JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys.

I love my 365s, most especially the 365 XL. which I'm coming to believe is the world's greatest CCW pistol. ever..

But the 43X is a worthy competitor to the 365 series. This coming from the world's biggest SIG fan boy.

Again, not a Glock guy

+1 on trying out the Glock 48. The longer barrel and slide make it a little easier to shoot but conceals well and is priced well. Still not my favorite gun to shoot, but definitely one of the slimmer and easier guns to CC. I don't like really short barrels though.

Always carried glock 19 or 26 but as my job duties changed I switched to a kahr P9 due to better concealability Love the kahr as it conceals and shoots well but fast follow up shots take a lot of discipline with the long trigger reset. The Glock 43x is pretty close to the size of the p9 with 3 more rounds of capacity, so I am hoping it is a good solution as I have one incoming.

I just bought a 48 because I already owned a 43. I can mix and match the upper/lower and have 4 configurations that way from the 43, 43x, 48 and... 43L? That last one I don't see me using a lot but the modularity got me interested.

Fwiw, I find the 48 to be much, much more shootable, largely due to the grip

Rented and tried the P365 and didn't care for it at all. Not knocking them just not my cup of te.
The p365 or the P365X macro. Cause I also do like the P365 or the P365XL. I do like the macro though. Huge difference to me.

It like shooting a Glock 26 vs a Glock 19x/45. I hate the 26 but love the 45 or 17.

I just bought a 48 because I already owned a 43. I can mix and match the upper/lower and have 4 configurations that way from the 43, 43x, 48 and... 43L? That last one I don't see me using a lot but the modularity got me interested.

Fwiw, I find the 48 to be much, much more shootable, largely due to the grip
The 48 offers more than the 43x IMO. I really like mine.

The only difference is slide/barrel length correct? Longer sight radius and better balance maybe?
Correct. Height and width are the same. The slides are completely interchangeable. The longer sight radius and slide make it easier to shoot (in most people's opinion at least).

G43X
Barrel Length: 3.41″
Overall Length: 6.50″
Loaded Weight: 23.07 oz

G48
Barrel Length: 4.17″
Overall Length: 7.28″
Loaded Weight: 25.12 oz

I think he means in versatility. Both guns are very small and easy to CC, but the 48 is more accurate and more comfortable to shoot for most people. The 43x is just smaller making it a little easier to CC, but past that doesn't offer any advantages over the 48 IMO.

Last Edited:
Correct. Height and width are the same. The slides are completely interchangeable. The longer sight radius and slide make it easier to shoot (in most people's opinion at least).

G43X
Barrel Length: 3.41″
Overall Length: 6.50″
Loaded Weight: 23.07 oz

G48
Barrel Length: 4.17″
Overall Length: 7.28″
Loaded Weight: 25.12 oz

I think he means in versatility. Both guns are very small and easy to CC, but the 48 is more accurate and more comfortable to shoot for most people. The 43x is just smaller making it a little easier to CC, but past that doesn't offer any advantages over the 48 IMO.
Put a MRDS on the G43X and longer slide/sight radius advantage goes away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top