JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the broad brush stroke, yes. But among the Hellenic tribes, I suspect those would be fighting words.
Alexander the Great was the son of King Philip of Macedonia, but history calls him Greek too.
Some of the Greek city-states submitted to Persia, including Macedonia.

However, the Spartans, along with the Mantineans, Tegeans, Corinthians, and other Greeks, banded together to withstand Xerxes and defeat the invaders. Greeks defending all of Greece.

I wasn't there, but I think they all identified as Greek.

Considering LEAD is one of the most common occurring elements in the wilds, finding it in the animals shouldn't be shocking. As to Hunters and other outdoor users contributing to the lead intake of these raptors, I call BullSh!t, Eagles, Hawks, and all the rest are not getting their poising from Lead bullets or shot, I bet if someone were to do ACTUAL science they would find it likely due to the drought conditions concentrating what water there is into smaller pockets containing larger percentages of lead!

Lets look at a lake, it has a stream or several to feed it and maybe has a outlet or two, that stream picks up and carries Lead from all over it's watershead and carries it into the lake where it settles in the deepest parts and the toxicity levels are moderated both by depth and volume. Now, drain off a big percent of that water and you loose that moderation, so the toxicity level goes up!

I dunno about all this but what i can say is that like barns or not (some say they were behind the CA ban) I shoot the barns LRX and its arguably the best bullet I have used for break down shots. Every elk I shot was really really dead and the recovered bullets were a perfect mushroom.

So I am not afraid to use them for quality results. Not because they are non lead.

IMG_2697.jpg

Yeah....expect to see some new legislation.

Aloha, Mark
It infuriates me that California made that wild allegation that "hunters" are responsible for a state wide lead exposure for condors.. hunters.. over a whole state.. responsible. With the few projectiles left behind… and now they are trying to do it with eagles. There needs to be an in-depth investigation of who is funding these lead level researches.. Im fairly sure we'll see some heavily manipulated data.. its all BS.

Im just curious how the average person is supposed to determine that fish and game studies and research is BullS?

I have no scientific numbers or graphs but based off of visual encounters i'd say there has been a boom in the bald eagle population as of the last couple years here in Western Oregon… i'm not quite 30 so maybe i just don't remember "the good ol days" of bald eagles around.

I have no scientific numbers or graphs but based off of visual encounters i'd say there has been a boom in the bald eagle population as of the last couple years here in Western Oregon… i'm not quite 30 so maybe i just don't remember "the good ol days" of bald eagles around.
I am not quite 70 and there are more bald and golden eagles now than I have ever seen before.

Eph California.
I lived there in the '80's and '90's, and '06-'09.
Saw a map of California Condor habitat/territory.
Oddly enough it was EXACTLY matching public land you could shoot on! (You can't use lead on CC land)
A-holes
Eph California.

Joe

The Spartans had the right idea, throwing their water-head newborns off a cliff upon birth….. instead of educating them, or electing them to office.
Be careful what you wish for. If this were applied, this site would have 10-20 members at most.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top