JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No one is really arguing against this are they?
I see a lot of people employing and endorsing the use of Ar pistols/sbr's in pistol calibers for home defense and "truck guns". So yes, by their actions they are. I'll say it again as I have many times in these forums, If you are going to employ a weapon the size and weight of an Ar pistol or sbr in these roles, make it rifle caliber.

I see a lot of people employing and endorsing the use of Ar pistols/sbr's in pistol calibers for home defense and "truck guns". So yes, by their actions they are. I'll say it again as I have many times in these forums, If you are going to employ a weapon the size and weight of an Ar pistol or sbr in these roles, make it rifle caliber.
The one thing that scares me about using a shorty AR is the blast. I had no idea just how loud those damn things are indoors till the first time I was next to one. I shoot with both foam inside and muff's at the indoor. Guy next to me one day was shooting and I thought he had to be shooting some kind of cannon. Noise was really over the top. Then I noticed the .223 brass and could not understand why the hell it was so damn loud, until I saw it was just a very short tube. I really have to wonder what that would be like in a house??

The one thing that scares me about using a shorty AR is the blast. I had no idea just how loud those damn things are indoors till the first time I was next to one. I shoot with both foam inside and muff's at the indoor. Guy next to me one day was shooting and I thought he had to be shooting some kind of cannon. Noise was really over the top. Then I noticed the .223 brass and could not understand why the hell it was so damn loud, until I saw it was just a very short tube. I really have to wonder what that would be like in a house??
The flash is easily tamed with the correct muzzle device but the sound will be ear splitting and some hearing loss would probably result. Electronic earmuffs or better yet a suppressor is the answer. Also remember it is always better behind the gun than along side it.

Last Edited:
This is why I'm about to trade my G17 for a Springfield 45 today

Think again... J/K :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

93703D7A-A2E2-4286-A6B4-BC7DD4C9AA2A.jpeg

I saw this when I got to work and thought here is another one like I have been talking about. Another drug zombie. It is stuff like this makes me want to invest in a 17 round 10mm :D
It is scary how many of these video's are out there now showing just how hard it can be to drop one of these nut jobs.
As for the LEO, damn. He is lucky the scum did not have a knife. Probably needed to put one in the guys brain:confused:

I train religiously with putting 2 in center mass and 1 in the cranium. It's the only way to be sure all bases are covered.

Frankly i am not sure a 45 would have been much better !
I once saw a small buck absorb a square hit from a 300 win and run in a huge circle absorbing several more hits from a 270 and a .308 before he finally fell. The buck weighed about 120 lbs. And he kept up with the does he was with for a good 400 yards, before he slowed down !. That deputy has my sympathy, That would be a hard memory to live with. ...tj
PS
And the guy talking is a sick SOB, that's what he likes to see ?

That buck probably ate some magic mushrooms.

I am sure some group is going to dox the driver taking the video, encouraging the officer to shoot the guy and enjoying the aftermath. Not!
This goes down as a "win" in certain circles. But what I want to know is why our White leaders have not been yet interviewed on CNN and why this man's funeral was not on five networks. I mean the cop should have shot him in the kneecap.

Yep and I'll take 10 from a 45 over 17 from a 9, actually tough choice. Good video though. I'd have sent 1 through his forehead zombie style and saved my ammo at a buck a round.
Actually this is a pretty good example of when training kicks in and you just respond. This officer looks like he's been around. Plug center mass until threat stops moving and begins twitching on the ground.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top