JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It all depends. Sold a couple of handguns in the portland area in 5he last few months. Wait time was a couple of hours. My wife and i are spending a week in prineville and picked up a used (looks new) glock 42 at one if the lgs and i was approved before the paperwork was done. Go figure.

Um, there's a spot on the form for your SS number (optional).

Must be when the dealer puts it in the computer, not on the paper form.
Everytime I've gone to Cabela's they have you fill out your info on the tablet. Pretty sure they get my ssn there. I've always had fun not waiting on holidays at Cabela's hahaha

How many of you are getting Delayed? Seems to be the new tactic to cut the line down, make them wait four days for a look and then at least three more if the FFL trusts you.

I was put in line at #2474 at A Cut Above today. Clean background, CHL, very uncommon last name. It is what it is. I don't fault A Cut Above at all. There are just a lot of people out there jumping in to the fray lately. Cool heads prevail.

So interesting plot of events FFL calls me this morning, "hey you can come pick up you're lower we made a mistake on you're paper work" mind you I went to the FFL yesterday morning to have them send a photo copy of my ID to the state didn't hear anything all day. I've learned something very important and that's how to be patient and practice understanding...... Doesn't mean I won't bubblegum about it though :)

Welcome!

I merged your new thread into this one, as it shows the current goings on for BGC's in OR.

I'd say just wait for the call.
I am new and Also First time Buyer. so i would assume it would take longer the first time. I was 2,500+ something Monday. At bimart ...
Entering the System for the First time i would assume logically they need to make sure i am who i am. All the things that don't change, then Criminal and the rest i would assume. Which Grandpa Told me to never Assume so i hate doing it. He also taught me a Lot more Thank GOD...Thank you All for the Info

I'm an LEO and used to also have an FFL but it doesn't matter. I always end up in the wait line. I can say for certain that it does not matter if you have your SSN on the form, a CHL, etc. I have tried both ways and neither way made a difference in clearance time. What really matters is if your name has a "close hit" in NCIC or LEDS to someone else with a felony record, warrants, parole, restraining orders, mental illness restrictions. Anything like that will require a human being to double check the computer readouts. Sometimes a close hit can be in an alias someone used or a slightly different spelling in name and close DOB to your info. As others have said, the wait times for that human attention is all based on numbers of people in the queue waiting for the same thing. Prior to the pandemic you would usually have a small number of folks in the queue, like 20, unless it was a gun show weekend someplace in the state, which would spike it up to around 50-60ish. The pandemic started the panic purchases so the numbers went up pretty quickly to a few hundred on a given day, then the lines around the corner caused more panic and numbers jumped again like a second phase. The third phase started in after George Floyd and numbers very quickly rose exponentially from 1000 to 2000 and again lately to 4000 and on up to around 4800's that I saw. As of yesterday I made a purchase and it was back down to the 2400's area. I hope this info makes sense lol. I'm certainly open to correction if someone else can point out other factors lol. The upside to all this is that so many "new" people have become gun owners and others on the fence have come down on the side of the 2nd Amendment and have flexed that muscle. It sucks to wait but I'm ok with it as long as Kate Brown-shirt and her minions don't slow it down on purpose. Jeez, at least give someone a job and a computer and help us all have the ability to protect ourselves! One last thing, I did hear today that the rate of denials on gun purchases has stayed relatively the same, despite the higher numbers of applications. Sorry for the loooong post!

Must be when the dealer puts it in the computer, not on the paper form.
Everytime I've gone to Cabela's they have you fill out your info on the tablet. Pretty sure they get my ssn there. I've always had fun not waiting on holidays at Cabela's hahaha
Even at cabelas I do it every time I buy. It's on paper forms and electronically forms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top