JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All!

Was hoping for some advice on the topic of wallet carrying. I'm looking for something that can easily be carried in the back pocket of dress pants. I'm currently leaning towards and LCP II, but unsure on the holster though. I am certainly open to other firearm recommendations though! Anyone have any good experience with particular weapon/holster combos?

Many thanks!

Hello All!

Was hoping for some advice on the topic of wallet carrying. I'm looking for something that can easily be carried in the back pocket of dress pants. I'm currently leaning towards and LCP II, but unsure on the holster though. I am certainly open to other firearm recommendations though! Anyone have any good experience with particular weapon/holster combos?

Many thanks!
Have an LCPII and do love it.I use a pocket holster to carry that came with it. Lot of gun in a very small and light package

My wife has a Taurus 7xx mouse gun... can't honestly recommend the pistol, but the cheapo Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster works surprisingly well! Good concealment, easy to get on the grip to draw, and stays in the pocket on the draw.

My retired Marine buddy has a "Jackazz" wallet, with a derringer in it. Strictly a close in gun mind you. "Here ya go buddy, here's my wallet!!" You pull the entire wallet, stick your finger in the trigger hole, put the wallet against the perps heart, end of discussion!!!

IMG_3941.JPG IMG_3942.JPG

The "wallet holster" I believe you are describing that your retired Marine buddy has would be a no go for me as the ATF views it as an AOW.
Firearms Guide - Identification of Firearms - Section 9 | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

For my use I have used a Seecamp LWS 32 in a pocket holster since '85, as a backup or a deep cover when working for organizations that didn't need to know that I carried at work. The holster below does not fall into the AOW classification and is the same design that has served me for decades. In all the years of carrying it I was only asked about the second wallet bulge once, my response was that one was a checkbook and why the hel are you checking out my azz.
BearCreek_Mahog_w-Firearm_540px_1024x1024.jpg
:s0040:

Not sure what you're used to shooting. Perhaps "normal" sized pistols that accommodate a full-hand grip? If you decide to go with something smaller, as many here do for light weight and discrete conceal-ability, I would strongly recommend training/practice to handle that weapon comfortably. Unlike full-size pistols, tiny guns can be extra loud, jerky/snappy, sometimes present an indistinct sight picture, and be a handful (no pun intended) to recover on target in rapid fire.

If your pistol is not new to you, you surely know this already.

Mrs. Teflon, a competent shooter, doesn't like my EDC for all four of those reasons. So we did some research and were privileged to test fire a number of small pistols when she was selecting her own. Unlike those who assume that "cute little guns" are all gentle, quiet and easy to shoot, she quickly learned that many, even in smaller calibers, require extra range time and regular practice to master. Based on trying several, she chose something more in the mid-size range (still quite concealable) that she handles and shoots like an ace.

Last Edited:
Hello All!

Many thanks!

One thing to keep in mind when carrying in the back pocket is the Browning style mag release can be easily disengaged leaving you with a single shot, so a holster that has rigid protection in that area is a must or better yet one should stick with weapons like the Seecamp @edzz posted above with it's Euro style heel catch.

I was at an estate sale last summer and found a well used wallet holster with the trigger finger hole and after I told the daughter and son-in-law about the legalities involved, she said her Dad had carried it in his right hip pocket as long as she could remember.
It looked just like this.

21224216_146343122627534_8381470670592147456_n.jpg

I was at an estate sale last summer and found a well used wallet holster with the trigger finger hole and after I told the daughter and son-in-law about the legalities involved, she said her Dad had carried it in his right hip pocket as long as she could remember.

View attachment 567857
A mouse gun is definitely better than no gun. Some of these wallet holsters are really cool! :)

View attachment 567857

I sold one of those decades back, made by Desantis. Wife went through a BUNCH of trial and error when I met her and she started to carry. One day she came home with one of these. I told her they were VERY hard to use, she tried and it soon went in the junk box. Years later when the ATF decided they were an AOW I put it on Ebay. Clear warning to any that to use it legally you would have to buy a tax stamp. Bidding went crazy on it. I almost felt bad taking the winners money he paid so much. It was such a simple set up anyone could buy one of those old Tandy leather kits and just make 5 or them for what the guy paid. <shrug> Now later someone started making one that was legal. Don't know if they still do. It was made so the top of the slide was still in plain sight. The idea was would still break up the outline, allow the pistol to be fired while in the holster, but was still plain to see a gun.

I believe the AOW thing is if it can be fired without being removed from the holster/wallet. I carry a Bauer .25 auto in a Wallet style Holster but can not get my finger front of the trigger when its in the holster so not an AOW. I also carry a spare magazine in the little Wallet.

This is my back pocket holster from Bear Creek Holsters with an LCP. I never really used it much in the wallet configuration - mainly used it in the front pocket with the back piece removed. Great quality leather holster but I rarely carry a .380.

IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

I believe the AOW thing is if it can be fired without being removed from the holster/wallet. I carry a Bauer .25 auto in a Wallet style Holster but can not get my finger front of the trigger when its in the holster so not an AOW. I also carry a spare magazine in the little Wallet.
I can't remember exactly how the BATF went after the originals but they got around it by making them so part of the pistol is still seen but they still fire from the holster. Desantis just changed the way they are made. They make them now called the "Pocket Shot". Top of the pistol is exposed and the pistol does fire while in the holster. Not sure if anyone else is making them besides Desantis now. They would also be VERY easy to make when you look at how they are made. Would be pretty simple to make one for your favorite mouse gun. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top