JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking at whom has repricosity with whom the other day since I was getting mine for Arizona. ( Actually no permit required for conceal or open carry - except in a few situations)

I was a little surprised that Washington and Oregon are with the ranks of Illinois and several other coast anti gun states that do not have written agreements with many pro gun states.

I interpret - that they would like to take those rights away - or at least make it more difficult to carry. Kepp vigilant

I am a bit surprised that OR is as it is, but having lived there years ago, not really...The problem with WA is their requirements to recognize...one sticker is the other state has to require a fingerprint based background check, another is they cannot license under 21. Those two become the sticky wickets in most cases. Otherwise WA is prepaired to recognize any state, and will allow anyone that is not a "Prohibited person" to obtain a WA CPL, no residence or training necessary.

Our No-Training necessary is why NM does not recognize us, probably other states too.

UT now requires that you have your home states CWP first.

The states with reciprocity with each other have been back and forth on this issue for ages. My reading of the general presumption of CHL laws suggested they appeared to be based on getting your home state first and then the others. Some people were using reciprocity as a way to avoid higher local fees. I understand that sentiment entierly.

Legislators understanding a revenue generating service started tinkering with reciprocity to include clauses that formalize getting your local permit is possible.

This system has holes, but the alternative is federal system which may have even more holes.

-sbc

I am personally more fond of #4 shot than 00. More neighborhood-friendly.

Unfortunately #4 lacks the required penetration, especially on an angled shot. I used to load my chamber with a Federal Magnum #4 buckshot load with 41 pellets but no longer

If you mean #4 birdshot that is far less effective than the #4 buck

Good job Washingtonians! I am sure that a certain number of new CHL holders are ill equipped to carry any weapon and probably even more have not looked at their ability to take a life. I have found that most folks from WA are pretty solid, level headed folks (I used to work over there) who will do the right thing. So no more worrys than other jurisdictions.

+1 for 3" #4buck in a dwelling!

Last Edited:
Meh, low recoil buck for me. Plenty of penetration inside of 75 yards, more controllable.

I'm pretty sure Dave has published another article on CPLs since April. Let's see if he's paying attention...

Well, right now we're above 384,000 and probably right around 385,000 CPLs active in Washington.

As for shotguns in a house...you do not need anything that gives good penetration at 75 yards, but at 15-25 feet, and for that boys and girls, a load of high-base No. 2, 4 or even 6 will do just nicely. More lead, more spread, more likely to mess someone up at very close range.

Anybody who thinks that is nuts can volunteer to stand across a room, say a living room or bedroom, from me as I load up a 12-gauge with Remington high base... ;)

Potato potahto. My chosen load will have less recoil and be just as lethal. It'll have similar spread at close range and I can use it outside to good effect should the need arise. And it pairs exceptionally well with a PGSG, which is really handy around corners and through doorways. We're both right you know. Besides, I've been wrong twice already this year, so what are the odds? ;)

Well, right now we're above 384,000 and probably right around 385,000 CPLs active in Washington.

As for shotguns in a house...you do not need anything that gives good penetration at 75 yards, but at 15-25 feet, and for that boys and girls, a load of high-base No. 2, 4 or even 6 will do just nicely. More lead, more spread, more likely to mess someone up at very close range.

Anybody who thinks that is nuts can volunteer to stand across a room, say a living room or bedroom, from me as I load up a 12-gauge with Remington high base... ;)

Agree totally on the 10' to 15' or less. Even though my livingroom is 32' east to west, there is no way I will ever exceed that, and probabilities are that it will be less than 1/2 that. We are talking about home defense, not shooting turkeys in the wild.

Resurrected April thread?

According to the GAO report from June/July, 5.1% of the adult population of Oregon had a CHL, and 7.3% of adults in Washington had theirs. This doesn't take into account multiple-state holders. Still pretty telling, though.

Since WA require no safety class,

I just hope all the new people who are getting their CCW knows what they are doing. (Safety and handing) :s0131:

You do realize that by making this a PERSONAL responsibility, most people know,,,1: what they know. and 2: if they screw up, they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I will bet that WA students have better attention at a basic safety classes than places that require hours and hours of "training".

I am personally of the opinion that any "requirements" only price the poor out of the market...and the poor are in need of the ability to defend themselves too. Old elitist Jim Crow is alive and well in the pro gun world, not just the anti-world.

I keep the Aguila ½ size shells in my Win 1300's. Enough for close, in house use, and shouldn't penetrate far.

The Win 1300 is OK'd by Aguila for the short shells and the KelTec KSG is, according to KT, also supposed to work fine with them also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top