JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW where are we meeting to riot to protest this miscarriage of justice and the systematic problems it represents? Prefer near an appliance store as my flatscreen has a couple dead pixels.

Zombie Lives Matter!

Although, technically zombies are undead...

Last Edited:
"For those of us carrying single-stack 9mm or .380 pistols, or .38 revolvers, the attacker here would have probably gone hands-on with you after you exhausted your 5, 6 or 7 rounds."

Maybe not. I would probably have started shooting around @ 00:06 with a couple to the pelvic girdle followed by more to the chest and head. Like I said MAYBE not. Not trying to sound like a keyboard kommando here. I realize that this suggested course of action might not have done much better, but with limited rounds on hand just continuing to use shot placement that hasn't worked so far is a poor option. The cop waited a lot longer than I would have. Whether or not he could run to the mailbox is completely irrelevant. Going full contact with a bullet sponge allows him to contend with you for possession of the gun.
I agree with the videographer's comment, i.e. "Shoot his azz." I was saying the same thing. The perp had just indicated that that he was not behaving rationally and constituted a danger to publick safety.

I don't think this video proves anything about how many rounds it took to stop this guy because we don't know which round stopped him. Maybe it was the first one or two, and the guy would have been stopped exactly as fast if cop had shot only once or twice. (Not suggesting cop should have stopped shooting after one or two. Obviously not.)

We already know that reliable instant incapacitation usually requires a brain or central nervous system shot. Whether a creature ceases an attack instantly when shot through lungs/heart appears to depend on species, individual, and circumstances (drugs, intention to commit suicide, etc) When bad guy is that close and has a huge heavy stick or club or knife or gun, what cop needed to do to save himself was instantly incapacitate the bad guy by shooting him in the head. One or 12 or even 20 center mass shots aren't necessarily adequate because bad guy can continue functioning long enough to kill cop. Deer shot through heart with high powered rifle frequently run 100 yards before collapsing, even if heart is totally mangled.

My SD drills involve first shot to head, subsequent shots to chest (actually oriented to penetrate through heart/lungs and hit spine, not 'center-mass'.) Especially relevant these days given bad guy might be wearing body armor. Or on drugs.

Sometimes I wonder, at what shot placement do they want to say I executed my attacker. Had I went full zombie forehead first shot , dropped him on the spot. Are they gonna say I executed him.

Typical LEO's/Military are taught to shoot center mass. Well not just taught, drilled and drilled to always shoot center mass. Hard to undo that training in the field under stress.

It also plays better in court if you shoot center mass and are able to articulate that you only kept shooting until you stopped the bad guy. Hard to say that when you put one right between the eyes.

I don't think this video proves anything about how many rounds it took to stop this guy because we don't know which round stopped him. Maybe it was the first one or two, and the guy would have been stopped exactly as fast if cop had shot only once or twice. (Not suggesting cop should have stopped shooting after one or two. Obviously not.)

We already know that reliable instant incapacitation usually requires a brain or central nervous system shot. Whether a creature ceases an attack instantly when shot through lungs/heart appears to depend on species, individual, and circumstances (drugs, intention to commit suicide, etc) When bad guy is that close and has a huge heavy stick or club or knife or gun, what cop needed to do to save himself was instantly incapacitate the bad guy by shooting him in the head. One or 12 or even 20 center mass shots aren't necessarily adequate because bad guy can continue functioning long enough to kill cop. Deer shot through heart with high powered rifle frequently run 100 yards before collapsing, even if heart is totally mangled.

My SD drills involve first shot to head, subsequent shots to chest (actually oriented to penetrate through heart/lungs and hit spine, not 'center-mass'.) Especially relevant these days given bad guy might be wearing body armor. Or on drugs.

The video isn't to prove how many to stop. The video is a rebuttal to the "Did you have to shoot them so many times" argument that is often brought up in any SD shooting. Those of us that are invested in effective defense often advocate for "shoot to stop". Other people who judge a shooter's actions are basing their opinions on movies.

Typical LEO's/Military are taught to shoot center mass. Well not just taught, drilled and drilled to always shoot center mass. Hard to undo that training in the field under stress.

It also plays better in court if you shoot center mass and are able to articulate that you only kept shooting until you stopped the bad guy. Hard to say that when you put one right between the eyes.

Our training now incorporates head/joints. Our qualification course now requires head shots.

Informational factoid appreciated by the non-LEOs (at least this one).

Thank You.

Another thing we do is force-on-force training where instructors in the padded suit will sometimes go down, and sometimes not go down, depending on the hits. So, you may end up going hands on even after the instructor has been shot and mortally wounded.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top