JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He had plenty of time to make the right choice but instead CHOSE to make the wrong one.
I don't know his story to say he purposely chose to make a wrong choice. People reach the end of their ropes and at that point are not in their right minds.
and no, I'm not defending him... its life, people go down wrong paths but not everyone of them get to choose that path.

I don't know his story to say he purposely chose to make a wrong choice. People reach the end of their ropes and at that point are not in their right minds.
and no, I'm not defending him... its life, people go down wrong paths but not everyone of them get to choose that path.

I hear what you're saying. I just hate to see someone reach the end of their rope and then force LEO's to stop them.

Lol I just think it kinda funny the police had to chase down some crazy redneck in a 4X4 and have a shoot out on Roy Rodgers road what was Roy Rodgers horse name HEHEE OH THAT'S RIGHT IT'S NAME WAS TRIGGER

So a two hour "standoff" with an armed man firing shots and driving dangerously without regard to others safety. They bring in an APC and he just keeps going instead of stopping the truck and getting out with his hands up. And some here want to question the response of LEO's. :rolleyes:

That info was not available at the beginning. Which is why I stated the first vids only show a few minutes (if that) of the whole episode.

Yep........let's legalize more drugs........I will be interested to see how his tox screen comes out.

Not everybody who does drugs does crazy stuff, just as not everybody who drinks alcohol does crazy stuff.

The crazy stuff I did as a kid was done stone cold sober.

The same thing could be said about guns - he had a gun, he was apparently using it irresponsibly, let's ban guns because one guy did something crazy with a gun.:rolleyes:

That info was not available at the beginning. Which is why I stated the first vids only show a few minutes (if that) of the whole episode.
Just think if he would have gotten back on the hwy in that truck with a gun DRIVEING through town can you imagine the S#!+ STORM that would have came down on the police come on man they did what they had to do HAPPY TRAILS

This doesn't
Not everybody who does drugs does crazy stuff, just as not everybody who drinks alcohol does crazy stuff.

The same thing could be said about guns - he had a gun, he was apparently using it irresponsibly, let's ban guns because one guy did something crazy with a gun.:rolleyes:
This looks more like a meth freak out than anything but who knows we will see

Sorry for the long ramble...

On the topic of "militarization of the police"....
To me...its not so much the use of a armored car or certain firearms and tactics...
Its the visual of police in gear which looks like something the Army would use or items from a B grade science fiction movie...
Its the visual of a armored car driving past a burning building in Ferguson Missouri , or the line of law enforcement in full battle gear ( body armor , shields , batons etc... ) at any number of civil disturbances...
And the perceived notion that my local law enforcement agency considers me a enemy...
Granted that these visuals and notions are fed to me by a biased media...
These sights are still troubling to me.

Again for me its more of a feeling that I do not like knowing that these steps are necessary at times in America.
While never having served in law enforcement...I have used some of the very same items to "Cure what ails me"... So to speak while in the Army.
I have also been to places and in situations that are similar to what can be seen on the nightly news.
This intimate knowledge of just what a bullet will do to a car , a building or when striking human flesh and the inhuman agony that can cause...the sights , smell and sound of a armored car as it approaches your position...I am sure also plays a part in how I feel.

These thoughts are balanced by the ideas that :
At times and places those very items are extremely useful in saving peoples lives...
( Including those of law enforcement )
Any department worth its salt will no doubt spend time and money on the extra training in the use and deployment of special equipment...
Law enforcement does not really consider me the enemy...

Please note that the above is not a slam or dig at law enforcement.
It is just a comment on what I think of when I read or hear of actions where a response of force is needed to be done by law enforcement.
I would rather have a well equipped and highly trained law enforcement department , with the thoughts that I have...than a ill equipped and poorly trained law enforcement department of no use to anyone.
Andy

That is true but the statistics show that 80% of people that do crazy criminal stuff are on drugs or alcohol.

Andy

Some do - some do not. There is, in LE, a definite "us vs. them" attitude that is prevalent to one degree or another. Ask any LEO and if they are truthful and not trying to be PC, they will admit to it.

I don't blame them (I used to be a fed LEO of sorts - a boarding officer in the USCG, I was technically a LEO, worked with DEA, Customs and local LE at times), they have to deal much of the time with criminals.

Who I do blame are politicians/et. al. who do treat the populace as an "enemy" - i.e., as someone who is to be controlled and who may at any time threaten their powerbase.

Andy, I appreciate your comments about the "visuals" We have been dealing with them as a society since the advent of mass media in the early 1800's and more so since the invention of the camera. The visuals of military troops clearing the war pension protesters camp in Washington DC in the 30's comes to mind but it goes back to drawings in dime novels and photos by Matthew Brady in the Civil War. I think it is all a case of not wanting to see how the sausage is made. Humans have always had to do unpleasant ugly things to maintain or regain order. It is simply a truth of life. Even nature has ugly tragic occurrences that are difficult to observe. Have you ever seen an elk calf taken down by wolves......pretty ugly emotional stuff but the wolf is simply making a living.

And 80% of the people who murder people with guns, have guns. Must be the guns right?
perfect example of why drug users should be banned from owning firearms. The danger in life originates in the human mind not an inanimate machine or tool.

Last Edited:
Sorry for the long ramble...

On the topic of "militarization of the police"....
To me...its not so much the use of a armored car or certain firearms and tactics...
Its the visual of police in gear which looks like something the Army would use or items from a B grade science fiction movie...
Its the visual of a armored car driving past a burning building in Ferguson Missouri , or the line of law enforcement in full battle gear ( body armor , shields , batons etc... ) at any number of civil disturbances...
And the perceived notion that my local law enforcement agency considers me a enemy...
Granted that these visuals and notions are fed to me by a biased media...
These sights are still troubling to me.

Again for me its more of a feeling that I do not like knowing that these steps are necessary at times in America.
While never having served in law enforcement...I have used some of the very same items to "Cure what ails me"... So to speak while in the Army.
I have also been to places and in situations that are similar to what can be seen on the nightly news.
This intimate knowledge of just what a bullet will do to a car , a building or when striking human flesh and the inhuman agony that can cause...the sights , smell and sound of a armored car as it approaches your position...I am sure also plays a part in how I feel.

These thoughts are balanced by the ideas that :
At times and places those very items are extremely useful in saving peoples lives...
( including those of law enforcement )
Any department worth its salt will no doubt spend time and money on the extra training in the use and deployment of special equipment...

Please note that the above is not a slam or dig at law enforcement.
It is just a comment on what I think of when I read or hear of actions where a response of force is needed to be done by law enforcement.
I would rather have a well equipped and highly trained law enforcement department , with the thoughts that I have...than a ill equipped and poorly trained law enforcement department of no use to anyone.
Andy

I totally see what you're saying. I think its sad things have degraded to this point. Whether its substances, mental health, sociopaths, etc., we've gotten to the point where people snap.

At the same time, I also think about what it was like to do the job in a starched, pressed uniform with shined insignia and boots. It was totally impractical. Professional, yes. Practical, no. And it was expensive and time consuming.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top