JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
Look over the list below and let me know what you can bring...

We NEED;

• Another Propane Coffee maker. I only have one and it is slow to brew! We'll have 3 stoves.
  • Cookies or Snack bars.
  • A Propane Barbecue unit.
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Ear plugs (for those who forgot)
(The list is getting smaller!!!) :)

If you would help with the We NEED section, please post here.

Cogs
Got the 2nd BBQ grill!!! Got cookies and snacks!! Got donuts galore!!! Got ear plugs!! Got a 2nd coffee pot (perk-a-lator type).

Final NEED;
Traffic may be a concern as there is not much space available. They now have large bolders in front of the pit which means we park along the road. Not much space, so, we'll need to direct folks to park in other areas. (Wish we had an ATV to shuttle people)! We could sure use someone to volunteer to work with the parking issue!

Cogs

Got the 2nd BBQ grill!!! Got cookies and snacks!! Got donuts galore!!! Got ear plugs!! Got a 2nd coffee pot (perk-a-lator type).

Final NEED;
Traffic may be a concern as there is not much space available. They now have large bolders in front of the pit which means we park along the road. Not much space, so, we'll need to direct folks to park in other areas. (Wish we had an ATV to shuttle people)! We could sure use someone to volunteer to work with the parking issue!

Cogs

I haven't been up there since the rocks.

My question is, could we park people in at a 45 degree angle so we can go nose in and fit more cars in?

I can point to spots but not walk a long way and don't really shoot up there and it's changed like nothing like I remember as a kid so I'm not sure what to tell people but I'll stand out there and do what I can to help; whatever's needed.

I haven't been up there since the rocks.

My question is, could we park people in at a 45 degree angle so we can go nose in and fit more cars in?

I can point to spots but not walk a long way and don't really shoot up there and it's changed like nothing like I remember as a kid so I'm not sure what to tell people but I'll stand out there and do what I can to help; whatever's needed.
I think we'll need to drive up and down to see what's available. Then we can just tell people where there's space. I know there's a sharp corner not very far past the pit that they can park in. Also, I think we can get some along the North bound side next to the pit. We'll just have to see when we get there.

"We shall storm the field with great valor and immense attitude. Armed with rakes and trash bags, we will emerge victorious! There shall be no trash left standing!"

Then we'll eat and blow the place up!

Cogs

Dog gone it's wet up here. Bring rain gear! Another canopy would be good. Towels! We need more towels to dry things.

Lots of trash to look at!

Awesome to meet everyone that showed up today , was soaked to the bone so I took off. Hoping the next time we can get better weather. On a good note we really put a dent in the trash and hauled out truck loads of trash. Thanks again NWFA

I also enjoyed meeting everyone and it feels good to have picked up some unsightly garbage to help the shooting community.

I saw a ton of cyclists head up the road while I was there and that had to have looked good - especially with the great turn out!!!

I was also soaked but I was pretty much gassed out before lunch even started, so I headed home,but hopefully everyone enjoyed the food and got some shooting in afterwards.

Had a little excitement on the way home and got into it with a big tree, but that story's not done yet so I'll make another thread later.

Thanks again to @Cogs for all the effort to set this up and make it a great event & thanks to @GunRightsCoalition for the Facebook crowd that showed up to help.:cool:

Big THANKS to all who came. Wet and all, we had a good time! Here's some pics...
2-27-26 Clean up 1.jpg

2-27-26 Clean up 2.jpg

2-27-26 Clean up 3.jpg
2-27-26 Clean up 4.jpg

2-27-26 Clean up 6.jpg

2-27-26 Clean up 5.jpg

Awesome to meet everyone that showed up today , was soaked to the bone so I took off. Hoping the next time we can get better weather. On a good note we really put a dent in the trash and hauled out truck loads of trash. Thanks again NWFA

Great meeting you & this was your baptism to the PNW!!!!

I can't remember the last time I was this wet, oh yes I can, taking a shower (this morning)!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O:p
Edited for Stomper...... you know who you are....:p

Last Edited:
Thank you, Chris M, of SW WA Civil Defense Group, for leading us in prayer this morning. The Good Lord took a likin to us and blessed us with a safe and fun day. He also made sure we got off early, had good food, good fellowship and He even stopped the rain at just the right time! He listens to you!

Say, I wonder if you could put in a good word for me... !!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top