JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife carries one with a Lasermax Gripsense light/green laser and loves it. She shoots it really well, no recoil issues at all. Her lady baby wrists got some steel in 'em!

Hey, I bought the 43x and my daily carry and it was almost an instant regret. I feel like it's too snappy for my taste
I also had one and sold it. It did sting a little, which I don't mind in a range gun, but I did not see any advantage over the Glock 19 for personal protection. Especially since its the grip that prints the most.

Just carry the 19…. Or even better, buy a 17 and carry that.
The Glock 19 is faster and more accurate than the 43x. And the Glock 17 is even better. Agreed on both points.

I also had one and sold it. It did sting a little, which I don't mind in a range gun, but I did not see any advantage over the Glock 19 for personal protection. Especially since its the grip that prints the most.

The Glock 19 is faster and more accurate than the 43x. And the Glock 17 is even better. Agreed on both points.
I'd pass on the 43x. If one is buying it strictly for "114" cause they want to obey a mag restriction (to each their own) I'd go with the 48 over the 43x.

Personally it's 2-3 17round mags for me. And I prefer a full size gun. The only exception is the P365x Macro which shoots/handles like a full size gun and still holds a standard amount of ammo.

Regarding magazines, if 114 stands you can count on all the.major manufacturers coming out with compliant 10-round magazines in short order.
Im not so certain because were the only mag ban state thats included mags that can be "readily modified".
The other mag ban states allow any mag as long as it cant hold over 10.
Huge diff. If 114 stands it will render a lot of guns magless.... "Legally".

if your buying if because of the pending mag ban, note any glock mag that can be extended falls under the ban.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with @Koda.

First, let me clarify that I do not support BM 114 and I believe, after studying it, that is incredibly flawed. But, I don't agree that it bans any 10-round OEM magazine that can be converted to 11+ rounds with a mag extension or swapping out the internal components.

Here is the actual language from BM114, as it relates to defining what a "large capacity magazine" is from Section 11-1-d.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, OR a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, ......

(Emphasis added by me.)

One could interpret this language as saying that ALL OEM, 10-round mags capable of receiving a mag extension or internals that would increase the capacity to 11+ rounds, are illegal because they could be modified. That interpretation would ban almost all Glock mags (except for Glock's proprietary, OEM, 10-round stack mags for full sized pistols, which are supposed to not work with a mag extension or an internal component swap). It would also ban probably 95% of all magazines manufactured.

But an equally reasonable interpretation, which sticks closer to the actual language of the law, would be that you're okay with an OEM 10-round mag IF it's not part of a "kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed or converted to accept, more than 10-rounds of ammunition".

A stand alone 10-round OEM mag is NOT part of a "kit with such parts", so it would NOT meet the legal definition of a "large capacity magazine" as provided by BM 114 (as quoted above). And the OEM's intent in manufacturing and selling that mag is that it has a 10-round capacity.

Now, if I'm walking around with a +round mag extension and/or spring and follower parts IN MY POCKET, while I'm carrying my CCW, I suppose it could be argued that I was in possession of a "large capacity magazine" since I was in possession of the KIT (the mag itself and the +round parts). Hence the insanity of this law.

Anyway, my point is that - even though this law is extremely flawed - I don't believe an OEM 10-round magazine BY ITSELF (even if it can be altered to accept more than 10-rounds) falls under the definition of a "large capacity magazine".

In the end, I know many folks don't care one way or the other. Even if the injunction is lifted and the law goes into effect, they'll carry as they always have. To each their own. Hopefully this law will be thrown out before it actually takes effect.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

Owning both a 19 and a 43X, my opinion is that it's not enough difference between the two to justify buying the 43X. Just buy a few G19 ten round mags and stay with your G19. The 43X is slimmer and a little lighter so it's snappy. Also you'll need to add new holster and mag carriers. I'm a hoarder myself so I had to have both but if you're not or it may be a financial strain, stick with what ya got.

Owning both a 19 and a 43X, my opinion is that it's not enough difference between the two to justify buying the 43X. Just buy a few G19 ten round mags and stay with your G19. The 43X is slimmer and a little lighter so it's snappy. Also you'll need to add new holster and mag carriers. I'm a hoarder myself so I had to have both but if you're not or it may be a financial strain, stick with what ya got.
Or just carry the 15 round mags….. nothing has even been decided on this joke of a bill yet.

I agree with you though. The 43x and 48 don't have enough of a benefit (size wise) to warrant a purchase. I've had both and sold both.

Edit-

If the OP has been carrying a G19 in the past and is only looking at a 43X to fall within the "law" in regards to mag capacity why wouldn't he/she just purchase 10 round OEM Glock compliant mags….. That way he/she doesn't have to buy another gun, holsters, mags, accessories, etc. unless this is just an excuse to buy another gun which I totally support.

Shoot and carry what you are proficient with.

The 43x or 48 are great. They work. They are a Glock so the dependability and set standard is there. I personally would buy a different gun but to each their own. Good luck with whatever route the OP chooses.

Last Edited:
I like my G48 and prefer the longer slide.

As far as Glock triggers......I think people that complain haven't shot much. 5.5lb trigger pull is quite "competitive" with other striker fired guns. If one is trying to compare a Glock trigger to a nice 1911 it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Loved the 43x and 48. Shot great. I owned many glocks over the years and for me this was the one to keep and carry. Better to carry than than 19 or 26. Had shield s15 mags for it. End up selling it because I don't like non OEM pistol mags. If 10rd only I'd go back to a 43X. For higher cap, 12-17 I went shield 365xl

I like my G48 and prefer the longer slide.

As far as Glock triggers......I think people that complain haven't shot much. 5.5lb trigger pull is quite "competitive" with other striker fired guns. If one is trying to compare a Glock trigger to a nice 1911 it's not an apples to apples comparison.
Just a little push back here ...

A good trigger is so much more than total weight. Crisp versus mushy, total pull distance (both to the wall and after the wall to break), gritty or smooth, reset distance and crispness, weight increase curve (does it increase linearly or stack) ... etc.

I don't know too many who have "shot much" and who have Glocks who have NOT replaced the OEM trigger. Like Glock sights, the crew I hang around with (and have over the years) pretty much consider Glock triggers and sights as simply "place holders" until something better can be installed.

I agree a comparison to a 1911 is not a fair comparison, but compare a Glock trigger to a CZ P10, any striker fired Walther, a box stock SIg, and FN etc. etc. and you will find most find the other triggers much better overall. From my experience, even a S&W or Springfield Armory trigger beat out a Glock.

But that's just me!

An after saying all the above ... the only two Glocks I still own have OEM triggers ... so what does that mean? <GRIN>

... other than I rarely shoot them I guess!

Cheers!

I own almost every model of Glock so I added a 43X MOS to the collection. Love it. Even with my big old hands it a pleasure to carry and shoot.

The only downside (and I didn't see this coming) was that you're stuck running the crappy TLR-6 if you want a Safariland ALS holster. They don't have one for the TLR-7 Sub, which is a far superior light, and they have no intention of covering that application. I have no idea why they left the better light outside of their ALS coverage.

Just a little push back here ...

A good trigger is so much more than total weight. Crisp versus mushy, total pull distance (both to the wall and after the wall to break), gritty or smooth, reset distance and crispness, weight increase curve (does it increase linearly or stack) ... etc.

I don't know too many who have "shot much" and who have Glocks who have NOT replaced the OEM trigger. Like Glock sights, the crew I hang around with (and have over the years) pretty much consider Glock triggers and sights as simply "place holders" until something better can be installed.

I agree a comparison to a 1911 is not a fair comparison, but compare a Glock trigger to a CZ P10, any striker fired Walther, a box stock SIg, and FN etc. etc. and you will find most find the other triggers much better overall. From my experience, even a S&W or Springfield Armory trigger beat out a Glock.

But that's just me!

An after saying all the above ... the only two Glocks I still own have OEM triggers ... so what does that mean? <GRIN>

... other than I rarely shoot them I guess!

Cheers!
I replaced one trigger and I regret it. As far as others, I agree that there are some good striker pulls out there for sure. I guess to me a stock Glock isn't as "bad" as people complain about. I've felt plenty of worse triggers but Glock certainly isn't amazing. I think it's just one more complaint on the Glock list of complaints that's exaggerated. Because it's Glock.

Oh and Glock factory sights suck nuts, 100%. :D

The M&P trigger is bad. The Glock, as far as striker fired pistols go, is pretty good in my experience. And repeatable model to model, generation to generation. That's part of what makes them so good. When you pick one up you know exactly what you're getting.

The 43x IMO is an excellent choice of you already have holsters for a 43. Otherwise, the 48 I'm sure is better in every way. I've been thinking about a 43x myself.

The way I read the text it said it banned any magazine that was "readily available" to accept over 10 rounds.
I would reads that as a mag that had a plug installed, limiting it to 10 rounds (or less), but that plug could be easily removed to allow full capacity of the mag.
A 6rd G43 mag suddenly illegal because the user might put an extension on it ?
No.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top