JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Life lessons from this video:

#1) Should have shot him in the head.
#2) He was one handing that gun at times while shooting (KEEP BOTH HANDS ON YOUR GUN!)
#3) 45ACP >9mm...9mm is a pussy round.

back in the good ol days of southern California i can remember one case where a 300lb dude ran from the cops
was shot at least 19 times and it still took 9 cops to take him down, PCP was his drug of choice.

Oh man this video is wild. After watching several times I personally think it's a bad shoot. If that officer took a little better care of himself he could have easily beat the living tar out of that guy without drawing on him.

Which would be the opposite of how the courts view these things. It's not how a person could have been better, its if their actions were reasonable given the actual circumstances. The deceased had just used his car to ram into other drivers. That's not normal behavior. He then starts to go after people once he's on foot. He was tased andtaser did nothing to him.

Knowing all of that, is that the guy you decide to go hands-on with?

Which would be the opposite of how the courts view these things. It's not how a person could have been better, its if their actions were reasonable given the actual circumstances. The deceased had just used his car to ram into other drivers. That's not normal behavior. He then starts to go after people once he's on foot. He was tased andtaser did nothing to him.

Knowing all of that, is that the guy you decide to go hands-on with?

Point well taken. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm more interested in thinking about myself — I don't care much what this cop did, although I do still think that's a bad shoot even though like you say my POV might not be inline with a court. I get that it may be interpeted as legal, but just because something is legal (or not), doesn't mean it is right — or wrong.

Personally, knowing what you said, I personally would expect myself to go after him — but I can run to my mailbox and back just fine and I don't think the officer in the video has much chance of that level of fitness.

Point well taken. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm more interested in thinking about myself — I don't care much what this cop did, although I do still think that's a bad shoot even though like you say my POV might not be inline with a court. I get that it may be interpeted as legal, but just because something is legal (or not), doesn't mean it is right — or wrong.

Personally, knowing what you said, I personally would expect myself to go after him — but I can run to my mailbox and back just fine and I don't think the officer in the video has much chance of that level of fitness.

One thing I've figured out is if someone is already doing damage, rising to their level can be pretty difficult. It would be ill advised to try to go hand on with someone who was just crashing his car into people and wasn't incapacitated by 50k volts.

Hi Cate!!

Completely agree about being service/volunteer minded. I started with volunteering to fight brush fires in S Cal in my late teens. Was a local pool lifeguard. Went on to SAR in the USCG, then working with first responders, then helped home buyers evaluate homes, then Lifeflight volunteer and became employee/representative. During those times, I was also president of a local Lions Club, a member of two different Rotary clubs, and a Habitat for Humanity worker and board member. The service life is a mindset and love of helping others.

I know people that won't stop for accidents. That doesn't work for me... I've run across 4 lanes of freeway traffic to get to accident victims prior to first responders arriving and AFTER my wife told me not to go. Must ACT!

Coast Guard creed of the rescue swimmer: "So Others May Live"

Hello,

You remind me of many things that my late husband and I were involved in even if they were not exactly the same .orgs.

Too much to say so I will not. LOL

Take care!

Cate

That is also a reason why I never understood or got into the pistol caliber carbines. Why take a carbine designed for a much more effective round and neuter it with low powered pistol rounds? It essentially makes the worst of both worlds: You don't have the mobility of a pistol or the power of a carbine.

Funny that you should say this. My MT husband would agree with you here.

Even though my MT husband and I USED to own, shot and ENJOYED some beautiful, sweet, tack driving, CF pistol caliber rifles that SHARED ammunition with some very specific handguns - s/a and d/a revolvers in various calibers... he said that when IT came down to it... he would still CHOOSE his larger caliber CF rifles in 30-30, 45-70 and 30-06. He does own a .223 bolt action rifle too. This is when he downsized and consolidated some more firearm calibers before and after his retirement.

Our main pistol caliber rifles were in 357Magnum and 45Long Colt and in various top brands. Former handguns and rifles. We do not own any firearms in those calibers now.

We thought about getting a 44Magnum lever action rifle to match some former S&W Model 29s too. We never did buy one.

He used to own other CF caliber rifles in the past too.

He carries a 45acp pistol 95% of the time too. When he is working out at the gym - he carries a pocket pistol in 22lr.

Many years ago, I thought about buying a 9mm semi automatic rifle but I did not buy one. I thought that it would be a sweet companion to my first Glock pistol.

Old Lady Cate

back in the good ol days of southern California i can remember one case where a 300lb dude ran from the cops
was shot at least 19 times and it still took 9 cops to take him down, PCP was his drug of choice.

I remember some stories like that too.

Cate

With a noticeable lack of cartridge-firing handguns here in mainland UK, the resurgence of the lever action rifle and carbine has led to a whole new look at short-range competitive shooting sports. So the .357 and .44 lever-action guns are incredibly popular, especially in view of the fact that you can load a .38Special spec load in a .357calibre gun and the same for a .44 Magnum. You can learn to become very fast, VERY fast, with a bit of training and continual use, and I personally would not hesitate to take either calibre to a close-up and personal gunfight like this one was. You can unload a LOT of 240gr JHPs over a 24gr of 2400 charge in VERY short order, and those suckers are really going to sting - especially at hip level.

For a definitive put-downer, try the Marlin - either in .444 Marlin, or good old .45-70 Govt. Three or four rounds of either across the pelvis is going to slow down even the most determined stick-wielder, I reckon.

Mind you, so would a 12g slug. :)

With a noticeable lack of cartridge-firing handguns here in mainland UK, the resurgence of the lever action rifle and carbine has led to a whole new look at short-range competitive shooting sports. So the .357 and .44 lever-action guns are incredibly popular, especially in view of the fact that you can load a .38Special spec load in a .357calibre gun and the same for a .44 Magnum. You can learn to become very fast, VERY fast, with a bit of training and continual use, and I personally would not hesitate to take either calibre to a close-up and personal gunfight like this one was. You can unload a LOT of 240gr JHPs over a 24gr of 2400 charge in VERY short order, and those suckers are really going to sting - especially at hip level.

For a definitive put-downer, try the Marlin - either in .444 Marlin, or good old .45-70 Govt. Three or four rounds of either across the pelvis is going to slow down even the most determined stick-wielder, I reckon.

Mind you, so would a 12g slug. :)
I miss TNoutdoors9.. his videos are the best.

How many shots / hits does it take ?
As many as is needed.

I have seen men stop with what would be considered as " light wounds" / "lightly wounded" or even without being hit.
Other men have continued fighting with wounds that I thought would have stopped them or killed them outright.
Never underestimate the will to live.

Use whatever firearm and caliber / gauge that you shoot best with and continue to defend yourself until the threat stops or is gone.
Note that " defend yourself " does not only include shooting.
Moving and avoidance is also a large part of defense.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads