JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only ONE SHOT STOP is to the brain.

Practice the "Failure Drill"
Two Quick rounds to COM and access "failure to stop"!
One to the head! If the threat continues!

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Practice the Mozambique drill, two center of mass, one to the head. Repeat as necessary until the threat has been eliminated.

it pays to practice this drill, whether in paper or steel. Practice unit it becomes a natural flow. Then if a deadly encounter occurs, training and muscle memory will come to the rescue

Practice the Mozambique drill, two center of mass, one to the head. Repeat as necessary until the threat has been eliminated.

it pays to practice this drill, whether in paper or steel. Practice unit it becomes a natural flow. Then if a deadly encounter occurs, training and muscle memory will come to the rescue

If I have to "repeat as necessary" then I'm either shooting blanks or shooting zombies. :D

Just cause someone is shot in the head/brain does not guarantee a stop or neutralizing hit. Your odds are much better but the human body can do amazing things. The closest thing to a guarantee is a shot placed in the T box resulting in damage to the brain stem.

PCP. That is some scary bubblegum.
Many if not most, who have never had to go hands on with someone who is high on some of the worst stuff, or the best one. Where they have mental health issues and are taking stuff? It can be amazing to be part of. Some times some little, skinny, scrawny, weigh less than half what I do, often female, can take 6 guys to get control of. They are like fighting with some kind of wild animal because it their fogged brain they are fighting for their life. They will try to bite, kick, claw, and seem to have strength of someone who works out heavy at the gym daily. Have some that after we get them restrained I at times expect to see them break the damn things they will fight so hard until drugged into submission.
If one of these kind has a weapon? All bets are off.

Aside from Mike Rousseau and John Wick , I would challege anyone to produce a single documented case, let alone mujltiple cases, where the Mozambique drill was used in an actual shooting. For all the talk and alleged training you'd think there would be a few. This is one of those things that sounds good on paper and in theory but when thrown into reality, its really not.

Having some experience at "shooting when it really matters"....
In many cases....I needed to take the shot that was offered...and not the ones I practiced with.

Just something to consider here :
The threat will not play by your rules...
Or care about your level or type of training...
But , quite possibly , do whatever it takes for him to survive and not you.

Be sure its a "good shoot"...do what you need to do , to survive , and have no regrets.
Andy

Aside from Mike Rousseau and John Wick , I would challege anyone to produce a single documented case, let alone mujltiple cases, where the Mozambique drill was used in an actual shooting. For all the talk and alleged training you'd think there would be a few. This is one of those things that sounds good on paper and in theory but when thrown into reality, its really not.
Of course it's based on theory, but it's based on ER reports and actual shootings by law enforcement and military. Probably why it is taught at academies throughout the US and in the military. Until you can produce something better I'm pretty sure it will continue to be taught.

Smiles,

I think you better check your owners manual before you run out and buy any. I know it would negate the warranty on my S&W Shield! I'd be concerned it would damage my pistol, and due to the type of damage the engineers would know that excessive pressures were the culprit. I'd only fire it in a gun rated for +P+. My two pennies worth. :s0001:
Gabby

Why, do you want some?

A whole cocktail of the junk available to the freaks on the streets. That our Oregon powers that be are making legal.

Name your poisons and snort shoot up and swallow to your little brains content, until you have no idea whether you are coming or going and could really care less. Those are the people who are completely out of control when the wrong stimulus sets them off.
They often feel no pain and as a result have no concern whether they are over taxing their bodies which gives them great power against people who are normal, and feeling pain which automatically tells your body to preserve itself!
Getcha some! DA'z then tell us how much you enjoyed it, but be sure and tell us how you felt the next morning in jail.:s0027:
Gabby

I think you better check your owners manual before you run out and buy any. I know it would negate the warranty on my S&W Shield! I'd be concerned it would damage my pistol, and due to the type of damage the engineers would know that excessive pressures were the culprit. I'd only fire it in a gun rated for +P+. My two pennies worth. :s0001:
Gabby
Definitely worth considering, thank you for the reminder.

CZ Handguns

Glock Handguns

S&W Handguns

Underwood Ammo 9mm +P

Last Edited:
Gabby
9mm NATO is "+p+". Me, if it's close to a duty sized gun, it better be able to shoot NATO ball.

After seeing all the test results for Federal HST in all bullet weights, I see no real reason to subject my valuable firearms to questionable pressures, just so my testosterone levels get a kick I'm macho man I shoot the most powerful ammo available out of my little EDC. That's the little brain telling the big brain what to do.Think about it.
I would like to hear from an armorer as to whether or not the NATO 9mm is +P+ or not. I can't imagine the military having to have special pistols made just to shoot such ammo. I seem to recall something about such ammo for carbines.
Anybody, know for sure?
Gabby

After seeing all the test results for Federal HST in all bullet weights, I see no real reason to subject my valuable firearms to questionable pressures, just so my testosterone levels get a kick I'm macho man I shoot the most powerful ammo available out of my little EDC. That's the little brain telling the big brain what to do.Think about it.
I would like to hear from an armorer as to whether or not the NATO 9mm is +P+ or not. I can't imagine the military having to have special pistols made just to shoot such ammo. I seem to recall something about such ammo for carbines.
Anybody, know for sure?
Gabby
Just about all European ammo is loaded to higher pressure than ammo made in the US. They don't follow SAAMI.

NATO standard
Its official nomenclature among NATO members is "9 mm NATO".
The service pressure Pmax of the 9 mm NATO is rated at 252 MPa (36,500 psi) where CIP rates the 9 mm Luger Pmax somewhat lower at 235 MPa (34,100 psi).
Maximum pressure: 280 MPa (41,000 psi)

The SAAMI pressure limit for the 9×19 mm Parabellum is set at 241.32 MPa (35,001 psi) piezo pressure. The SAAMI pressure limit for the 9×19 mm Parabellum +P is set at 265.45 MPa (38,500 psi) piezo pressure.
Maximum pressure: 280 MPa (41,000 psi)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads