JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Having a tough time deciding on which one to get. I've got a 43X non MOS. I know there's virtually hardly any difference between the two. Except the barrel and slide length. I prefer the thinner profile compared to the G19. I've shot both and like them equally as well. Thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thank you!

The 43X will hide fractionally better being 3/4" shorter and 2 ounces lighter. Both will accept the Shield Arms s15 magazines for 15 rounds of capacity. Other than that it's a toss up.

An optic on the a 43X MOS will negate any sight radius benefit of the longer 48. Some shooters seem to find the longer barrel length more comfortable or cants out less when carrying aiwb. If you don't use an optic, the full size MOS Glock's have been shipping with plastic plate covers, not sure about new slim lines though. New firearm size may require new holster. If you like your current 43x, really can't go wrong with either.

Last Edited:
I've sort of batted around the options myself since I have a 43x and am considering going to a red dot. Here's what I've come up with:

a) Have the slide milled: Upside..red dot..price ($125)..shop is located in Redmond. Downside; limited optic options. For example Springer Precision states "(small slides) 43 43X 48 can only be milled for the RMRcc, Holosun K series, Shield RMS/c". Also no cover plate plus there's downtime. Here's a thread from a few days ago: Glock 43x Slide Mill

b) Buy a new slide. Expensive, but you could have a 48x MOS slide and still keep your 43x..$350

c) Sell your 43x..lets say $300-$350 and buy a new 43X MOS or 48MOS for $450. $100-$125 difference, but you'd have a stock OEM Glock. +1

If I go with a red dot, I'll go with option C. But I'm not there yet.

Nor am I, I'm going to take some formal training to work through my flaws which I'm sure there's many! Hopefully not. The indoor range I go to pretty much everyone carries some model of Glock. My compacts are M&P 2.0. But I prefer the 43X over the Shield Plus. Strange as that may sound! Thank you for the input'

Why don't you just get your regular 43x slide milled and call it a day? Way cheaper than buying a whole new gun

Also be aware the MOS versions come with a rail where the standard versions do not, I believe. That means your holster would have to change

Having a tough time deciding on which one to get. I've got a 43X non MOS. I know there's virtually hardly any difference between the two. Except the barrel and slide length. I prefer the thinner profile compared to the G19. I've shot both and like them equally as well. Thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thank you!
Watch the princess and the pea, have a shot of whiskey and then get that one.

Personally I don't trust the Shield Arms magazines and won't daily carry a mag that isn't OEM.

In regards to carrying them the 48 will probably conceal better due to the longer barrel and body mechanics pushing the grip into your body.

If you simply want an optic I would get something direct milled. Personally I avoid the MOS system entirely.

Good luck in your search!

Last Edited:
Here ya go!
1709597151079.jpeg

I have a P365 and 43XMOS. The 43X is bigger, but lighter even with a red dot sight. Both ride well on the hip and draw and reholster easily. I carry the 43X more because it is lighter and the red dot is easier for my tired old eyes to quickly pick up.

I had a MOS Glock, 48 and a non-MOS Glock 19. I traded those in to get back into the M&P 2.0 compacts. But that being said I have heard and read many many times everyone should own one Glock 19. I think I got hung up on the grip angle deal is why I couldn't shoot a Glock good when it all reality had nothing to do with that it was me because I never put in a lot of trigger time on a Glock.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews