JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Five months, 12K new licenses; WA at front end of CCW surge

In the five months between early November and early April, the Washington Department of Licensing logged nearly 12,000 new concealed pistol licenses, putting the Evergreen State definitely on the front end of a national surge that is seeing record numbers of private citizens “arming up.”

<broken link removed>

Sure there is!

And he's organized a virtual army, and we're completely prepared with sand, salt and overwhelming mechanized force to meet both days of snow that we get every four years.

Why are you on here?

At least there are some in the state that want to protect themselves.I have no life,other than friends at gun shops.
I have never seen so many people that have never owned guns coming into shops.People in their 70's buying their first gun.
I love it.
I know when I took the Utah class,they were doing about 10 times as many permits as the previous year

An armed society is a polite society

Since WA require no safety class,

I just hope all the new people who are getting their CCW knows what they are doing. (Safety and handing) :s0131:

We like to be "court room correct"
I like to ask people,flat out,if the can kill someone.
Say it how you want,politically or court room correct,it comes down to killing another human being.

If you can't make that decision then you shouldn't carry a gun.

Say it how you want,politically or court room correct,it comes down to killing another human being.

Agreed. Those that carry should be at terms with that fact, plain and simple. Carry to protect you, your family, and those in need. It sounds blunt and archaic but it is the bottom line. I would hate to wind up a victim, and supply a pistol to a criminal because I didn't have my mind set on the possible outcome...

I just bought my 1st firearm and got my CCW in December. I just got tired of seeing home invasions and break-ins on the news. So I talked to a few friends and bought my 1st, 2nd and 3rd firearms. :)

Better look into 12 GA shotguns and buckshot if home invasions are a concern.. a handgun at 1 AM is a poor substitute

Long ago when faced with the evil that men do I determined that I could kill as many of them as required to protect me and mine, and sleep well afterwards, indeed

Strut and pose season is early this year.

fkxhmr.jpg

I was looking at whom has repricosity with whom the other day since I was getting mine for Arizona. ( Actually no permit required for conceal or open carry - except in a few situations)

I was a little surprised that Washington and Oregon are with the ranks of Illinois and several other coast anti gun states that do not have written agreements with many pro gun states.

I interpret - that they would like to take those rights away - or at least make it more difficult to carry. Kepp vigilant

And just what, exactly, does this mean? Some kind of macho chest thumper code? :huh:
We're discussing a surge in CPLs in Washington State.
Aren't we? :confused:

the greenlaker tries to start arguments and Blitz is just saying he's actually had to pull his weapon before.
Come on Dave,what good is a thread if nobody is insulting someone?;)

I love the fact that so many people are buying their first guns and getting permits.
And that some states have reciprocity with other states.
Just not sanctioned by the Feds :s0131::s0131:

Better look into 12 GA shotguns and buckshot if home invasions are a concern.. a handgun at 1 AM is a poor substitute

Not as good for clearing rooms though really. A handgun allows you to have something that isn't sticking out that a BG can grab onto if he's hidden just where you can't see and you start to come around the corner and he grabs your barrel. I wish I could find it but I saw a good video on clearing rooms with a handgun vs a shotgun. Handgun is way more versitile and even fired from close up with your hands just up to your chest where a shotgun wouldn't. So, I'm going for my M&P .45 instead unless I have the ability to know exactly where the BG is and won't have to be checking each room. But that's just me.

My wife and I both just got our permits for OR a couple months back- I bought 2 handguns (after a 12+ year drought without one). I'm taking my Utah CHL course in 2 weeks so I can carry nearly everywhere I'm likely to travel to anytime soon. My wife isn't planning on carrying regularly. She got hers because 2 of our vehicles are a pickup and an SUV. With Oregon's laws, if she's going anywhere with a gun in the car, now she won't get in trouble since technically it's "accessible by the passengers" in its case in the back, unloaded...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top