like that suddenly they are being militarized.

well there not the ones who have to go out there and try to diffuse a situation with a deranged man shooting at them. Gun owners can be an interesting lot, we demand we have rights to own military pattern weapons, body armor.. heck we can even buy our own armored cars like the one used, but the cops better not use anything like that suddenly they are being militarized.

I was just thinking that. Any one of us can buy an APC. I don't think that qualifies as "militarization" of our law enforcement agencies.

A quick google search on the deceased's unusual name indicates he was popped for DUI and reckless driving in the past. From the degree of idiocy displayed, I can't help but wonder if this jackass was up to his old tricks. Good work by the responding officer's in putting an end to this craziness.
but this time he was armed and shooting at responding cops. Who knows his story but he was obviously in a bad place in life while Im glad it ended without anyone innocent being killed its also sad to see someone reach the end of their rope and fall apart like that.

but this time he was armed and shooting at responding cops. Who knows his story but he was obviously in a bad place in life while Im glad it ended without anyone innocent being killed its also sad to see someone reach the end of their rope and fall apart like that.
Yep........let's legalize more drugs........I will be interested to see how his tox screen comes out.

I'm not the least bit sad for him. He had plenty of time to make the right choice but instead CHOSE to make the wrong one. I'm sad that he forced LEO's to make a tough decision to stop the threat. Now they have to live with that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top