JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You do realize that by making this a PERSONAL responsibility, most people know,,,1: what they know. and 2: if they screw up, they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I will bet that WA students have better attention at a basic safety classes than places that require hours and hours of "training".

I am personally of the opinion that any "requirements" only price the poor out of the market...and the poor are in need of the ability to defend themselves too. Old elitist Jim Crow is alive and well in the pro gun world, not just the anti-world.

I could not agree with you more. I volunteer at a local range teaching the NRA Basic Rife and Home Firearm Safety courses. These are not required courses other than being a prerequisite to other courses. They are also very inexpensive and tend to sell out a few months in advance. People really seem to pay attention. They interact a lot and ask good questions. It's very rare for someone to score below 80% on the test.

If we really needed mandatory classes we would know this because accidental shootings (per capita) would be substantially higher here than in states that require training.

I keep the Aguila ½ size shells in my Win 1300's. Enough for close, in house use, and shouldn't penetrate far.

The Win 1300 is OK'd by Aguila for the short shells and the KelTec KSG is, according to KT, also supposed to work fine with them also.

Those actually function in your shotguns? I'm really surprised!

FWIW, a couple months after I got my WA CPL I took a class for an OR CHL, the class was very basic I didn't learn anything new, and in fact, I think one thing taught was flat out incorrect (The instructor claimed it was illegal for your gun to show if you are CCing, and that you must either CC or OC, not in between).

For the informed gun owner, the class is basically useless.

Not as good for clearing rooms though really. A handgun allows you to have something that isn't sticking out that a BG can grab onto if he's hidden just where you can't see and you start to come around the corner and he grabs your barrel. I wish I could find it but I saw a good video on clearing rooms with a handgun vs a shotgun. Handgun is way more versitile and even fired from close up with your hands just up to your chest where a shotgun wouldn't. So, I'm going for my M&P .45 instead unless I have the ability to know exactly where the BG is and won't have to be checking each room. But that's just me.

I respectfully disagree.
KSG021.jpg

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top