JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, just asking this question because I really enjoyed garnering information and educating myself on different firearms. I currently have the 43X just curious what everyone else thinks when it comes to choosing one of the three. I've already done one thread on here about the 43X and the 48 but I added the Shield Plus to this one. I shoot that M&P's better than the Glocks but I have more trigger time on the M&P's versus the Glocks. I also have the brand new MNP 2.0 compact optic ready. I love that thing and I should have very well. Thank you in advance for all the comments.

Everyone is different. I enjoy m&p pistols more than Glocks, however that does NOT include the shield in any form. It's simultaneously too big and too small for me. Hard pass. But I'll happily take an m&p9c

Again, if you're going to go with a long grip like the 43x/48 have, just step up to a 19 sized gun.

I'd go for the M&Pc 9. I've got two M&P 2.0 compacts. One is the optics ready with the flat faced trigger. I'd have zero problem trading the other compact in on a M&Pc

OK, just asking this question because I really enjoyed garnering information and educating myself on different firearms. I currently have the 43X just curious what everyone else thinks when it comes to choosing one of the three. I've already done one thread on here about the 43X and the 48 but I added the Shield Plus to this one. I shoot that M&P's better than the Glocks but I have more trigger time on the M&P's versus the Glocks. I also have the brand new MNP 2.0 compact optic ready. I love that thing and I should have very well. Thank you in advance for all the comments.
I have settled on the Shield Plus OR, after trying the Sig 365, G48, G43X, Hellcat and few others. I simply shot it the best, and the magazine capacity was a big factor. However, I would suggest trying as many prospective guns as possible before deciding.

I'd go M&P all the way but I'm a big M&P fan. Plus Glocks are ugly. We're talking red headed stepchild ugly. We're talking shh...err...crap-house door off a tuna boat ugly. We're talking U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly...yo mama says you're UGLY! :)

But in all seriousness, go to range and rent each one. You'll sort out more in 30 minutes than anything any of us can tell you. Plus it will be fun. And really, NEVER buy a small gun without shooting it first. Many can be downright unpleasant to shoot...even in 9mm.

I'd go M&P all the way but I'm a big M&P fan. Plus Glocks are ugly. We're talking red headed stepchild ugly. We're talking shh...err...crap-house door off a tuna boat ugly. We're talking U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly...yo mama says you're UGLY! :)

But in all seriousness, go to range and rent each one. You'll sort out more in 30 minutes than anything any of us can tell you. Plus it will be fun. And really, NEVER buy a small gun without shooting it first. Many can be downright unpleasant to shoot...even in 9mm.
My last trip to the indoor range I go to I rented the standard Shield Plus. I shot it very well. Still struggle with my 43X. And that was the very first time shooting the Shield Plus. That one had the new flatty trigger.

I have settled on the Shield Plus OR, after trying the Sig 365, G48, G43X, Hellcat and few others. I simply shot it the best, and the magazine capacity was a big factor. However, I would suggest trying as many prospective guns as possible before deciding.
Rented a Shield Plus and shot it very well. My 43X not well at all.

1709969072628.png

48 slide with the Dagger micro. same size as the M&p 9 but thinner and the micro dagger mags are 15rds. vs the shield plus 13rd. Micro dagger frame conceals really well , better than the G48/43x AND you don't have to do the metal mag release with the micro dagger mags like with shield arms brand mags

Sig p365xl.

The Modular Fire Control Unit means that grips, slides and magazines can go from a 3.1" 10 round upto a 3.7" 17 round size. You can even run the 380acp slide on the same grip with 9mm magazines. I use the 12 round 380 magazines in an xl grip for a soft shooting compact carry.

Sig p365xl.

The Modular Fire Control Unit means that grips, slides and magazines can go from a 3.1" 10 round upto a 3.7" 17 round size. You can even run the 380acp slide on the same grip with 9mm magazines. I use the 12 round 380 magazines in an xl grip for a soft shooting compact carry.
I've rented and shot the Sig P series didn't care for them.

I perceive this is another askhole thread, but here goes….

I have a G30, a G19.3, a G19.4, a G43, and a G43X with Shield Arms 15rd mags which is barely larger than the G43 w/ +1 finger extension…. I now EDC the 43X (w/15rd SA mags) more than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top