JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sad to say we have people over here in similar positions of power living in the county police HQ. Back in 2005, with no evidence apart from 'feminine intuition', the county Chief Constable - a professional police officer, not an elected member of the constabulary - decided arbitrarily to impose further restrictions on an already groaning bunch of shooting enthusiasts by insisting, in the interests of public safety, that all firearms certificate holders [FAC holders] MUST have audible alarm systems fitted to their property. For most of us, this was not a problem - living outside of a town it seems a reasonable requirement that most of us already have anyhow.

BUT - she went on to limit the number of firearms in our possession to sixteen - too late, as I already had nineteen. So, I now have a geas on my documentation that means that if I want to buy another gun, something that happens about once a year, Ihave to sell one first.

There is absolutely NO mention of any kind of upper limit in the home Office guidelines - in fact, it simply states that you, the owner, must ensure their safekeeping when not in use.

However, this catch-all clause 'in the interests of public safety' seems to have allowed her and her successors to get away with what appears to be an interpretation of the yUK gun laws.

The county I live in seems to be the only one to do this.....

Sad to say we have people over here in similar positions of power living in the county police HQ. Back in 2005, with no evidence apart from 'feminine intuition', the county Chief Constable - a professional police officer, not an elected member of the constabulary - decided arbitrarily to impose further restrictions on an already groaning bunch of shooting enthusiasts by insisting, in the interests of public safety, that all firearms certificate holders [FAC holders] MUST have audible alarm systems fitted to their property. For most of us, this was not a problem - living outside of a town it seems a reasonable requirement that most of us already have anyhow.

BUT - she went on to limit the number of firearms in our possession to sixteen - too late, as I already had nineteen. So, I now have a geas on my documentation that means that if I want to buy another gun, something that happens about once a year, Ihave to sell one first.

There is absolutely NO mention of any kind of upper limit in the home Office guidelines - in fact, it simply states that you, the owner, must ensure their safekeeping when not in use.

However, this catch-all clause 'in the interests of public safety' seems to have allowed her and her successors to get away with what appears to be an interpretation of the yUK gun laws.

The county I live in seems to be the only one to do this.....

Yeah but how many screwdrivers can you own to install said audible alarm? Too many if you ask me. Screwdrivers account for 12% of all homicides in the UK and to this day not one screwdriver manufacturer has done research or invested in safety mechanisms to ensure unauthorized users can't operate them.

Seems like you need to clean up that public safety scourge before moving on to larger problems.

Edit: I don't have the actual screwdriver homicide numbers in front of me, but like AOC I don't need to be factually correct because I'm morally correct.

For G*d's Sake, Man, are you trying to get me fried??? I have a whole BUNCH of unlicensed screwdrivers - some are even BLACK!!!! :eek:

And one of them has a convertible tip - :oops: you can whip it out in less than a second and convert it from that nasty regular to the a seriously deadly cross-point..:eek:

Uh, so I'm told. :cool:

He's long shot, but he's got my vote.

He was on Lars today talking about how he cut his budget by 25% and he'll do the same for Olympia.
It made him sound like he will be out of his league. Like Regerts said, going from one horse town to state Gov is like a Tee ball player stepping into the Majors, but I'm still voting for him.

He's long shot, but he's got my vote.

He was on Lars today talking about how he cut his budget by 25% and he'll do the same for Olympia.
It made him sound like he will be out of his league. Like Regerts said, going from one horse town to state Gov is like a Tee ball player stepping into the Majors, but I'm still voting for him.

If those in power think he really will go after the money they will all go after him:mad:

Wasn't there a wrestler who was a guv of minny-sohta? Yer kiddin. Oh wait...

And yeah, aaaaaaaahnold was guv of kommiefornia. Who'd a thunk it?

So, me thinks ye olde sherriff has a chance of winning.

As to upholding laws or picking and choosing, see congress before grass roots country...

I get it, slowly, but I get it. The current administration enacted a state law that the prospective gentleman holds to be unconstitutional, rather like a soldier being given an unlawful order.

So that when he becomes whatever it is he wants to be, and in a position to do so, he can shirtcan it.

Gotcha.

See, I got there in the end............................ :)

Not just the Gov, the whole state executive branch in conjunction with the crime syndicate know as the King County Democratic Central Committee, via a dirty-dealing "popular initiative" bought and paid for by Paul Allen and Michael Bloomberg with many process violations that should have never let it onto the ballot except that the sh*t-sucking subhuman scum of our State Supreme Court waved a hand and said "WE will MAKE it legal." (Do a quick search in "I-1639" here for the background.)

Apologies for language, but the internal machinations of Washington State and how elections are openly bought and sold here really rips my skivvies.

If I lived there he'd have my vote.

So many go along to get along, when you see a representative with a backbone, its worth supporting.
Um. Check your profile. It says you live "there" so what's your excuse now?

7CBA3012-4B52-4222-B166-9F68FF3585B6.jpeg

I'll support the guy, but being chief of a PD in a one horse town where the horse died back in the great war, isnt exactly the same as running a state.

Ha, still would be better than Inslee!
Just like serial bankruptcy, draft evasion, tax fraud, don't qualify someone to be president.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top